Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your all time favourite scream in a piece of music

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lena Lovich - Lucky Number.  Admittedly more of a yelp than a scream.
  • Options
    Love Me - The Phantom
    Train Kept a Rollin' - Johnny Burnette & the Rock n Roll Trio
    Wild, Wild Women - Johnny Carroll 
  • Options
    Joe Cocker, on songs to numerous to mention an absolute legend.
    Saw him live at The Tower of London a few years back...superb.
    His best album is Stingray.....pure class.
  • Options
    Beastie Boys - Sabotage
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

....Bruce Dickinson can still recreate it live more than three decades later
    Not since he had throat cancer and turned 60 he can't. He still has a go though.

Hmm he is definitely struggling on a few songs going by recent footage, given his age and the cancer its understandable though.
  • Options
    Fire - Crazy World of Arthur Brown
  • Options
    Bleach - Migi Mo Hidari Mo Shihai Suru Atama Wa Kyou Mo Niku O Kui Yodare (The Head That Controls Both Right And Left Sides Eats Meats And Slobbers Even Today)
  • Options
    Prince - Endorphinmachine
  • Options
    Down in the Sewer by The Stranglers, which seems to have popped up in a few categories lately....honourable mention for Dave Grohl on Monkey Wrench by the Foo Fighters
  • Options
    A bit of a guilty pleasure for me is ‘Alone’ by Heart. 

I like the scream in that song. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Bodyform commercial? 
  • Options
    Child in Time - Deep Purple
  • Options
    Oh, a great "scream" occurs in Gimme Shelter, by the Rolling Stones. Merry Clayton was the singer and did it in the middle of the night - she recorded it while still in curlers/a dressing gown (depending on what apocrypha you believe). On one particularly powerful exertion of "rape, murder, it's just a shot away", her voice cracks, and you can hear Mick Jagger softly go "woo" in the background:

https://youtu.be/EJRdDhnTRoo?t=178 
  • Options
    Man Out Of Time. Elvis Costello 
  • Options
    Barry Manilow- Mandy 
  • Options
    I put a spell on you - screaming jay hawkins
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Oh, a great "scream" occurs in Gimme Shelter, by the Rolling Stones. Merry Clayton was the singer and did it in the middle of the night - she recorded it while still in curlers/a dressing gown (depending on what apocrypha you believe). On one particularly powerful exertion of "rape, murder, it's just a shot away", her voice cracks, and you can hear Mick Jagger softly go "woo" in the background:

https://youtu.be/EJRdDhnTRoo?t=178 
    Not only was she summonsed in the middle of the night but she was pregnant at the time and later suffered a miscarriage.
  • Options
    Just saw the title of this thread and the one, the only one, that sprang up in my mind was ‘won’t get fooled again’ by the Who.

(Respect to Henry Irving and Dave Mehmet)
  • Options
    Won't get fooled again

• Options
    Won't get fooled again
    Close the thread

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chester Bennington in Linkin Park's, Giving Up... He pulls off a solid 17 second scream in the song that appears to be a cry for help. 
  • Options
    Wont get fooled again

Memories of 74 and 76.
  • Options
    Land of a 1000 dances - Wilson Pickett.
  • Options
    Depends on the definition of "scream" - Janis Joplin screams her way through her version of "Piece Of My Heart" so I'm gonna, perhaps, bend the rules and give that my vote purely for her passion.
  • Options
    Slayer - Angel of Death.

Obviously.