Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys from the Village’ The History of Charlton Athletic at War 6 August 2019

2»

Comments

• Options
    Today is the day.

Sticky please admin
  • Options
    great idea, have a good night sadly on the late shift today...
  • Options
    Sounds like a great event, hope it goes well.
  • Options
    Disappointingly not going to make this now, hope it all goes well for @SE7toSG3 and @Henry Irving
  • Options
    Last minute arrival of Geoff Reynolds great nephew made the unveiling special.

Photos later. Decent turn out too.
  • Options
    Really informative and interesting evening, thanks to those whom organised.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who turned up, really successful day.

Will post some photos later and links to the presentations when they are up.

Next time you visit the Valley take a few minutes to view the new memorial.
  • Options
    We had a good turn out in the Museum before opening.
  • Options
    And some people took the opportunity to get their hands on the play-off trophy

• Options
    we even got a few donations like this 1984 poster, although as @SE7toSG3 pointed out we're still getting wound up but in a different way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We then went around to unveil the new memorial to Geoff Reynolds

• Options
    Very pleased to have the great nephew of Reynolds, Karl Harris, unveil the memorial.
  • Options
    @Blitzwalker then delivered, well, a blitz walk from the Valley up to the White Swan
  • Options
    I see the boy has some protection from flare throwing Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Karl Harris has changed since he played for us  ;)

Seriously, well done to all concerned and great that a relative was able to be present.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Enjoyed the evening. People at work asking me what I did for my birthday ... "well I went to a talk about Charlton and the war..."

Would like to add that all the speakers were excellent and a great event to promote the Museum. Our history is important.

• Options
    rananegra said:
    Enjoyed the evening. People at work asking me what I did for my birthday ... "well I went to a talk about Charlton and the war..."

Would like to add that all the speakers were excellent and a great event to promote the Museum. Our history is important.

If we'd known we'd have baked a cake.

Thanks for the feedback
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone at the museum for last night. It's important to hold onto our history in turbulent times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a good evening, thank you to all those who put the event together and to the terrific speakers (not forgetting the enjoyable cameo from white van man!).

For those who have yet to go to the excellent museum, do make the effort, you won't be disappointed - a visit will help underline what a very special club we are.
  • Options
    Fascinating stuff, I’ll have to get on one of your walks @Tom_Hovi
  • Options
    Amazing and fascinating photos. Thanks for posting.