Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• 1-0 Charlton. Mitchell. been watching from 20 mins and it has been all us.
    HT
    I suspect the commentator is a bit of a Manure fan, seems to be surprised we are playing so well, and hardly acknowledging it.
    Mostly reading the game from a manure point of view.
  • Future stars of tomorrow 
  • So this is the new name for the Milk Cup - thought it was a familiar sort of setup.

Ladapo has impressed me, and some of the way he interacts with his peers and with the football itself belies his age. He looks to be - at this stage, at least - a little more mature than most.

Obviously it's far too early to judge, but both sides are very capable of playing neat and tidy football. Hopefully a few of these players can really kick on.
  • 2-0! Ladapo heads in from a corner.

Then he shushes the camera...
  • Saw the last 10 mins. If that game had continued there was only going to be more Charlton goals. Looked excellent 
  • Very impressed. Other than the first 10 minutes we bossed the game and 2-0 flattered them.
  • edited July 2019
    Does anyone know what the team was? My neighbour is in the squad and would be interested to see if he played. Name is Ollie Evans
  • Sponsored links:

• Could've had a lot more but that's youth football.
    Charlton dominated more or less the whole game.
  • Looking forward to reading about Ladapo signing for Man City in a couple of years
  • They looked quality. Hook, the 17, the way they broke up play. Could have had 6 in 15 minutes I saw.
  • _MrDick said:
    Does anyone know what the team was? My neighbour is in the squad and would be interested to see if he played. Name is Ollie Evans
    Someone called Evans appeared to be playing on the right hand side in the second half as far as I could tell, yeah
  • edited July 2019
    jac52 said:
    1-0 up. We look very decent from the bit I've seen.

Our number 5 at the back looks like he might be one to watch (hearing his name as Toure?). Our front 2 look very good as well especially Lapado (i think) on the left. Number 7 has put in some great challenges in midfield too
    Seydil Toure came on at CB v Eastbourne. If that’s the same player then physically he’s even more impressive as he’s only an u15, was one of our biggest players in the Eastbourne game.

Are this team u15s for the new season or last season?
  • Lapado and Hook looked the best to me, with Hook edging it on the basis that he isn't as fully developed physically as the former. Be interesting to see how many of those two teams go onto actually earn a living from the game.
  • Not many will sadly, but if we get one or two that will be great.
  • Is it true they had price tickets on their shirts instead of numbers? 
  • Unfortunately the best we have will be stolen by category 1 clubs and there is nothing we can do about it.
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    jac52 said:

Our number 5 at the back looks like he might be one to watch (hearing his name as Toure?). Our front 2 look very good as well especially Lapado (i think) on the left. Number 7 has put in some great challenges in midfield too
    Seydil Toure came on at CB v Eastbourne. If that’s the same player then physically he’s even more impressive as he’s only an u15, was one of our biggest players in the Eastbourne game.

Is he right footed? Fast track him to beat Konch''s record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    jac52 said:

From the few minutes I saw he looked right footed, but he's probably also years away from being ready.

• edited July 2019
    It was very enjoyable, and hopeful. It is far too early to judge any player from what we saw there. The thing to take from it was to consider that it was a game against the same age group, also at that stage physicality plays a big part. The best thing to take from it is by comparison, how do Charlton look against their equivalents at Manchester United remembering that none of those Manure players are guaranteed to make it at any level.
    It is only on rare occasions that it is patently obvious that a player so young will be a certainty like with say Sol Campbell or Joe Gomez, for those two it was a racing certainty even at 14.
  • The thing that stood out for me in my short view was the ability to win 40/60 tackles all over the pitch. I'd guess they've been drilled to watch the ball not the man.
  • Scoham said:
    jac52 said:

Didn't Jonjo Shelvey break Koncheskys record?
  • Scoham said:
    jac52 said:

Didn't Jonjo Shelvey break Koncheskys record?
    Yeah Shelveys our youngest player 16 years and 59 days according to Wikipedia. He made more appearences for Liverpool than poor Konch did as well.

And yeah that must be him Scoham. He's a giant already and looks to be a good athlete. Would never believe he was in a U15 team.
  • The youngsters have won their semi-final 3-2. They'll face Rangers or County Tyrone in the final.
  • The youngsters have won their semi-final 3-2. They'll face Rangers or County Tyrone in the final.
    Who did they meet in the semi final?
    Club Universidad Nacional (México).
    Club Universidad Nacional (México).
    Thanks
  • Any idea when or link to coverage?