Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019 Puskas Award - Goal of the Season

The ten nominees for the FIFA Puskas Award have been revealed! All the goals up for consideration were scored between 16 July 2018 to 19 July 2019 inclusive

All the goals available to watch on the link below

https://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/puskas-award/

For me the Quagliarella goal is special as I remember watching the game and thinking I'd just seen goal of the season.

Can't deny the Townsend goal was a bloody good hit

Don't think I'd seen the Zsori one before but my god, what a strike.

I hope the vote isn't hijacked by Messi or Zlatan fans, their goals were good but not winners imo

Comments

• Options
    It's between Townsend and Quagliarella for me i think
  • Options
    The one that should win it didnt even get nominated, Derby County backheel flick was unreal.
  • Options
    Messi’s goal was only nominated because it’s Messi. I’ve seen plenty of goals better than that. The Cameroonian women’s goal wasn’t worthy of a nomination either imo
  • Options
    Messi’s goal was only nominated because it’s Messi. I’ve seen plenty of goals better than that. The Cameroonian women’s goal wasn’t worthy of a nomination either imo
    Agree with you on both. Messi's goal was nothing special, and Nchout's goal wouldn't have happened against a good defender.

Cunha, Quagrialla and Rodriguez's goals are my favourites.
  • Options
    Cunha or Townsend for me.

The one on the 5G is a bit of a joke nomination isn't it? Totally accidental punt.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Current Odds....

Townsend - 3/1
    Ibrahimovic - 7/2
    Zsori - 4/1
    Messi - 4/1
    Quagliarella - 6/1
    Cunha - 12/1
    Quintero - 14/1
    Rodriguez - 16/1
    Simpson - 16/1
    Nchout - 25/1
  • Options
    the Cafcmedia page that I follow on instagram just put the townsend one up and she got slated for it lol sad really, its just a goal and nothing to do with palace.

But I must say, Townsend at 3/1 for a goal that wasnt even top bins?! I'm sure theres a better goal than that somewhere...
  • Options
    If the panel judging the top 3 doesn’t include Paul Mortimer then I can’t take the winner seriously 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    That Townsend hit is one of the cleanest I’ve ever seen. I’d have it second

Quagliarella’s is by far the hardest to execute there, it’s the reason you see very few examples of that exact finish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think I like the Messi one best - it’s just so nonchalant 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    That Townsend hit is one of the cleanest I’ve ever seen. I’d have it second

I've hit a volley very similar to that with my left peg.

Mind you, it was at the Co-Operative ground in Eltham and not the Etihad in front of 50,000 people.

EDIT: Actually, it moved more like Roberto Carlos's free kick so was even better.

• Options
    My three would be Ibrahimovic, Quagliarella and Zsori..
  • Options
    However much it pains me, I'd go for Townsend. That the goal was against Manchester City just adds to its quality
  • Options
    Even he looked like he didn't believe that actually happened!!