Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    4Real said:
    AndyG said:
    He is outstanding and would walk into 90% of premiership sides but I dont think he would get into Chelsea. If Palace have any true ambition they should break the bank to sign him permanently ( I hate actually saying those words ) I honestly feel for the lad as it must be tough being out on loan all the time wondering if he will ever play for his own club
    I love these throw away %s.

90% - Well that is 2 teams in the PL that he wouldn't get into.  If Chelsea are one, who is the other ?

City?
  • Options
    That article also mentions Marc Guehi. The Chelsea setup is producing an incredible number of players, and most of them are genuine Chelsea academy players too, not players poached from other clubs at 16
    They have tons playing in the PL.

Mount, James, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, Guehi, Livramento, Gilmour, Broja. Plus Abraham and Tomori in Italy.
  • Options
    4Real said:
    AndyG said:
    He is outstanding and would walk into 90% of premiership sides but I dont think he would get into Chelsea. If Palace have any true ambition they should break the bank to sign him permanently ( I hate actually saying those words ) I honestly feel for the lad as it must be tough being out on loan all the time wondering if he will ever play for his own club
    I love these throw away %s.

90% - Well that is 2 teams in the PL that he wouldn't get into.  If Chelsea are one, who is the other ?

City
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I would be shocked to see him play for England.
    I'd be shocked if he doesn't, even if it's just a single cap. Has a good all round game, goals in him and continues to get better.
    Head Tap GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Well done Conor,well deserved & to be honest a lot of us did see when he was with us for that unfortunately short time…. that it was gonna happen eventually…long may it continue
  • Options
    What a joy to watch for that half a season.
    Nice one Conor

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Conor Gallagher far more than I should for a player who only spent half a season with us. Just goes to show how much of an impact he had in that short space of time
    Don’t know why but I have virtually no affinity for ex players once the move on. Konsa, Lookman, Gallagher, Gomez etc. Hope they do well wearing an England shirt but that’s about it. 
    Exactly this 
  • Options
    I love Conor Gallagher far more than I should for a player who only spent half a season with us. Just goes to show how much of an impact he had in that short space of time
    Don’t know why but I have virtually no affinity for ex players once the move on. Konsa, Lookman, Gallagher, Gomez etc. Hope they do well wearing an England shirt but that’s about it. 
    These players who were here 5 mins agreed .

I just feel a bit bitter we’re so shit and they all fuck off to better places 
  • Options
    I'll never forget him, thanks for that half season Conner.
    Will follow your career with interest.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I certainly feel that way about CG. Nice bloke and did well for half a season but was then taken out of it and that plus Taylor did for us. 
    It wasn’t CG’s fault.
    But I think of him the same way I do someone like Pape Soure. Meh. 

• Options
    Good player with a great attitude.
    Let’s hope Chelsea get a 40 million offer for him in January - not from Palace ! 
  • Options
    These players who were here 5 mins agreed .

I just feel a bit bitter we’re so shit and they all fuck off to better places 
    Better place?
    His gone to Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always depends on how they leave for me.  Gomez was class to watch, got us a decent wedge of cash and always talks fondly of us.  Lookman much the same although not as good. 

I never got the same affinity to Konsa because just as he was turning decent he had gone. 

Gallagher is a Chelsea player/fan now at Palace whom played on loan a bit for us and left (whether his fault or not) half way through the season pushing us towards relegation; I couldn't care less how he gets on any more.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Can't understand why any fan would not wish CG all the best. Gave it his all, showed so much quality, got booted and bruised, should have been rested but never was. A real commited player. If you don't know why he was moved on by now, it leaves a lot to be desired.
    This is the crux of the matter for me. As a loan player gave 100%  for us every time he played. 

From the half a season he played for us he showed he was destined to play at a really high level. 
  • Options
    Wishing Conor all the best for the future. I know he was not with us long but always gave 100 per cent and, even then, showed his obvious class. Not surprised he has made it into the England team and hoping he gets many more caps.
  • Options
    tend to agree with this.......apart from Josh Cullen, would love him back
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Gallagher was always only going to be with us short term as a loanee and the ESI shenaningans made it even more short term than it was meant to be. Unlike certain loaneess we've had he gave 100% whilst with us more than some of our own players and, as a teenager, was very effective. I'm delighted to see him doing so well it just annoys me that it is presently for the stripy Croydon c****!
    You never know, but we could re-sign him in the future. 
    Like when we reach the Premiership in five years.
    Sure he would like to join us for our Champions League journey!

Right. Bullshite quota achieved for the day...