Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Marshall

Signed for Gillingham yesterday

Comments

• I wish him well.

He always gave of his best for us and his experience will be useful to them.
  • Decent attitude and effort. 

Should do well there. 
  • Must have missed that somewhere. #oldnews
  • thanks for the efforts Mark
  • Good man - maybe not a great player, but he had a heart for Charlton and his attitude was spot on.

Not good enough to be a regular starter in the championship. 
    But as a squad player no worse than Harriet in my opinion. 
  • Good man - maybe not a great player, but he had a heart for Charlton and his attitude was spot on.

Definitely technically worse than Harriott, but probably on par with Harriet.

• Dazzler21 said:

Good man - maybe not a great player, but he had a heart for Charlton and his attitude was spot on.

Definitely technically worse than Harriott, but probably on par with Harriet.

I'm blaming spellchecker. 

"..no worse than..." in this context being "would run rings around him despite the age gap ripping Callumity a new one with every turn"
    the resemblance between them lasts until they take the field and someone throws in a ball  
  • Thought he was decent, obviously got the Fosu treatment from Bowyer. Reckon he’ll be a big player for Gillingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wish him well and can't really understand why Bowyer sidelined him. His pace was impressive and so I hope he does well at Gillingham.
  • Wish him well and can't really understand why Bowyer sidelined him. His pace was impressive and so I hope he does well at Gillingham.
    No end product... He was quick but shocking at getting the ball into the box
  • He did all the hard work and then didn't cross it, the amount of times I remember shouting "now cross it........FFS"
    No end product... He was quick but shocking at getting the ball into the box
    Yes I totally agree and shame that part of his game could not improved by Bowyer and Jacko, as I am sure they tried.
  • His starting position was always too deep . Best game I saw him have was from right back in the cup against Doncaster 
  • Good signing for them, decent squad player who always gave his all. I was never disappointed to see his name on the bench.
  • Set to leave Gillingham when his contract expires next week
  • Interesting because although he hasn't started much he has come of the bench a lot.

The fact is he has played in 18 of their 26 league matches, a couple of 90 minutes, a few 45 minutes, but mostly under 20 minute cameos.

Still enough to warrant a deal till the end of the season you would have thought
  • Surprised it wasnt a deal till the end of the season anyway - Surely had better offers than the uncertainty of a six month deal?
  • didn't work out for him with us but at least he got a play off winners medal
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought he was a decent player tbf. Good luck to him. 
  • Friend is a big Gills fan, said he had been terrible for them this season and they had to release him to free up wages to being Akinde in.
  • Flatters to deceive....Akinde good old Ebbsfleet player.
  • That game at Portsmouth where we sang from beginning to end and Ajose scored the winner, he came on towards the end, ripped their RB, as they say, "a new one", and did absolutely feck all with the ball.  If he could have crossed as well as he ran with the ball, we would have won that one three or four nil.  And that's why, much as I wish him the best, I can understand why he keeps getting moved on.
  • Always thought he would make a decent wingback
  • Decent turn of pace, good work rate, likeable fella. Couldn’t cross, couldn’t shoot, and rarely went past his fullback. Had one or two decent substitute cameos, most notably for his defensive contribution vs Blackburn which says a lot. Mostly felt he was a poor signing for us and we got him a season too late. 
  • Massively disappointing signing for us - lacked an end product.
  • Never got going for us with all his injuries. Thought we'd picked up a winger who had just hit his prime but unfortunately he never was able to get a decent run together. Hope he does well at Northampton, seems like a good bloke