Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where do you think we will finish 2019/20 season? (Ed. Last season)

edited August 2020 in General Charlton
Only a few days away until the start of the season now, time for the annual poll to let us know where you think we will finish?  Your thoughts on why you opted for what you did are also welcome.

Where do you think we will finish 2019/20 season? (Ed. Last season) 438 votes

Champions
1%
smudge7946clb74CafcspudAdamAddickcatfordmorry 5 votes
Runners up
0%
up_the_valleyBig_Bad_WorldCAFCDB 3 votes
Play off winners
0%
jac52RodneyCharltonTrottaDoomer JonGreenie 4 votes
Play offs
1%
letthegoodtimesrollozaddickda18Mendonca In AsdasDaarrzzetbumPringlebertpalmer1 7 votes
7th - 12th
7%
ellisaddickOggy RedCafcWestInish_Addick3blokesDanepakStrasburgerkimboPhantom_UserIdleHansRedhenrytom_kcreepyaddickJiMMy 85CAFCdamoFortune 82nd MinuteLincsaddickbobcafc7barstoolRaplhMilne 33 votes
13th - 21st
49%
Southendaddickmascot88ElthamaddickJWADDICKlancashire ladHenry IrvingCharltonparklaneAppyAddickcfgsEssex_AlAddicktedjimmymelroseaddick1965LouisMendhadersNorthStandUltraroseandcrownJVLcrookesterSE10Addick 217 votes
Relegation
38%
LoOkOuTAFKABartram_MrDick1905LargeAddickAlgarveaddickCAFCBournecafcpoloLenGloverGoonerhaterVincenzopaulbaconsarniecharltonkestonSolidgoneOff_italiwibbleThe Prince-e-PauloohaahmortimerPaddy Powellgolfaddick 169 votes

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Either of the last 2 options, depending on the transfer business before the window closes, and indeed January after the takeover LOL.

Pretty certain we'll be bottom 6 anyway
  • 13th - 21st
    Got to be just survival for me. I agree that our saving factor is Bowyer and that he will somehow pull it out the bag. The unique dressing room and spirit we have, alongside us fully supporting the boys at The Valley, will just be enough to get us over the line. But it’s going to be very tough.

It’s such a shame because Bowyer is right, if he was able to go and have a go, get players in and manage to compete in the market, my prediction would be play-offs. Instead, we know the situation and Bowyer has to work another miracle to keep us up.
  • Relegation
    Relegated with barely a whimper 

• Relegation
    Rock bottom with a points deduction 
  • 13th - 21st
    Will be happy with 21st regardless of who we get in now - Wont be surprised if Bowyer gets us higher but part of me equally wont be surprised if he struggles as a Manager himself at this level
  • 13th - 21st
    21.9999th will do me but I can help feeling I'm letting my heart rule my head (and I'm normally fairly pessimistic).  I'll see how I feel on the way home from Blackburn and after Stoke to see if I need to revise upwards (I hope)
  • 13th - 21st
    Had good vibes about last season and tipped us for top two. With no takeover, this season I cannot see past bottom six.
  • Sponsored links:

• Relegation
    Relying on loanees to come in and keep us up in the championship is a recipe for disaster - we are going down. Good run of form towards the end of the season but we are going to have an awful start
  • 7th - 12th
    Keep The Faith
  • Relegation
    Relegation.

With Duchatelet remaining as owner and starving Bowyer of funding, we could be in for an embarrassing season. Part of me wishes that Bowyer would tell Duchatelet to stuff his job because he deserves better.
  • Play offs
    Relying on loanees to come in and keep us up in the championship is a recipe for disaster - we are going down. Good run of form towards the end of the season but we are going to have an awful start
    Is there a team in the division that won’t have loanees in their squad ?
  • Relegation
    I see no alternative but relegation given the constraints of the Belgian Bastard.
  • Relegation
    I have said relegation simply based on the fact that a midfield (at present) of JFC coming back from injury, 34 yr old Darren Pratley, a guaranteed out injured for half the season Jonny Williams, and basically nobody else wouldn’t get us out League one never mind stay in the Championship.

if we pull a miracle in the next few days I may reconsider 
  • 13th - 21st
    My vote has been cast in hope that we sign some vaguely competent players in the next few days.
  • Play off winners
    The football league is upside down
  • 13th - 21st
    based on our current squad but could all change over the next week
  • have to make comparisons with Bolton last year so unless we get new owners and some investment i will have to say rock bottom - sorry ...
  • Sponsored links:

• 13th - 21st
    based on our current squad but could all change over the next week
    It would take two players as good as Bielik and Cullen to give us a chance of staying up imho.
    2 1/2 days left to sign them.
  • 13th - 21st
    With Bowyer and Jackson at the helm do believe there will be three teams worse than us but only just . 
  • 13th - 21st
    Relegated with barely a whimper 

Shock horror 😂
  • 7th - 12th
    7th - 12th.

It might seem blindly optimistic ...... but in truth, the squad isn't even fully assembled yet.

Taking a look back to this time last season, we hadn't even made a loan signing and half of CL were pessimistically saying we'd get relegated or just escape.

It doesn't help that the transfer window 'slams shut' 3 weeks earlier this year, but I imagine next week, the Prem clubs will be looking to fix up loan players moves to the EFL.

Bowyer and Gallen have always held out for the players they want, they did last season - and it paid off handsomely.

I expect a bit of a struggle for the first half a dozen games while new signings bed in and players adapt to the level.
    And God only help us if we get struck with an injury crisis. But given a fair wind with injuries, I reckon Bowyer will again assemble a fiercely competitive team greater than its sum of parts -  as the season progresses we'll gradually improve and finish with a flourish.

Verdict: We'll do better than many think.

• 13th - 21st
    Survival, just barely and leaving it very late indeed. Not going to be fun, or even positive football, but if there's anyone who can somehow drive a team of has beens and maybes to survive against the odds it's Bowyer - if the owner, fans and players all keep the faith.
    In terms of sheer quality we have no chance. It's character and determination that will keep us up if anything does.
  • 13th - 21st
    I think we'll at least flirt with relegation even if we don't take her home. Bowyer and team spirit may be enough to scrape a few points together but it'll be a struggle and the longer it goes on the harder it will get. LB is a very savvy manager, not a miracle worker.
  • 13th - 21st
    Oggy Red said:
    7th - 12th.

It might seem blindly optimistic ...... but in truth, the squad isn't even fully assembled yet.

Taking a look back to this time last season, we hadn't even made a loan signing and half of CL were pessimistically saying we'd get relegated or just escape.

It doesn't help that the transfer window 'slams shut' 3 weeks earlier this year, but I imagine next week, the Prem clubs will be looking to fix up loan players moves to the EFL.

Bowyer and Gallen have always held out for the players they want, they did last season - and it paid off handsomely.

I expect a bit of a struggle for the first half a dozen games while new signings bed in and players adapt to the level.
    And God only help us if we get struck with an injury crisis. But given a fair wind with injuries, I reckon Bowyer will again assemble a fiercely competitive team greater than its sum of parts -  as the season progresses we'll gradually improve and finish with a flourish.

Verdict: We'll do better than many think.

We have two and a half days to make these signings. Bowyer's saying agents are laughing at him. I'd be very surprised if we make the same last minute quality signings as we did last year unfortunately.
  • 13th - 21st
    More in hope than expectation but 13th - 21st

May have a different view when the window ends

We really do have the best possible manager for our current situation so get behind them, win more points at home and hopefully we will be ok
  • Relegation
    Staying up is our only goal but with the current squad we'll struggle.