Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snow Patrol tonight

playing a pre night down at the O2 tonight

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pre_sale/qtdo9w.html

Enter the ammount of tickets in the promotion box and the code GREOFF .

Prices are £15 each plus booking fee/delivery etc.

You can have tickets delivered by email through a pdf attachment...

Or i believe you can get them from one of the counters at the 02 (where my mate got ours)

Comments

• My house mate got them last week, but I'm having a quite night in.
  • I dont blame ya!
  • thanks AFKA. have passed this info on. cheers.
  • supporting is The Disciplines.

Anyone heard of them ? Worth seeing ?
  • would quite fancy this.
    not amazingly blown away by snow patrol, their first album was more rocky and fab, and they've calmed down a bit, but i said that about editors, and thought they were a bit naff, but they really impressed me at glastonbury which i was surprised about. some bands just have to be seen live.
    for £15 this probably isn't a gig to be sniffed at.
    unless your body clock is topsyturvey and you've hardly slept for 5 days! have a good one!
    never heard of the support either, look them up on myspace - might have a sample of what they sound like?
  • Thanks very much AFKA. Mrs Paddy is in for a surprise! (ooh-er missus)
  • saw they have a myspace, but can't access from work
  • edited June 2007
    I quite like Snow Patrol.... Suzi - can you recommend any of their earlier tracks
  • erm...dont know names, mate did a copy of the album for me years ago, and i just remember liking it a lot more than their commercial recent stuff.

i think chasing cars is a great song. if you didn't hear it 24 times a day.
  • Jack penate at Scala tonight will be much better!
  • Sponsored links:

• TT
    edited June 2007
    I think thats nail on the head Suzi, Not my cup of tea probably caused by them being on every TV channel, film, radio, channel 24 hours a day, there is some stat about chasing cars being played continuosly on US radio at some point in the country for 3months... Although the track they did with Martha Wainwright, was quite possibly in my best songs of 2006

Funnily enough it's exactly the same way i feel about Keane and Coldplay aswell
  • so its the same old problem that once they become successful they become unlikeable by the real musos. They longer have no credibility once they hit the mainstream?
  • nothing wrong with hitting the mainstream, but the radio stations are at fault for over playing, every song if you hear it once an hour gets awful

I've given up with xfm, radio 1 and virgin, as they play the same 10 artists all day long.

there is so much music out there that isn't getting exposure
  • Personally i don't like the bland sounding radio friendly stuff that the likes of Coldplay, Snowpatrol, Keane churn out thats picked up by 30 somethings in sainsburys, but i could tollerate it... however Snowpatrol chasing cars is now on my switch off list alongside anything by Mika or Orsen

I don't think it's a credability vs mainstream thing at all... but i think that bands tweak their sounds to appeal to the mass market and ergo more sales and if anything the sanatised sound is what turns me off. Kaiser Cheifs are a great example, first album was brilliant, it was huge, second one sounds like the bloody Housemartins as they're trying to appeal to too many people and they lost that something they had in the first place.

Killers great debut, great second, biggest band in the world and still have credability.
  • How was it then AFKA?
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]however Snowpatrol chasing cars is now on my switch off list alongside anything by Mika or Orsen

I know that music is a case of different strokes but there are some "artists" that deserve a good shoeing.
  • Is the 02 an all seated arena? My mate has just booked for Prince and could only get a seat.

Major own goal if so.
  • edited June 2007
    i almost got caught out and almost saw mika at glastonbury. close shave

another o2 gig tonight with magic numbers. have also been offered tickets for england v windies so tonight's drink up better be good :-)
  • No theres standing as well.
  • As Curb-It says, there is a big standing area too.
    My wife went last night, says Snow Patrol were really good and the sound quality was excellent.
    On the downside they were miles from the stage and had to rely on the big screen really - also the burgers are rubbish, and they charged £2.50 for a glass of blackcurrant cordial with tap water, for my daughter
  • Sponsored links:

• is there another free gig on friday? i wanna get some of this 02 action!
  • Amir Khan is doing a workout for his fight in a couple of weeks in the London Piazzia on Friday, the same day the cinema opens, as do a couple more of the resturants.

Also the Spice Girls are launching their reunion tour at the O2 today
  • went to the cinema last Sunday, not the greatest picture quality and the film had to be stopped halfway through for five minutes because of a hair in the projector
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]As Curb-It says, there is a big standing area too.
    My wife went last night, says Snow Patrol were really good and the sound quality was excellent.
    On the downside they were miles from the stage and had to rely on the big screen really - also the burgers are rubbish, and they charged £2.50 for a glass of blackcurrant cordial with tap water, for my daughter

SS summed it up well. Good set, sound quality excellent, just we were in the upper tier and it was too far away. You felt detached, and almost like watching a concert on tv.

As for the place, very impressed. The bars and restaurants simply couldn't cope though. By 6.30 there was a queue between 50-100 people to get into every single one, even Starbucks. If you want a drink, go to the Pilot beforehand. As we couldn't get in anywhere, we went straight in: pint of becks, bottle of stella = £3.50. Cheeseburger = £6, 6-inch pizza (burnt and stuck to box = £6, Noodles = £6-7. Make sure you eat beforehand.
  • Still 8 or 9 restruants to open, hopefully they'll take the sting off the ones in there already.

Heard that complaints about the food a couple of times already