Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options
    The football team at BETHS for Year 13 must be somewhat special - of the ones I know of, they have Richard Chin and Euan Williams as well as Lewis Bate who has already appeared on the bench for the Chelsea first team. And they are all midfielders.
  • Options
    Move over @Tracey you've had your 15 mins of fame 😂

The next Leaburn is here
    I was chatting to Tracey a couple of weeks ago. She said Miles is already taller than Carl.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/604f962a70236/u18s-report-swansea-city-1-charlton-8

The young Addicks return to action on Wednesday evening in the third round of the FA Youth Cup against Sheffield United at Dartford’s Princes Park, with the game set to be streamed live for free for supporters to follow all the action.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Won 8-1 at Swansea City this morning.

Team: J.Beadle; Asimwe, Garande, Henry (Anderson 67), Bakrin, Barker (Elerewe 61), Santos, Chin, Burstow (Leaburn 75), Williams, Campbell

Subs (unused): Hobden, Reilly

Scorers: Williams (10), Burstow (21, 63), Henry (44 pen), Chin (56), Leaburn (82, 86), Campbell (90)

A good warm up for this weeks FA Youth Cup game.
    Wow. Sandgaard will be pleased. Not sure how I missed this?

I'm certainly very pleased to see it.

Interesting Barker, Henry and Santos were back with the 18's, they've all been with the 23's of late haven't they?
  • Options
    FA youth cup streamed live for free tomorrow.
    Absolutely excellent.
    I presume a 7pm kick off.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

The next Leaburn is here
    I was chatting to Tracey a couple of weeks ago. She said Miles is already taller than Carl.
    He is indeed a big lad.  Got high hopes for him as you don't spend the best part of a decade at Chelsea without having talent - just unfortunate with injuries I think.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    For a lad of his age his range of passing is outstanding. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    PopIcon said:

The next Leaburn is here
    He is indeed a big lad.  Got high hopes for him as you don't spend the best part of a decade at Chelsea without having talent - just unfortunate with injuries I think.
    I really hope it works out for the lad. His dad is a Charlton legend and his mum works tirelessly for the club.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NB who replied to Tracey's tweet!

What farther son combinations have we had play for Charlton before? Keith & Gavin Peacock only ones I can think of. 
  • Options

What farther son combinations have we had play for Charlton before? Keith & Gavin Peacock only ones I can think of. 
    Paddy and Chris?
  • Options
    We missed out on one father/son combo - Don and Andy Townsend. The latter played over 150 games for Welling and Weymouth before being picked up by Southampton. He went on to play 70 times for the Republic of Ireland.
  • Options
    On a serious note there is a some debate but Liam Millar and his Dad if he was actually here as the latter said
  • Options

Colin and Chris Powell?

Paddy and Chris?
    Great minds or fools!!!
  • Options
    Derek and Leigh Hales
  • Options
    The football team at BETHS for Year 13 must be somewhat special - of the ones I know of, they have Richard Chin and Euan Williams as well as Lewis Bate who has already appeared on the bench for the Chelsea first team. And they are all midfielders.
    Which is mad cos when i went there, we had our physics teacher as manager. I think my nan knew more about football than he did. 
  • Options
    Derek and Leigh Hales
    Did Leigh play a first team game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek and Leigh Hales
    Did Leigh play a first team game?
    No
  • Options
    Albert Uytenbogaardt and Paolo Di Canio?
  • Options
    Which is mad cos when i went there, we had our physics teacher as manager. I think my nan knew more about football than he did. 
    Indeed - some schools, whilst supporting the pupils in providing the facilities and arranging fixtures, reap the benefit of those kids being coached outside of that. My son's school U18 cricket team at Chis & Sid will have two current Kent U18 players plus another couple who have been in the county age group set up previously which, for a non fee paying school, is not that common.
  • Options

FAYC watch free 170321Charlton's U18s resume their FA Youth Cup campaign as they take on Sheffield United in the third round at Princes Park on Wednesday evening - and you can watch all the action for FREE!

Click here to visit Charlton's official YouTube channel

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6051da56e3d70/fa-youth-cup-watch-charlton-v-sheffield-united-for-free

• Options
    Looking forward to this and should be a good game.  Sheff Utd are near the top of their league and we are near the top of ours.  Not sure how it is split out because they recently beat Swansea 5-0 however Swansea are in our division (Group B) and Sheff are in Group A.  Nevertheless we beat Swansea 1-8 so you can get some idea of the standard of the opposition we will be up against.

Would be nice to see a bit of Leaburn Jr but I suspect it will be 2nd year scholars playing in this and he's only 1st year but will be good to see Henry amongst his peers to see if he stands out.  Also looking forward to seeing Richard Chin play - heard good things about him for a while now.

• Options
    Leaburn was a terrific player for us. Some of us got it and some didn't. I recall having one or two arguments in the ground with people that couldn't see what he clearly brought to the team and kept slagging him off. 
    They did indeed. I don’t think they got the type of player he was as they were looking for a traditional centre forward and he certainly wasn’t that.
    His hold up play was exceptional. Instead of going for a flick header, he had the strength to hold off a defender, take the ball on his chest and then bring other players in. Having the ball ‘stick’ up front was as important as it is now.  Cracking player and he scored occasionally as well.
    Colin Walsh once described him as the best left winger he had played with! 😀
  • Options
    I believe Chris Duffy's son was on the books at one time.