Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY Security

Sky has ask me to change my sign password and a link to do it. Looks like a scam to me,has any one else had this. I did not do it I deleted the email.

Comments

• Options
    Avoid
  • Options
    Avoid think you find it a scam, if you are worried ring Sky themselves, normally very helpful 
  • Options
    Dont do it, give sky a shout on Twitter.

• Options
    Almost certainly a scam 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    True it seems. In the press now...

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/has-sky-been-hit-with-a-data-breach

If you're not sure then change your password but don't use the link you are sent. Go to the website yourself via google search or your saved link.
  • Options
    yes had the same thing two weeks back.looks very legit but isnt.Chevk the email address its come from its not a sky email address
  • Options
    Also had this email and deleted it
  • Options
    When ever I’m not sure about a email I just look where it’s come from.your find it’s says sky or inland revenue or what ever but when you click on it. It’s sent from a random name 
  • Options
    I received an email and a letter from Sky but ignored it, but then received a letter. I did try to log in and my account was locked.  I telephoned the number on the website and had my account unlocked.  I hope it wasn't a scam as I did change my password with them. I've just gone into my account again and changed the password and security question again.  Hopefully I wasn't scammed.
  • Options
    Whenever you get something like this, always go on to the companies website - not by clicking a link you have been sent, but by googling and ensuring you have the right one and then either a) update your password there or b) find a contact number to ask of the email/letter is genuine.

Just as you should not click a link, you should also not phone the number on the top of a letter no matter how genuine it looks - always verify it first by googling/checking.

Cyber crime has seen a huge, huge uptick in the last couple of years and it is genuinely depressing how many people are getting caught by it.

There is huge data on the dark web being sold for relative peanuts, I know my email account and old password were on there from a previous hack as I was made aware.  Regularly updating passwords is a pain but, for websites that store important personal data, it is worthwhile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had emails and letter from Sky so changed the passwords on my 3 email accounts. One works the other two are locked still even though I have spent over 2 hours on the phone to Sky trying to get them unlocked.
    don't understand how hard it is to unlock the accounts when Sky locked them in the first place!
  • Options
    I contacted SKY by Messenger today and they have confirmed that the emails and letters are genuine. 
  • Options
    My wife had a message about her email account too.

She spoke to Sky who confirmed it was genuine

Took a lot of faffing around but she got it sorted in the end.