Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Decline in individual player shirt sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    Never understood it in the first place. "sponsor a shirt"...........wtf ??  Is the "shirt" going to do a 10k run for charity  ??  or clean a few cars for "bob a job" week  ??  No. Its simply a way for the club to make more money in return for people to get their name in the matchday programme & to meet the player in the lounge bar or at the POTY dinner.
  • Options
    Why not write the cheque direct to Roland and cut out the middle men? 
  • Options
    Never understood it in the first place. "sponsor a shirt"...........wtf ??  Is the "shirt" going to do a 10k run for charity  ??  or clean a few cars for "bob a job" week  ??  No. Its simply a way for the club to make more money in return for people to get their name in the matchday programme & to meet the player in the lounge bar or at the POTY dinner.
    In the old days, when people wanted to support the club to get back to the Valley, and the Fan Director, I could understand that people wanted to help the club in different ways financially, those days are long gone.

• Options
    I'm in for the women's team
  • Options
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Sponsorship the womens team makes far more sense... Roland or no roland. 
    Why? I have no interest in the women's team, and judging by the season ticket price (£45??) neither do many others.
    Maybe because theres fuck all money in it and they are still Charlton. Why does a player on 7k a week need sponsoring for £400 ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Why? I have no interest in the women's team, and judging by the season ticket price (£45??) neither do many others.
    Maybe because theres fuck all money in it and they are still Charlton. Why does a player on 7k a week need sponsoring for £400 ? 
    The money doesn't go to the player - it goes to the club ie Roland.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    And as if by magic what pops up on Twitter.  :D
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Looking to support Charlton Athletic Women this season? Why not sponsor a match from £250+VAT or become a matchball sponsor from as low as £80 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cafc?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cafc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cafcwomen?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cafcwomen</a><br><br>👉<a href="https://t.co/coa6GzRSNX">https://t.co/coa6GzRSNX</a&gt; <a href="https://t.co/KsUmXD1an5">pic.twitter.com/KsUmXD1an5</a></p>&mdash; Charlton Athletic Women (@CAFCWomen) <a href="">August 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Options
    Money direct to the twunt's toxic pantomime is directly prolonging Charlton's agony and must be dissuaded at every turn.
    As soon as he has all of his malignant tendrils dragged out of all corners of CAFC then go for your life, spunk as much moolah on as much sponsorship, merch, pitchside advertising, mascottery, catering and half-time Jackpot foolishness as you can afford.
    Until then NOTAPENNYMORE.
  • Options
    I used to always sponsor. Will resume when RD is gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Support the women’s team. 
    Support franchise football. 

Remember we bought Croydon so we could have a successful women’s team. 

MK Charlton. 
  • Options
    I think there are some really good points made above, after all KM said Roland didn't need our money when they disbanded the VIP scheme.. perhaps shirt sponsorship should be going to a players charity nowadays.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    razil said:
    I think there are some really good points made above, after all KM said Roland didn't need our money when they disbanded the VIP scheme.. perhaps shirt sponsorship should be going to a players charity nowadays.
    Possibly the most short-sighted thing Meire ever did in a sea of short-sighted decisions.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

The women's team are completely independent from the men's team.  The money does not go towards Roland at all - it goes towards keeping the team afloat
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

The women's team are completely independent from the men's team.  The money does not go towards Roland at all - it goes towards keeping the team afloat
    You accept your money for Lyle’s kit goes to Roland, though?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

That along with my family's season ticket money - yes.

My money my choice for my own reasons
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

I was talking about the men's team sponsorship, not the women's. You know full well that goes to Roland.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

I was talking about the men's team sponsorship, not the women's. You know full well that goes to Roland.
    I see.  You were referring to comments made about sponsorship of the Women's team - that's why I clarified as I didn't want people to ignore the women's team if there is a bi of interest
  • Options
    Does sponsorship of the shirt of a women's team player go to them personally? 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

As I understand it, you would like the present owner to leave?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really don't get why anyone would sponsor a players shirt (realise they don't directly get it and it goes straight to the club). It's such an outdated concept with the amount of money swishing about in football these days. Surely if you've got a few hundred quid knocking around that you don't know what to do with there are more worthy beneficiaries of it. I sort of get advertising boards and maybe even sponsoring a match but there is no business exposure from sponsoring a kit if that's the objective.
  • Options
    Tyrone Mears is already in demand before he has even signed.

Age UK and Saga Holidays are in a bidding war as we speak.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    I really don't get why anyone would sponsor a players shirt (realise they don't directly get it and it goes straight to the club). It's such an outdated concept with the amount of money swishing about in football these days. Surely if you've got a few hundred quid knocking around that you don't know what to do with there are more worthy beneficiaries of it. I sort of get advertising boards and maybe even sponsoring a match but there is no business exposure from sponsoring a kit if that's the objective.
    Yet dozens of lifers did just that and loved it.

People do it because they enjoy meeting the players and owning the shirt. Is it worth the cost? Well, that's a personal decision. 

It was also a way to support the club financially when it was needed and appreciated. Not now obviously, for me at least.
  • Options
    I've sponsored a number of the Women's players and staff over the last few years, well worth doing and they really appreciate it. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

Apparently not.
  • Options
    Does sponsorship of the shirt of a women's team player go to them personally? 
    All women's team player sponsorship goes to the women. We keep mentioning sponsorship and support as it's something we desperately need.

We are funded independently and we are competing against a lot of clubs with Premier League owners who say they are independent but a large cheque falls into their bank account each month. 

With us we have to raise every penny we spend. Next season the criteria to just be in the league with league requirements goes up by £17,000. This is money we simply do not have so all support is highly appreciated. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

Surely every charlton fan does...at the moment under Roland we’ve now got a rubbish manager, rubbish coaching and scouting system, rubbish players, we lose all the time, we haven’t won at the Valley in ages, the atmosphere home and away is rubbish, it’s been years since we had a glory day out at Wembley and the season ticket for the Covered End costs a fortune. It couldn’t be any worse. ...oh, hang on....
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

Surely every charlton fan does...at the moment under Roland we’ve now got a rubbish manager, rubbish coaching and scouting system, rubbish players, we lose all the time, we haven’t won at the Valley in ages, the atmosphere home and away is rubbish, it’s been years since we had a glory day out at Wembley and the season ticket for the Covered End costs a fortune. It couldn’t be any worse. ...oh, hang on....
    True apologist colours shown
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

If there's someone out there who wants to invest in the club then yes.  My sponsoring a couple of shirts is unlikely to make much difference there.

But you've only got to look at Bury and Bolton right now to see that the grass isn't always greener.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    shine166 said:
    Halix said:
    shine166 said:
    Incorrect.

You are a massive disappointment.