Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | Official Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Least we've options from the bench this season too

Was so frustrating against Sunderland because we started so well (against expectation) yet lost because we didnt have the adequate bench

Would be surprised to see a similar start from us today only for us to sustain the performance this time with Gallagher | Bonne | Solly | Oshilaja as options to come on to do whats needed
    Can't agree. Correct me if I am wrong, but this will be the first time Bow has a starting lineup that doesn't have two up front, including that Sunderland game. Don't tell me that's his tactical preference today.
  • Options
    God it looks worse written down on paper.  Not only have we lost BFG, Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Parker from the 11 that started at Wembley, we have only added Lockyer to it! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    God it looks worse written down on paper.  Not only have we lost BFG, Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Parker from the 11 that started at Wembley, we have only added Lockyer to it! 
    Or you could quote the 11 that started the first League game at Sunderland last year, for another comparison?

• Options
    “Baby Beckham” in the blue boots. 
  • Options

Devastated that Callum Harriot hasn't been signed in time to start today. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Or you could quote the 11 that started the first League game at Sunderland last year, for another comparison?

The team that played at Sunderland was better than this one, it had Grant and Aribo in it. 
  • Options
    Erm there are only six players in that shot.. Where is everyone!!!!!!
  • Options
    Erm there are only six players in that shot.. Where is everyone!!!!!!
    Waiting for the 5 new players to be signed next week.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Devastated that Callum Harriot hasn't been signed in time to start today. 

Slightly disappointed maybe.
    Devastated no.
  • Options
    Arrived....upper upper tier, missing away at Accrington already...
  • Options
    I believe he was being sarcastic, though having him on the bench as an option at this stage wouldn't be a bad thing
  • Options
    Section on Charlton on Soccer Saturday at 2.45
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Yup is the team we expected:

Phillips
    Dijksteel | Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr | Purrington
    Lapslie | Williams | Pratley | Forster-Caskey
    Taylor
    indeed .. bench full with very promising Addicks youngsters, including a certain Solly C
  • Options
    This is going to be tough. I think (hope) we might come away with a draw though.

Btw, Sky Sports News have a feature on us coming up at 2.45pm.
  • Options
    Half hour or so to get your Predictions League entries in guys 
  • Options
    Always love it when results are won on paper I always thought it was decided on the pitch

Calm down people, breathe :)
    Fans on discussion forum in not allowed to have opinion shock. 

My opinion is I do not like Naby on left side of a back 3, as he is too slow. In the play off final he was exposed (by Honeyman I think it was) who just kept sliding past his outside with the lack of a full back there to protect him.

But there again this game is only on paper at the moment.
  • Options
    Fear the worst. Blackburn are a bogey side except for the Darren Pitcher game.
    But....COYRs

• Options
    Oztumer, one of only three senior players starting for Bolton today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always love it when results are won on paper I always thought it was decided on the pitch

My opinion is I do not like Naby on left side of a back 3, as he is too slow. In the play off final he was exposed (by Honeyman I think it was) who just kept sliding past his outside with the lack of a full back there to protect him.

I'm not saying someone can have an opinion I'm saying that people should stop bloody panicking when there is no clear indication of how our season is going to pan out
  • Options
    Would like to have seen more defenders in our starting 11. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:

Magennis refused to travel to the game, has handed the club 14 days notice to cancel his contract .. could be an outside bet for a return if he becomes a free agent ?
  • Options

I'm not saying someone can have an opinion I'm saying that people should stop bloody panicking when there is no clear indication of how our season is going to pan out
    Whose panicking? All I have read is some posters, including myself, think our team is weak and there's a possibility we might lose the game. 

I think on paper or not, with the evidence presented, that's a fair statement to make. Of course as with all sports we could be totally wrong, and thats the beauty of it.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Season starts and I am back, unless anyone fancies doing the matchday thread this season, if not I will try to keep all our readers informed of the game with tweets from Charlton and the opposition, plus anything I hear from Sky. I know it will not be as exciting and happy as last year, but with LB, JJ and SG we trust, when they are allowed to do what they can
    Welcome back. I enjoy your updates and you generally holding the thread together. 
  • Options
    Hopefully we can scrape a point today, like last year it’s going to be a slow start. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:

Magennis refused to travel to the game, has handed the club 14 days notice to cancel his contract .. could be an outside bet for a return if he becomes a free agent ?
    Hopefully not.
  • Options
    Would like to have seen more defenders in our starting 11. 
    Yes disappointed we are only parking two buses.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Couldn't agree more.

That midfield we had last year of Bielik, Cullen, Aribo and Williams seems a lifetime ago.

Roland, for God's sake go and spend your last few years on this earth playing with something else other than this football club.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Fear the worst. Blackburn are a bogey side except for the Darren Pitcher game.
    But....COYRs

We used to beat them all the time in the early to mid eighties
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!