Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, anyone want a friendly bet?

Comments

• Options
    my understanding of a "friendly bet" was that no money was involved.Money immediately takes the "friendly" element out of it.
    Not that there would ever be anything "friendly" involving the spanners
  • Options
    timken said:
    my understanding of a "friendly bet" was that no money was involved.Money immediately takes the "friendly" element out of it.
    Also, referring to the people who have accepted the bet as "Billy big bollocks" gives the impression it's less than friendly 
  • Options
    Oi, @AddickUpNorth “Grouty” has two of his runners taking bets on here, time for a shakedown on your wing! 😉
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    I've never turned from Millwall and won't now.

Bet accepted.
    Nice one! All three? 
    Just the who finishes highest.

I'd want 10/1 for the other two bets :#
    Ok cool. Fair play mate. So

whoever wins can just post a link to their chosen charity, and when it’s paid the loser can post a e-receipt. 

• Options
    timken said:
    True, but in this instance I meant friendly as in not massive stakes, and money goes to charity, so no real bitterness or nastiness can come from it. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    I will take the bet. Let me know if that’s accepted.
    Got the bets on the individual games still available? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    timken said:
    Also, referring to the people who have accepted the bet as "Billy big bollocks" gives the impression it's less than friendly 
    Ok probably not the best terminology but I offered a fair bet with a sensible stake but they straight away upped the stake and doubled up on me to try and test my resolve, and that’s not what this is about. I’m fairly confident of winning but I’m not risking £600 on it! And they’d know that. 
  • Options

Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Bet accepted.
    Nice one! All three? 

whoever wins can just post a link to their chosen charity, and when it’s paid the loser can post a e-receipt. 

Just to save you some time

https://cact.org.uk/donate
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    timken said:
    Ok probably not the best terminology but I offered a fair bet with a sensible stake but they straight away upped the stake and doubled up on me to try and test my resolve, and that’s not what this is about. I’m fairly confident of winning but I’m not risking £600 on it! And they’d know that. 
    Apology accepted. Certainly wasn't trying to test your resolve or act as a 'Billy Big Bollocks'. Just purely looking to generate some interest for worthwhile causes - either your choice or mine depending on how it went.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    timken said:
    Apology accepted. Certainly wasn't trying to test your resolve or act as a 'Billy Big Bollocks'. Just purely looking to generate some interest for worthwhile causes - either your choice or mine depending on how it went.
    Fair enough, apologies then on my behalf. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Bet accepted.
    Nice one! All three? 

And just in case I do win, here’s mine, the Jimmy Mizen Foundation...

http://forjimmy.org/donate/
  • Options
    MF can we not just have a teeth counting contest?

I win!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    timken said:
    They do now
  • Options
    Ooooo, a game of 'let's see who can get the last word'.
  • Options

Zyzzyva

(A tropical weevil native to South America)

• Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Bet accepted.
    Nice one! All three? 

I’ll match that, I’m sitting typing this in the Cafe the poor lad lost his life. £50, £100 I’m fine with either.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Ok. I’ll take that. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Bet accepted.
    Nice one! All three? 

I’ll match that, I’m sitting typing this in the Cafe the poor lad lost his life. £50, £100 I’m fine with either.
    Ok mate, nice one. I’ll have the 50 quid bet with you on the league position as having 50 with Addickted as well, so that’ll be about my limit. 

Yeah tragic what what happened to young Jimmy. A lovely lad by all accounts and the work his family now donis pretty amazing and very needed in this day and age. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    masicat said:
    Ok. I’ll take that. 
    Ok mate, nice one. As I said the away team can have the draw and the loser has to pay as soon as the games finished, and not wait until the second game to see if it cancels it out, that way the charity definitely gets its money. Does that make sense, not sure I’ve explained that very well lol
  • Options
    So just to clarify....

I’ve got £50 each on who finishes highest in the league with Rob7Lee and Addickted

and £50 on who wins each league game with masicat, away team gets the draw. 

Nice one lads! Let the games commence!! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So just to clarify....

I’ve got £50 each on who finishes highest in the league with Rob7Lee and Addickted

Sounds good, all agreed.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    So just to clarify....

Sounds good, all agreed.
    Could be closer than some on here predicted judging on your performance today. 
  • Options
    All good with me.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    All good with me.
    Nice one mate. I think it’s going to be close to be fair.
  • Options
    If Taylor leaves 

@Rob7Lee @Addickted and @masicat may as well just pay now
  • Options
    If Taylor leaves 

@Rob7Lee @Addickted and @masicat may as well just pay now
    Looking likely that the bet will be a good un.......
  • Options
    So just to clarify....

Might just settle these up tonight 
  • Options
    So just to clarify....

Might just settle these up tonight 
    Why?
    Has your universal credit been paid ?
    Just pawned the kids iPad.