Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre Season Round Up

I have posted on various threads but I thought it was worth gathering all into a thread before the new season. This way all can be ridiculed in hindsight for what divs we were pre season.

I have been the pre season Jonah and only been to Ebbsfleet, Gillingham & Villa.

Three at the back appears to be a complete travesty waiting to happen and the footballing centre backs of Bowyers choosing look like they are going to make mistakes and be out muscled. Further to that trying to take goal kicks not leaving the box is inviting pressure in all the wrong places and the team appear to have more work to do even if playing out from the back.

Anneke is some real talent in my opinion with his strength and his turn, just needs to sharpen up in and around the box, but that should come. Bonne always seems to run the right lines and quite frankly with better midfielders I think he could be danger personified, however without any quality footballing brain on show in those games the jury will have to remain out.

Midfield appears to be a crippling problem so far and I shall not waste more time stating the blindingly obvious that is discussed throughout the forum.

The Callum Harriet debate carries on. He looks exactly the same player as 2016. So for me he signs. Not because he was amazing then, just he didn't have to come to league 1 with us which says he probably is going to be a little bit of championship experience we could use.

Oh and Phillips. Amos has kindly put the shirt on his back for Saturday.

Altogether I am not all that hopeful going into the season off the back of what I have seen. I hope the team spirit will be as great when it gets really hard and they see us through.

Even so I will scream myself hoarse at Ewood park Saturday.