Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incident in Welling 19 August

just drove home through welling and opposite the Nags Head were a large number of emergency vehicles (mostly ambulance and Fire by also some police. 
Anyone know what’s going down?

Comments

• Young lad apparently being chased by a gang of others somehow impaled himself on some railings trying to get away.
  • shocking, no wonder my missus wants to move - hope the lad is ok
  • Must have been a quiet night elsewhere as I counted at least 6 ambulances 3 fire trucks and 3 police cars
  • Every area with multiple schools seems to have the current wave of idiots.
  • Awful news. Moving away from Welling was the best thing I ever did
  • Sounds to me that if this man hadn’t impaled himself we wouldn’t have heard anything about this “public order offence” Hope it hurts though.
  • I had been to the cricket in Canterbury about 25 years ago, and was waiting on the platform at Canterbury East for the train to arrive.  There is a pathway behind a metal spiked fence that leads alongside the platform, but to access the platform, you have to go all the way along the path to the road, through the tunnel, up into the booking hall, and then back under the railway lines. A guy in his twenties obviously wanted to catch the London train that was now coming into the platform, so he decided to climb over the railings by a handy lamp-post. Sadly for him, there was no grip on the lamp-post as he lost his footing on the fence and he started to slide down it toward the spiked railings. You saw the spike slowly tear into his jeans, into his buttock, and he was royally stuck, clinging to the lamp-post and impaled on the spike.  Ignoring the idiot, I got onto the train, but some passengers did inform the guard who called the ticket office so he could get help. I can only imagine the ambulance staff chuckling as they tried to free him from his misery!
  • Pedro45 said:
    I had been to the cricket in Canterbury about 25 years ago, and was waiting on the platform at Canterbury East for the train to arrive.  There is a pathway behind a metal spiked fence that leads alongside the platform, but to access the platform, you have to go all the way along the path to the road, through the tunnel, up into the booking hall, and then back under the railway lines. A guy in his twenties obviously wanted to catch the London train that was now coming into the platform, so he decided to climb over the railings by a handy lamp-post. Sadly for him, there was no grip on the lamp-post as he lost his footing on the fence and he started to slide down it toward the spiked railings. You saw the spike slowly tear into his jeans, into his buttock, and he was royally stuck, clinging to the lamp-post and impaled on the spike.  Ignoring the idiot, I got onto the train, but some passengers did inform the guard who called the ticket office so he could get help. I can only imagine the ambulance staff chuckling as they made their way along the path to the road, through the tunnel, up into the booking hall, and then back under the railway lines, to free him from his misery.

Fixed it for you!
  • There’s a funny video doing the rounds of the moment he gets stuck. Well worth a watch if you can find it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019