Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst away pubs...

from your years on the road following the Addicks.

Been in a few dives, one at Coventry particularly sticks out and an Irish bar over at Shepherds Bush for QPR.

any strong memories or particular tales?

Comments

• Options
    Some dreadful pubs in Fleetwood - cheap though!
  • Options
    bradford spings to mind, shocking pub on route to the ground, everyone in there had 12 fingers
  • Options
    one in bradford @ElfsborgAddick dragged a few of us to a couple of seasons back.

Gone 12 not open see us outside so opened by the Addams family was really creepy. Walking to the toilet was like walking the green mile. 
  • Options
    from your years on the road following the Addicks.

Been in a few dives, one at Coventry particularly sticks out and an Irish bar over at Shepherds Bush for QPR.

any strong memories or particular tales?
    The Rocket by the station? 
  • Options
    There’s one called the Sportsman or the Cricketer near to Tranmere’s ground that must be up there.
  • Options
    Blackburn pub which was the headquarters of the local edl group, asked for a pint of strongbow and was given a can and then poured into a glass, we had booked an advance fair and it was pissing down and the train didnt go until 6.15pm so we had nothing to but stay there. 

pompey 2 seasons ago ended up in havant in some dive called the six bells. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    One somewhere up near the old Baseball Ground stuck in between some houses. Pink and Green neon lighting everywhere inside. Definitely one for the more discerning Gentleman in the evenings. 
  • Options
    The one at Coventry,i think was called the Rocket,one at Blackburn with a jukebox with all the songs spelt wrong "Wipout" instead of "Wipeout",Port Vale and Stoke had some ropey old boozers.
  • Options

Huddersfield – I can’t remember the name, I thought The Swan but I can’t find it on Google. Really dark and dank, southerner tax on the beers and racist graffiti in the loos. Quickly finished our drinks and left.

Yeovil – Royal Oak. @stewart and I kept missing our train home so every hour we were back in there amid stares, gawping and weirdo west country types. Didn’t help Stewart first bounded in there with a crate of beer on his shoulder (meant for the first train we missed).

Gillingham – The Southern Belle. Total dive plus after a quiet Kent Cup game we were treated to the full-on inbred karaoke by drugged up Jeremy Kyle types, who kept pointing and staring at my mate because he was in a suit.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The pub next to Wolverhampton station was about as bad as they get.  The floor is sticky, the lager was cloudy (and tasted metallic) and my mate nearly got his head torn off by the landlady for asking if they had Sky Sports (they didn't by the way)! 
  • Options
    To be fair that is one of the best things about an away day stumbling into some weird pub in the arse end of the country. 
  • Options
    The pub next to Wolverhampton station was about as bad as they get.  The floor is sticky, the lager was cloudy (and tasted metallic) and my mate nearly got his head torn off by the landlady for asking if they had Sky Sports (they didn't by the way)! 
    The Whetherspoons isn’t much better - bloke tried to nick my change after I bought a drink, when I wouldn’t let him he tried to fight me then and there. All this happened whilst he was holding his 6 year old sons hand. 
  • Options
    The Antigallican took some beating, although the Angerstein will try hard.
  • Options
    I quite liked the Rocket, it's gone now but I thought it was ok

I know the one @roseandcrown is on about in Bradford and can confirm it is a proper creepy place 

Gillingham's worst pub was the livingtone arms which has been gone for years but that was bad.

It's hard to think of one I'd class as so bad I'd refuse to drink there, in fact the Oak pisses me off more than any away pub I can think of. Manchester city centre has some moody places you need to watch yourself in as does Liverpool but for me having to wait ages for a drink anywhere pisses me off at football, time, drinking time is crucial to the days enjoyment and I can handle beer in cans even expensive beer in cans as long as I'm not waiting in a queue for it 
  • Options
    one in bradford @ElfsborgAddick dragged a few of us to a couple of seasons back.

Gone 12 not open see us outside so opened by the Addams family was really creepy. Walking to the toilet was like walking the green mile. 
    Any pub with @clb74 in it.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Samuel Smith's Corporation Inn in Rochdale. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Samuel's Smith's Corporation Inn in Rochdale. 
    is that the one close to the station? if so went in there after our game last season and it kicked off as I was leaving with a local threatening to burn the pub down. 
  • Options
    The Rocket in coventry was the closest pub to my school. Was shocked to find it wasn’t there any more. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Samuel's Smith's Corporation Inn in Rochdale. 
    is that the one close to the station? if so went in there after our game last season and it kicked off as I was living with a local threatening to burn the pub down. 
    It is indeed.
  • Options
    The Gas Club in Huddersfield is one of the worst places I can remember drinking. Easily the most Northern feeling establishment I've ever been in and was surrounded by about 30-40 of their youth lot so spent the time speaking in whispers.
  • Options
    50p to get in though. The Market Tavern in Huddersfield is the worst yet funniest. Dog on a bit of string outside was a clue. Most in Coventry and Wolverhampton are horrid, Gotham Town in Newcastle awful. Hogan's in Darlington takes a bit of beating too. 
  • Options
    A pub in Stockport. I can't remember the name, but if you had 2 legs you felt out of place.
  • Options
    Not sure about this, but house or pub in Coventry c.1986, that served beer in their hallway through a serving hatch. This could have been a dream I have mixed up with reality.

• Options
    50p to get in though. The Market Tavern in Huddersfield is the worst yet funniest. Dog on a bit of string outside was a clue. Most in Coventry and Wolverhampton are horrid, Gotham Town in Newcastle awful. Hogan's in Darlington takes a bit of beating too. 
    I actually quite liked it there.

It wasn't even that long ago and round of about 7 drinks was less than a tenner