Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The £10 pint

2»

Comments

• Options
    Other than when I go and watch Charlton I do all my drinking indoors. 

Don’t know how you can do that mate.

There is no happier place of contentment than being plotted up in a proper pub with a few pals (preferably including a wannabe comedian, a joke target sponge, a filthy animal and a pal who has an experience or story for everything), a few beers, a selection of snacks and chewing the fat over absolute nonsense. Get transported away from the realities of life for a few happy hours.

Football and pub is great, but the focus is all centred around the football and not the same imo.
    Which one are you?
  • Options
    In the west end at the theatre a few months back, 2 bottles of lager and 2 small gin n tonics was £29
  • Options
    In the west end at the theatre a few months back, 2 bottles of lager and 2 small gin n tonics was £29
    Doesn’t qualify for this thread, average price of £7.50 and the two G&Ts would have been more than £9 (£12.40 by the Valley price list this season!)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Doesn’t qualify for this thread, average price of £7.50 and the two G&Ts would have been more than £9 (£12.40 by the Valley price list this season!)
    True, indeed!

I imagine this thread will die down for a while and then resurface as £10 pints become genuinely increasingly frequent 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Fair enough....still obscene in my opinion 
  • Options
    The younguns at work find it hard to believe that going out after the pub, meant you had to wear shoes, proper trousers and a collared shirt 
  • Options
    Anyone paying 10 quid or more for a pint at the moment has got to be seriously minted, soon to become seriously skint!
  • Options
    Paid a tenner a pint (equivalent) in central Oslo bars in 2006. Will have been paying that in Singspore for years too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Craft Beer Co Bar in Covent Garden.
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.
    With £7 a 1/3 barrier going in Yorkshire, £8 a 1/3 going in Birmingham, I thought £10 a 1/3 may have gone somewhere in London 
  • Options
    This is something that will never cause concern to @ElfsborgAddick. Last time he bought a pint it cost 85p. 

I was over in Sweden the summer of 1990.  We were in this bar and I got chatting to this lovely Swedish lady, anyway, she accepted my offer of a drink and asked for a Vodka(if I'm not mistaken), at this point I just thought it would be money well spent at the end of the evening so pulled out the wedge instead of coughing and spluttering.  29 years ago that drink cost me £8.

She had the drink and then said she had to go home, without me.............................

• Options
    Anyone who has been to one of the big clubs in Ibiza at any point in the past 15 years will have paid well over a tenner for a drink
  • Options
    This is something that will never cause concern to @ElfsborgAddick. Last time he bought a pint it cost 85p. 
    But to be fair to him, he was in Prague....
  • Options
    Probably bought the first round as well.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Craft Beer Co Bar in Covent Garden.
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.
    I take it you settled for a third?

Hey, she's wearing my legendary Rose Tinted Specs?!!

• Options
    JT said:
    In Sydney, on average about 6/7 quid, then Stella would be something ridiculous like 9
    I was paying £5.50 for a pint in the heart of Sydney
  • Options
    Singapore a Singapore Airport £15 for a pint of Heineken 2 years ago
  • Options
    I bet it wasn’t pleasant having him inside you though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Making me want a pint this...
  • Options
    I spent a month in Switzerland with my sister back in 1985 (I was 14). 
    My cousin was with me and we managed to convince my sister to let us go to the local nightclub. In those days you paid your entry with your first drink. Nearly died when we worked out how much our underage drinks were, £10 each. 
    Still, didn’t have to buy one after that, plenty of dirty old geezers trying their luck lol
  • Options
    Bring the flag button back, a disgusting comment showing no respect.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Anyone who has been to one of the big clubs in Ibiza at any point in the past 15 years will have paid well over a tenner for a drink
    2 bottles of Heineken 
    2 jd and cokes
    1 bottle of water 

ushaia ibiza - 64 euros. 

2014 that was 
  • Options
    2 bottles of Heineken 
    2 jd and cokes
    1 bottle of water 

ushaia ibiza - 64 euros. 

2014 that was 
    The water was what f***** you mate.