Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North stand is now the covered end

Comments

• Fish can swim
  • SignINGS, not sign ffs
  • SignINGS, not sign ffs
    Disappointing but sadly predictable reaction.

100 years of history ignored because some people want a signing now and can't wait.
  • Excellent news, hope to see more similar good news stories.

And before people ask it's an independent group with no Belgium involvement.
  • Excellent news, hope to see more similar good news stories.

And before people ask it's an independent group with no Belgium involvement.
    Good idea to formally give the stand this name. I imagine it was announced this week in advance of the first home fixture on Saturday
  • SignINGS, not sign ffs

100 years of history ignored because some people want a signing now and can't wait.
    I’ve called it the covered end since I started going and not known it as anything else since my first ST in there, hence why this is rather, meh, in comparison to a new signing, 100 years of history ignored slightly over dramatic. 
  • Sponsored links:

• SignINGS, not sign ffs

I’ve called it the covered end since I started going and not known it as anything else since my first ST in there, hence why this is rather, meh, in comparison to a new signing, 100 years of history ignored slightly over dramatic. 
    Not at all.

Your only comment was to moan about lack of signings, nothing about the name or reason for doing this now so ignore is just what you did.
  • edited July 2019
    It's the cupboard end FFS!!!
    And you sit in the top drawer or the bottom drawer of the Cupboard End. (Or top shelf/bottom shelf.)

I'm top drawer.

:smile:
  • edited July 2019
    Nice touch and keeps the character of the ground rather than just generic naming. Like others I've always known it as the Covered End. Just need another sign saying "You'll never stop the F Block" to finish it off
  • When are the gates being done?
  • SignINGS, not sign ffs

Not at all.

Your only comment was to moan about lack of signings, nothing about the name or reason for doing this now so ignore is just what you did.
    And my next comment was to say I’ve always called it the covered end and acknowledged it as so.  Anyway let’s not eh, I like the sign.
  • ‘‘Twas always thus 
  • Sponsored links:

• A great and long overdue change.

You now have a stand named after you.  Curbs will be jealous!!
  • Why the different fonts? You would have thought they would be able to match the letters for two words.  
  • There should be a name for the upper north as well so the inhabitants up there don’t feel left out...how about ‘The Panto Stand’ ? As in ‘they’re behind you ‘...
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Why the different fonts? You would have thought they would be able to match the letters for two words.  

Agree, looks bloody awful.
  • T_C_E said:

That pic takes me back. 
    I used to go with a mate and his dad - first time about 50 years ago. 
    I wonder how many hours some of us have spent in  the Covered End ? We used to walk round the inside of the Valley to the other end at HT to watch us score. 
    How footy has changed. 
  • So, not moving now then 😉. Good bit of PR, know who didn't  write that article!. Well done Olly.
  • T_C_E said:

That pic takes me back. 
    I used to go with a mate and his dad - first time about 50 years ago. 
    I wonder how many hours some of us have spent in  the Covered End ? We used to walk round the inside of the Valley to the other end at HT to watch us score. 
    How footy has changed. 
    Aye, we used to score. :(

Hottest day ever in the UK and some are getting their knickers in a twist over a joke!
  • A great and long overdue change.

You now have a stand named after you.  Curbs will be jealous!!
    I shall be signing autographs and permitting cheeky selfies, in the club shop from 2pm tomorrow.