Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    United's first league double over City since Fergie retired.

Liverpool now need just 2 more wins for the title.
  • Options
    United's first league double over City since Fergie retired.

Liverpool now need just 2 more wins for the title.
    So they win it at Home to Palarse
  • Options
    This is why u stick with a manager.

All those United fans a couple of months ago screaming for Ole to be sacked have now crawled  back into the woodwork.

United back with touching distance of top 4, in Europa League and FA Cup still.

Playing decent football, Luke Shaw looking decent again and could possibly be ahead of Chilwell come the Euros if he carries this form on the rest of the season 
    Their problem this season hasn't been Hans against the big sides though, they are decent on the counter.

It's been punching down and dropping points to bottom half teams.  Bruno Fernandes seems to be helping with that too, type of player who can help break teams down.  Bet they wish they'd signed him in July or August.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Amazing what a good bit of January business can do for a club, eh? Fernandes looks like a huge missing piece in the way Man Utd play. Ighalo scoring important goals. 

Did they pay over the odds for Bruno? They didn't want to pay that much, but they did, now look at them.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Massive questions need to be asked about Spurs' scouting when this fitness and attitude wasnt identified before we spunked £65m on him.
    You could ask similar questions about many of Spurs other most expensive signings. Sanchez, Lamela, Soldado...
    Just to pick you up on that...
    Cant fault the attitude of any of the three you've listed about.  All 3 run/ran their absolute b*ll*cks off for Spurs, even Lamela with his persistent injury problems.

But granted of course you can legislate for Soldado's sh*tness in front of goal :)  We do have a somewhat horrendous record of ruining centre forwards.  Armstrong, Rebrov, Bent, hmmm Raziak, Janssen, can you include Gary Doherty in that?  
  • Options
    Bergwijn potentially out for the season now too.
    Spurs having no luck at all.
  • Options
    Watched the Leicester vs Villa game and Villa put in the worst performance I've seen from a Premier League side in a long time - might be a case of who's joining them and Norwich in going down.

That said, I don't watch a tonne of games for the 90 mins - but they really were dire. Don't know who plays RB for them but it was like when you get someone sent off in FIFA and can't be arsed to change the formation.
  • Options
    Watched the Leicester vs Villa game and Villa put in the worst performance I've seen from a Premier League side in a long time - might be a case of who's joining them and Norwich in going down.

That said, I don't watch a tonne of games for the 90 mins - but they really were dire. Don't know who plays RB for them but it was like when you get someone sent off in FIFA and can't be arsed to change the formation.
    Frederic Guilbert (i had to look it up). Fair to say Villa fans online are not too impressed by him.
  • Options
    Aston Villa are at least kind of similar to us, they have a squad of players that don't look like they belong in the division they're in except a decent few games here and feeling like you're the worst side in the division despite not being bottom(yet). its going to take a massive effort for Aston Villa to re-establish themselves as a solid mid table premier league side.
  • Options
    Bergwijn potentially out for the season now too.
    Spurs having no luck at all.
    Absolutely ridiculous luck right now.  I've never known a season like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Frederic Guilbert (i had to look it up). Fair to say Villa fans online are not too impressed by him.
    How bloody good were Leicester though? they just swarmed over Villa from the first minute. They are a real pleasure to watch.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Chunes said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Massive questions need to be asked about Spurs' scouting when this fitness and attitude wasnt identified before we spunked £65m on him.
    You could ask similar questions about many of Spurs other most expensive signings. Sanchez, Lamela, Soldado...
    Just to pick you up on that...
    Cant fault the attitude of any of the three you've listed about.  All 3 run/ran their absolute b*ll*cks off for Spurs, even Lamela with his persistent injury problems.

But granted of course you can legislate for Soldado's sh*tness in front of goal :)  We do have a somewhat horrendous record of ruining centre forwards.  Armstrong, Rebrov, Bent, hmmm Raziak, Janssen, can you include Gary Doherty in that?  
    Yeah I just meant more about the scouting in general. Those were big money signings that never played like big money signings. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So Arsenal v Man City has been postponed with Arsenal players in quarantine awaiting results of Coronavirus tests after coming in contact with the Olympiacos owner who tested positive 

What about the West Ham players that the Arsenal players came in contact with at the weekend, yes there was no handshake before the game, but there was after the game not to mention 90 minutes of spitting and grappling st corners.

If they wait to get the results back from the Arsenal players the risk the West Ham players infecting more people and if it goes past the weekend West Ham have a game against Wolves
  • Options
    So...playing devils advocate here...

'Several' of the Arsenal team are self-isolating.  BBC has confirmed it is 'fewer than five'.
    Game postponed with less than 24hrs notice.

Surely a PL precedent has already been set.
    I'll take you back to Lasagnagate.  Spurs were forced to play a game when over HALF of their SQUAD were suffering from food poisoning.  Yes, slightly different on the scale but you'll appreciate the angle I'm taking on this...

There is nothing to stop Arsenal playing that game tonight with the remaining uncompromised members of their squad.

With this in mind, I can see Daniel Levy accidentally getting the entire Tottenham squad to shake hands with Sonny when he returns from South Korea so they can all go into self-isolation until the end of the bloody season.

Coronavirus is a short-term thing.  Spursyvirus is a 50 year thing :)

• Options
    Arteta has Coronavirus

Arsenal v Wolves has to be called off now surely

Also also played Portsmouth last week so now their players will now need to be checked 
  • Options
    I assume their FA Cup game in a week's time will be called off too
  • Options
    I assume their FA Cup game in a week's time will be called off too
    Would guess so 
  • Options
    Premier League have called an emergency meeting for tomorrow and are expecting to Suspended guesssing lower leagues will follow
  • Options
    Once a whole PL club is potentially affected in this way, then football becomes untenable
  • Options
    Cancel this football season.

Especially relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arsenal game now off
  • Options
    Callum Hudson Odoi has now tested positive for Coronavirus 

Gotta be Premier League suspended now
  • Options
    Can't see football carrying on for now, rightly so too.
  • Options
    Aston Villa vs Sheffield United just kicking off
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    Spurs looking pretty good here so far.
  • Options
    Get rid of De Gea for Henderson please. 
  • Options
    Spurs looking pretty good here so far.
    very attacking line up .. unlike Mourinho .. bit of a new look defence as well, though all have played quite  few games
  • Options
    Cabin fever had a big effect on Roy Keane!

Feel sorry for his missus...if she's still alive!
  • Options
    Keane was great at half time. Mad as a box of frogs.