Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is your idea of hell?

Comments

• Options
    Pringle said:
    Bus stations, full of lost luggage and lost souls. 
    And bus wankers
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Beetroot.
    Salad cream.

Apart from that things might be bad but I could cope. Beetroot and salad cream however start my retch reflex straight away.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Beetroot.
    Salad cream.

Apart from that things might be bad but I could cope. Beetroot and salad cream however start my retch reflex straight away.
    I could murder a sandwich of that now. 
  • Options
    Pringle said:
    iainment said:
    Beetroot.
    Salad cream.

I will have to murder you then.

Is that a worthwhile sandwich?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Pringle said:
    iainment said:
    Beetroot.
    Salad cream.

I will have to murder you then.

Is that a worthwhile sandwich?
    That's a deep question.  I mean, is anything worthwhile? 
  • Options
    Any sense of achievement is worthwhile.
  • Options
    Spending time by myself witnessing me spending time with myself
  • Options
    Eastenders by a country mile,nothing comes close to this pile of abject miserable dogshit.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Clearly a thread to not be taken seriously?

Films, any with Steven Seagal, Vin Diesel or Dwayne Johnson or any other thick necked blockhead.

TV, all reality and soaps along with Bonnet Dramas

Music, Boy George/Culture Club

Food, All meat and fish.

Drink, most herbal infusions

Sport, Horse Racing, Snooker and Darts

Place, Malta

• Options
    The slack meeting I'm in right now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK, thought carefully about this.

Films - Anything with Steven Seagal or Vin Diesel. Seagal can't act, and Diesel takes himself far too seriously. Also some more recent British comedy films (The Potato Men, Grimsby) are absolute dross.

TV - Soaps generally, but Eastenders particularly. The people of the East end of London are famous for smiling through adversity, (the Blitz being a case in point) but everyone in that programme is so bloody miserable. Any of the recent realty TV/competitive programmes. Cheap, nasty TV, which beggars the question why we are paying a licence fee.

Music - Rap. Find a decent tune, written by someone with some talent, and talk, blaspheme, and hurl abuse over the top of it. Any ability to sing is probably considered a liability.

Food - I fully expect to be in a minority of one here. Curry. I love spicy food, but cannot stand even the smell of curry. It makes me gag. And, unlike practically the entire population of the planet, the more I've drunk, the more the smell makes me want to throw up.

Drink - Like someone said above, anything flavoured with aniseed.

Sport - Horse racing. A small (usually Irish) man, sits upon a magnificent animal, thrashes it with a whip to make it run faster, and when THE HORSE comes in first, the pundits all say "What a magnificent ride by (insert jockey's name here) to get his horse up for the win!"...

Place - Middlesborough. I once went to Ellesmere Port. I thought it was an absolute dump. I took to calling it "the armpit of England!". But there are 2 armpits on the human body. I always wondered where the other was. Then came Operation Riverside...
  • Options
    Films
    Anything Country & Western or made before 1980.

Tv
    Question Time or anything political

Music
    Abba or Queen

Food 
    Parsnips

Drink
    Whisky or anything that tastes like petrol but people think it tastes different.

Sport
    Rugby or motor sport

Place
    Lewisham
  • Options
    Films -  Romcoms

TV - The BBC

Music - The Beatles

Food - Meat substitutes

Drink - Energy drinks

Sport - Women's football

Place - Anywhere religious
  • Options
    Person:  Mother in Law

Religion: All

Music :  Dance, hip hop, techno,funk

TV:  Reality tv

Hell:  sitting with my mother in law listening to her try to convert my daughters to catholicism while she watches Big Brother
  • Options
    Barbra Streisand
  • Options

Films - Anything with Steven Seagal or Vin Diesel. Seagal can't act, and Diesel takes himself far too seriously. Also some more recent British comedy films (The Potato Men, Grimsby) are absolute dross.

TV - Soaps generally, but Eastenders particularly. The people of the East end of London are famous for smiling through adversity, (the Blitz being a case in point) but everyone in that programme is so bloody miserable. Any of the recent realty TV/competitive programmes. Cheap, nasty TV, which beggars the question why we are paying a licence fee.

Music - Rap. Find a decent tune, written by someone with some talent, and talk, blaspheme, and hurl abuse over the top of it. Any ability to sing is probably considered a liability.

Food - I fully expect to be in a minority of one here. Curry. I love spicy food, but cannot stand even the smell of curry. It makes me gag. And, unlike practically the entire population of the planet, the more I've drunk, the more the smell makes me want to throw up.

Sport - Horse racing. A small (usually Irish) man, sits upon a magnificent animal, thrashes it with a whip to make it run faster, and when THE HORSE comes in first, the pundits all say "What a magnificent ride by (insert jockey's name here) to get his horse up for the win!"...

