Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celebrate the 60s and 70s with 'An Evening Through the Decades'

2»

Comments

• Brilliant evening. Loved every minute, stories great fun and nice to have time to get autographs. Thanks to those who worked hard on this.
  • Really enjoyed the evening. Would recommend the next one to others. Good set up and thoroughly enjoyable - lifted my 'Autumn' mood :). On the same table as @HantsAddick and @Glasshalfful who both won raffle prizes!

• Great picture. Sorry to say I can only recognise for certain Colin Powell, Brian Kinsey, Keith Peacock and Phil Warman.

Can you put names to faces, please. 

Claude Greengrass top left
    Watch it, he has a gun apparently! 
  • Would have liked to meet the great Len but never mind.
  • edited October 2019
    T_C_E said:
    Brilliant night.
    I had a decent chat with Killer afterwards, but I wouldn't repeat what he said on here.
    After the CL game, unbeknown to me my Missus took my Match worn but newly purchased from the club White Joma boots to him to be signed. He asked her what sort of prat wears white boots. 😂
    Alan Hinton? Mind you he weren't a bad player for Derby 😉
  • T_C_E said:
    Brilliant night.
    I had a decent chat with Killer afterwards, but I wouldn't repeat what he said on here.
    After the CL game, unbeknown to me my Missus took my Match worn but newly purchased from the club White Joma boots to him to be signed. He asked her what sort of prat wears white boots. 😂
    Killer also confirmed that he took his shotgun to The Valley to shoot the pigeons that nestled in The Jimmy Seed Stand.
    He said he shot at them on the grass area between the Stand and the Car Park.
  • Len Glover was aware Chelsea & Spurs were looking to sign him & he was keen on either move.

He got told terms were agreed with a club, to then discover it was Leicester who I think he said were  bottom of L1.

He went to Leicester, but wasn't happy. 
  • Len Glover was aware Chelsea & Spurs were looking to sign him & he was keen on either move.

He got told terms were agreed with a club, to then discover it was Leicester who I think he said were  bottom of L1.

He went to Leicester, but wasn't happy. 
    Nor were we...
  • It was a great evening , Ritchie Bowman was the only one who looked exactly the same as I remember him , completely unravaged by the effects of time. Many great stories , Halesy was on form a sort of cross between Uncle Albert and Del Boy . Len Glover talking about playing against Stanley Matthews and I even managed a chat with King Arthur , recounting my story about how I met him once before in the changing rooms after a Friday night game against Southampton , which he attended as a spectator. Told me he still lives in the same house in Gravesend , in brought in 1972 and wished he'd got his wife to drive up , so he could have a proper drink like Halesy was.
    Killer is certainly looking like Uncle Albert these days!
    Proper Charlton, posing for the new Covered End Killer flag... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted, I really wanted to go to this. Unfortunately with the logistics of getting home I couldn't make it.
    Would never of recognised Killer. Work with Paddy Powell, but try not to talk Charlton with him. The only game I remember from the 70s was the game against West Ham when gritty scored the winner, the only reason I remember it was for the amount of fans, & was loads more than normal (it normally felt like me & my brother had the east terrace to ourselves). Remember watching Martin Robinson. Also remember my dad & brother talking about when Peter Shaw got loads of stick, (wonder if my brother understood the song they sung about him).
  • Bloody hell. Now on closer look, I recognise Mike Bailey.  Was in loft this morning & found my brothers Charlton scrapbook from 77. If I get a chance, will post some pics from it. It was very well put together, until I got hold of it.....  remember he gave me a clump for "adding bits" 
  • The Peter Varney one at the end was an interesting one.
  • Brilliant stuff I_Riser.
  • Love that scrapbook @I_RiserAddick

Should be in a museum : - )
  • Mate, in all honesty, when my mrs pulled it out a box earlier to show my boy I thought I should maybe donate it . Will ask my brother if he's ok with donating it. If so will drop off at club for you.
  • That would be great
  • My daughter has a scrap book here, would be a little later than @l_RiserAddick I’ll dig it out and if it’s of any interest. 
  • Definitely.

Shame it's not yours as pre-world war one stuff is invaluable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow great memories of those guys. So really gutted to have missed the night.

Mike Bailey my all time fav player.  Lenny Glover possibly the fastest winger we ever had.

Brian Kinsey played left wing then left back, tough as nails.