Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Two men stabbed outside Ikea. Seems like they were fighting  each  other.
  • Think it was the Sainsbury's petrol station where it happened - taped off by police and still closed.
  • I would do a deal with a country like Thailand, who are good at creating nasty prisons, and get them to build one and manage it for us. It would then only be used for people who stab people. Every person who stabs somebody goes there when sentenced and the duration they should spend in prison is determined. 
    Why only stabbings?
  • Well, you can build prisons for other things too, but having a dedicated shit hole sends out a message.
  • Any arrests?
  • I would do a deal with a country like Thailand, who are good at creating nasty prisons, and get them to build one and manage it for us. It would then only be used for people who stab people. Every person who stabs somebody goes there when sentenced and the duration they should spend in prison is determined. 
    Or adopt the Egypt model and stone em to death
  • Any arrests?
    A crime scene remains in place. Two men have been arrested on suspicion of affray and police said that enquiries are ongoing.
    https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/17844623.man-fighting-life-double-stabbing-near-greenwich-ikea/
  • Sponsored links:

Or adopt the Egypt model and stone em to death
    Or the Saudi model, chop their hand off, wouldnt be able to do it again.
  • Oh christ here we go.
  • Oh christ here we go.
    Are you suggesting crucifixion?
    Problem being is the police don’t seem successful in finding and arresting the stabbers. 
  • It’s because there’s not enough youth clubs ;)
  • edited August 2019
    vff said:
    I would do a deal with a country like Thailand, who are good at creating nasty prisons, and get them to build one and manage it for us. It would then only be used for people who stab people. Every person who stabs somebody goes there when sentenced and the duration they should spend in prison is determined. 
    Concentration on punishment alone is tempting but unfortunately does not resolve the problem.

The Glasgow  approach to epidemic of stabbings / violence was to treat it like a disease outbreak. There was not just tough enforcement & sentencing but also positive action on housing, employment, education & training. It needed co ordination between all the different agencies.  It worked. 
    They had dentists noting any injuries caused by violence, vets noting any injuries to animals that were caused by humans etc 

it really was an exceptional effort 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!