Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Even if he did throw the ball aggressively (which he didn't)

In my opinion, it's still not a straight red.

It's a football....a football that hits the players all the time and adrenaline is within the spiral. It's the sport. Get used to it.

If he threw it hard at a fan or official, then that's completely different.
  • Options
    The FA have got this so wrong. Pussyfooting around such behaviour is likely to lead to supporters throwing balls that have gone out back onto the pitch in an aggressive way.

Thin edge and all that. It will be pigs next.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    The FA have got this so wrong. Pussyfooting around such behaviour is likely to lead to supporters throwing balls that have gone out back onto the pitch in an aggressive way.

Thin edge and all that. It will be pigs next.
    Good job this didn't happen before the protests previously as Bowyer would be seen by the FA as inciting fans and Roland would have a rant about Bowyer getting violent with a football and would put him in the same category as vinegar pissers. 
  • Options
    Can’t believe they doubled his ban , they wouldn’t do it to a big team , why does the FA always go against poor old little Charlton , woe betide us 
  • Options
    So, uh, what was the point?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    So, uh, what was the point?
    Made the ref feel like a tough guy for 5mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sensible outcome.
  • Options

Harris and Bowyer are 1-1 for the season on the red card front.

Odds on either receiving more than the other?

• Options
    cblock said:
    Confirmation that the ref got it badly wrong,  but they  felt the need to tell LB to watch his future conduct.
    Spineless,how about telling the ref about his shortcomings.

If I worked for Charlton I'd be challenging The FA to see what sanctions are being taken against the referee for such a vital mistake.

The FA would do fuck all though as they're as spineless as the referee himself.

• Options
    cblock said:
    Confirmation that the ref got it badly wrong,  but they  felt the need to tell LB to watch his future conduct.

If I worked for Charlton I'd be challenging The FA to see what sanctions are being taken against the referee for such a vital mistake.

wasn't there .. it's possible that the ref red carded Bowyer to prevent any more flare ups between the two side line staffs .. we know how Lee can go off on one once his dander is up .. could be a rare clever decision from an official ((:>) 
  • Options
    The ref has been given the Reading v Blackburn game this weekend, so clearly they don't think he did too much wrong otherwise they wouldn't have given him a game so soon.
  • Options
    cblock said:

wasn't there .. it's possible that the ref red carded Bowyer to prevent any more flare ups between the two side line staffs .. we know how Lee can go off on one once his dander is up .. could be a rare clever decision from an official ((:>) 
    Ermmmm.......that’s a bit fanciful Lincs.
  • Options
    cblock said:

The clue to that is the bit about Bowyer being warned about his future conduct. That is the ref protector bit kicking in.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Disgraceful that the FA is not throwing the book at Bowyer.

If they threw a book at Bowyer presumably they's get a red card as well, depending on whether they threw it with excessive force or not
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    cblock said:

Yes, the ref on Saturday could send Bowyer off before kick off to avoid a future clash. The issue was clearly that it was a ridiculous sending off that couldn't stand up to scrutiny. It is annoying they warned Bowyer as their own decision confirms he did nothing wrong. Had he done something wrong the sending off would have been upheld!