Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Birmingham fill the away end

13»

Comments

• valleyfan said:
    And they do love smashing coach windows of family coaches at their place, even Millwall are not that sad. 
    Yes, I was stewarding the Junior reds coach that day. Shocking behaviour from one of the worst bunch of cavemen ever. Good point - we beat them 4-3! The outer window on the coach 'blew out' on the way back down the M1. Always love it when we bash 'em!
  • They have come to see the Champions. 
  • edited September 2019
    My two abiding memories are them coming into the Covered End about 83 shouting Zulu or something. Also going to St Andrews last game of the season early in Sean Newtons career and willing them to win and stay up so could get out alive. I think Karen Brady gave a halftime speech or something. 

Keep Right On is a great song to my mind, written by Harry Lauder in tribute to his son being killed on the Somme (buried in Orvillers CWGC), the team, many Great War vets, sung it on the train back from London along with supporters in the early 30's and it kinda stuck. 

I am going to go to this game as it should be a cracker and potentially 20k plus. 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    My two abiding memories are them coming into the Covered End about 83 shouting Zulu or something. Also going to St Andrews last game of the season early in Sean Newtons career and willing them to win and stay up so could get out alive. I think Karen Brady gave a halftime speech or something. 

Keep Right On is a great song to my mind, written by Harry Lauder in tribute to his son being killed on the Somme (buried in Orvillers CWGC), the team, many Great War vets, sung it on the train back from London along with supporters in the early 30's and it kinda stuck. 

I am going to go to this game as it should be a cracker and potentially 20k plus. 
    Remember the early 80's game...mate lost a shoe in the chaos when Brum came in the CE.
  • edited September 2019
    SE7toSG3 said:

Remember the early 80's game...mate lost a shoe in the chaos when Brum came in the CE.

That must have been the 2-1 win in 84/85 (Aizelwood, Lee). It was on Match of The Day and David Seaman was in goal for Birmingham. Crowd was about 4,800.
  • v hit and miss side. 

there travelling support can be like everyone's a good few knobheads. 

with the anti gone a lot have started drinking in London bridge and blackheath. 
  • Simonsen said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

That must have been the 2-1 win in 84/85 (Aizelwood, Lee). It was on Match of The Day and David Seaman was in goal for Birmingham. Crowd was about 4,800.

Was the crowd that small....seem to remember the covered end was pretty packed.....it was a while ago though.
  • Previous attendances and Brum followings:

Apr 16 - 15,742 (3073)
    Oct 14 - 16,369 (1,500)
    Feb 14 - 15,878 (2001)
    Feb 13 - 17,269 (?)
    Bit surprised by this, although not impressive considering their home gates used to be 20,000 plus. Pretty sure going back the figures would be worse. I remember about 350 of them on a night game and generally never been impressed by their following. Millwall mates have said exactly the same. They like to bully you at St Andrew's but don't travel well.