Place - Middlesborough. I once went to Ellesmere Port. I thought it was an absolute dump. I took to calling it "the armpit of England!". But there are 2 armpits on the human body. I always wondered where the other was. Then came Operation Riverside...
    I know this kind of statement is designed to get a rise and I really shouldn't bite, but I can't let it go. This sort of lazy uninformed nonsense is baffling and sad in 2019. I honestly can't think of any reputable rappers who 'talk over a decent tune written by someone with talent'. If you want to keep believing that that's what represents rap then definitely don't listen to any Lupe Fiasco, especially not Jonylah Forever or The Instrumental. Steer clear of (literally off the top of my head) Macklemore, Plan B, Mac Miller, Blu, Common, Nas as it would be hard to fit them into your neat little stereotype. Also stay away from The Roots or Common Market as they generally don't sample and believe it or not actually have singers in their groups. If you want to feel good about yourself and prove that you're right be sure to check out Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Yatchy amongst others. Of course you can like whatever music you want and there are plenty of types of music I don't enjoy (or more accurately have never taken the time to try to get into), but at least know what you're talking about before you dismiss a whole genre with ridiculous sweeping statements based on (probably) received wisdom. I don't really enjoy heavy metal music for example, but I wouldn't attempt to sum up the music in one sentence as I know nothing about it and it clearly means a lot to some people. Again, I shouldn't have bitten but to choose rap of all the music to be offended by, in today's world of the X Factor, The Voice and the YouTube generation? Come on.
  • Options
    Films -  Horror movies or science fiction. Anything with Adam Sandler.

TV - Any reality show dirge. Anything with Piers Morgan.

Music - Heavy Metal. Anything with Adele.

Food - Blueberries.

Drink - Anything with aniseed such as Pernod.

Sport - Basketball. Glorified Netball.

Place - Bexleyheath. Would rather live in Beiruit.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The Sound of Music............... put that on the tele and you’ll get me to do anything to make it stop.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I know this kind of statement is designed to get a rise and I really shouldn't bite, but I can't let it go. This sort of lazy uninformed nonsense is baffling and sad in 2019. I honestly can't think of any reputable rappers who 'talk over a decent tune written by someone with talent'. If you want to keep believing that that's what represents rap then definitely don't listen to any Lupe Fiasco, especially not Jonylah Forever or The Instrumental. Steer clear of (literally off the top of my head) Macklemore, Plan B, Mac Miller, Blu, Common, Nas as it would be hard to fit them into your neat little stereotype. Also stay away from The Roots or Common Market as they generally don't sample and believe it or not actually have singers in their groups. If you want to feel good about yourself and prove that you're right be sure to check out Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Yatchy amongst others. Of course you can like whatever music you want and there are plenty of types of music I don't enjoy (or more accurately have never taken the time to try to get into), but at least know what you're talking about before you dismiss a whole genre with ridiculous sweeping statements based on (probably) received wisdom. I don't really enjoy heavy metal music for example, but I wouldn't attempt to sum up the music in one sentence as I know nothing about it and it clearly means a lot to some people. Again, I shouldn't have bitten but to choose rap of all the music to be offended by, in today's world of the X Factor, The Voice and the YouTube generation? Come on.
    Splendid! I must be doing something right! I've never heard of any of them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:
    I was on the beach yesterday and got talking to a couple from Croydon. He was Palace and he didn’t stop going on about them. I’ve completely avoided him today and sitting at the other end of the beach. Stuck with a Chelsea fan today reminiscing about his hooligan past ... running out of places to sit at this rate. I certainly know how to pick ‘em 
    That bloody Palace fan has only come and found me and pitched up on the spot next to me. Asked me where I was yesterday. Said I was with ‘Fat Tel’ from Morden further down the beach. Asked me where I was last night. Said I was with the West Country crowd. He said ‘if I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were trying to avoid me’ .... er, yes mate 
    My idea of hell;

Holiday friends.

Palace Mug
    Fat Tel
    West Country lot

Why? Someone speaks to me on holiday, they get grunted responses until they leave.

There to forget about pricks at work, not there to suffer more*

*unless shes fit, desperate and holidaying alone
  • Options
    The House of Commoners
  • Options
    Films
    Star Wars, utter utter guff. And totally ripped of from the Japanese 

Tv
    Any cookery show, it’s food not art, pretentious BS.

Music
    Any DJ gig, it’s a person playing records/songs made by someone else, talentless charlatans, do sod off

Food 
    Beetroot, the devils gonads.

Drink
    Whisky, gross stuff!

Sport
    Darts/snooker.... anything that originated in a pub or involves drinking is a game, these are games not sport.

