Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FFS!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Imagine being annoyed by Christmas
    Didn’t John Lennon sing

Imagine there’s no Christmas 
  • Apparently 52% of people love seeing Christmas stuff in the shops in September...  
    I’m not one of them!
  • Always been one of my favourites with a big dollop of double cream.
    Me too.

Has to be clotted cream though.
  • Love it, they should sell 'seasonal' food all year round! I love mince pies and stollen and it annoys me that I can only buy them for a limited time.
  • Christmas is SO yesterday.
    When they going to get off their arses and display the Easter eggs ffs?  :|
  • N01R4M said:
    What's the matter?  Hadn't you realised Advent now starts on 1st September?

No different from the "Back to School" ranges being in the shops before the end of July, or hot cross buns appearing on the shelves the minute the last of the reduced-to-clear Christmas puds have been sold!

P.S.  Last posting dates for Christmas for surface mail to most countries other than N.America & Europe are generally before the end of September - you heard it here first!
    Yes, it's no different.  But it's still wrong.

Shuffles off to bed with cup of cocoa, muttering "Bah, humbug".
  • N01R4M said:
    What's the matter?  Hadn't you realised Advent now starts on 1st September?

No different from the "Back to School" ranges being in the shops before the end of July, or hot cross buns appearing on the shelves the minute the last of the reduced-to-clear Christmas puds have been sold!

P.S.  Last posting dates for Christmas for surface mail to most countries other than N.America & Europe are generally before the end of September - you heard it here first!

Love Advent. Can't wait to get my calendar.  This year's it's a Tory calendar where Jacob Rees-Mogg's family come round and open doors for you.

• Sponsored links:

• I have no emotional reaction to this stuff whatsoever so I don’t get why it bothers anyone. It’s the same stuff at the same time every year and there’s a reaction to it like it’s never happened before. 

In a previous life I had to deal with a constant flow of customers complaining about Christmas movies being available to watch all year round. As if those people only watched Apollo 13 while orbiting the Earth. 
  • Booked the kids visit to Father Christmas for December today. 
    Ha, I think we booked that in January !!
    This one only opened today!  Where did you go for? 
    Doing Lapland UK, probably our last chance to do something big for it.

Have done Hever Castle last couple of years and would recommend.

Enjoy mate,  this sort of stuff is the the gold stuff in being a parent
    Just looked at the prices for Lapland UK - eek.

I wondered where our subscription money goes !!
  • Fumbluff said:
    You can buy hot cross buns all year round you know. Food is food. 

And spouts are on sale in Asda too. 
    I love spouts and boccoli especially covered in gavy

Rather poke my eye out with a sharp stick! The most awful food put on Earth!
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I have no emotional reaction to this stuff whatsoever so I don’t get why it bothers anyone. It’s the same stuff at the same time every year and there’s a reaction to it like it’s never happened before. 

In a previous life I had to deal with a constant flow of customers complaining about Christmas movies being available to watch all year round. As if those people only watched Apollo 13 while orbiting the Earth. 
    i would of thought that one of the last thing you want to watch whilst orbiting the earth is Apollo 13. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Booked the kids visit to Father Christmas for December today. 

We got it a bit cheaper.

I know it sounds a bit sad, but i collect £2 and 20p coins all year to pay for things like this. You don't really notice it that way  

• 25May98 said:
    104 sleeps. 

Or just one Big Sleep.
  • MrOneLung said:

We got it a bit cheaper.

I know it sounds a bit sad, but i collect £2 and 20p coins all year to pay for things like this. You don't really notice it that way  

Why not 50's & £1's?
  • Its the same in the card shops, went in to buy a birthday card and yep, Christmas cards stacked on show, start of September.  Crying out loud. 
  • John Lewis in Canary Wharf already has its Christmas tree and decorations up.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I have no emotional reaction to this stuff whatsoever so I don’t get why it bothers anyone. It’s the same stuff at the same time every year and there’s a reaction to it like it’s never happened before. 

You do realise that makes you a psychopath, or sociopath, or is it a garden path? 

It's something anyway.

I have done no research... 
  • I can get stuck into a tasty mince pie any time of year .. and remember it's always Christmas somewhere in the world .. aint it ???
  • MrOneLung said:

We got it a bit cheaper.

You would do being one of Santa’s Little Helpers. 
  • Our outdoor Christmas lights are already up.  Of course, that’s because I was too lazy to take them down. Didn’t even unplug them. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:

i would of thought that one of the last thing you want to watch whilst orbiting the earth is Apollo 13. 
    You'd hope it wouldn't be the last thing you watched.
  • Booked the kids visit to Father Christmas for December today. 

Was looking at going Hever Castle this year but the two weekends I could do are fully booked so looks like I may have to book a day off or go beginning of December. Can you remember how long the kids are in the grotto and get to see Santa? The website has booking sessions every 15mins but almost £70 for two adults and 2 kids(1under 4) seems steep.

I went to Ruxley Manor last year and that was quite good but we did get rushed out a bit towards the end...towards the gifts/photos etc obviously