Place
    London, there’s just too many people there, it’s ridiculous and it looks like I may have to work there again.....!
  • Options
    Films
    Harry Potter
    Lord of the Rings

Tv
    Any soaps

Music
    that stupid drill music all the kids are listening to

Food 
    fish
    mushrooms

Drink
    hipster green teas and energy drinks

Sport
    any american sport

Place
    East London - makes me feel ill whenever I venture to the likes of East Ham,Plaistow etc
    Apart from lord of the rings and mushrooms agree with all that. 

Especially the last one.  
  • Options
    Sport, when West Ham and palace both reached the play off final. Hate them both on equal measures. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Films
    Marvel etc.

Tv
    Infomercials

Music
    K-Pop and J-Pop

Food 

Offal

Drink
    Tomato juice

Sport
    Dancesport

Place
    Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Getting serious for once.
    I was still buzzing from having a great day Wednesday and seeing the sublime performance from Charlton in 1st half despite the 1-1.
    While driving home and happy that the traffic was flowing nicely, we were on the edge of Chislehurst high street at about 10.20 and it was a scene from Hell. At least 5 cars were smashed, and police cars and emergency vehicles were there or arriving.
    It was carnage and looked like a bomb site.

It was surreal but straight away you guessed that two cars were racing which I have found out from the news and footage appears to be the case. The 25 year old driver of one of the sporty cars is fighting for his life but sheer madness to be racing down the high street. A bus coming from the other way appears to have caused one of the drivers to swerve and crash into the lampost and parked cars outside the Côte brasserie. The other car ripped up flower beds and crashed into bollards.

As this has now made the national papers and on line outlets, you may know that six cars were damaged including the Jaguar F-Type and Audi A5 who appear to be the racing cars( police are still investigating the footage) to establish the facts. 
    Four other vehicles, a Nissan Qashqai, a Volkswagen, a Volvo XC90 and a Porsche Cayenne, were also wrecked when either the Jaguar or Audi cars smashed into them.
    Reports suggest that the Porsche was parked and was owned by a local doctor who had bought the car two days ago.

The only good news is no innocent bystanders were injured. I hope the driver  recovers and spends the next 10 years traveling by bus or train.
  • Options
    I was still buzzing from having a great day Wednesday and seeing the sublime performance from Charlton in 1st half despite the 1-1.
    While driving home and happy that the traffic was flowing nicely, we were on the edge of Chislehurst high street at about 10.20 and it was a scene from Hell. At least 5 cars were smashed, and police cars and emergency vehicles were there or arriving.

It was surreal but straight away you guessed that two cars were racing which I have found out from the news and footage appears to be the case. The 25 year old driver of one of the sporty cars is fighting for his life but sheer madness to be racing down the high street. A bus coming from the other way appears to have caused one of the drivers to swerve and crash into the lampost and parked cars outside the Côte brasserie. The other car ripped up flower beds and crashed into bollards.

As this has now made the national papers and on line outlets, you may know that six cars were damaged including the Jaguar F-Type and Audi A5 who appear to be the racing cars( police are still investigating the footage) to establish the facts. 
    Four other vehicles, a Nissan Qashqai, a Volkswagen, a Volvo XC90 and a Porsche Cayenne, were also wrecked when either the Jaguar or Audi cars smashed into them.
    Reports suggest that the Porsche was parked and was owned by a local doctor who had bought the car two days ago.

The only good news is no innocent bystanders were injured. I hope the driver  recovers and spends the next 10 years traveling by bus or train.
    Disagree with the last paragraph. Sounds like the fact that no innocent bystanders were hurt, was dumb luck, not design. I hope the driver recovers and spends the next 10 years in Belmarsh. What are the odds he didn't have insurance as well?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Films
    Any Feminazi induced re-make

TV
    Any 'reality tv' based around celebrity lives.
    Any british soap.

Music
    Screamo 

Food 
    Raw onion,

Drink
    Most beers, lagers and ales... Pretty much Vodka and a mixer will do. Or decent wine.

Sport
    Cricket (other than the big games), Animal based sports, Tennis.

Place
    Cities and their outer lying regions... Croydon a fine example. I'll stay in Horsham where life is dull but peaceful and I can visit the manic areas if I want. 
  • Options

Disagree with the last paragraph. Sounds like the fact that no innocent bystanders were hurt, was dumb luck, not design. I hope the driver recovers and spends the next 10 years in Belmarsh. What are the odds he didn't have insurance as well?
    I agree with you if the footage I have seen initially is confirmed to be 100% just several seconds from the mayhem then the person must serve time whether in wheel chair or not. The other driver should as well if proven to be as liable. 

Not sure at moment if it will come to this as the guy is still on the critical list.