Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking for the O2

Going tomorrow night. Anyone who has been / knows the area recommend best / nearest street places to park ?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Nowhere on the street, the traffic wardens around NG are right tossers, however the O2 itself has 2 HUGE car parks and there is a National Car Park as well, closest none yellow line road is a good mile away.
  • Options
    You can buy a parking ticket on-line then pay £2 on the night. That's what I did last week.

Otherwise by the Odeon and walk from there I guess.
  • Options
    You can park anywhere in East Greenwich after 6pm and it is a 15-20 minute walk down to the dome
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Otherwise by the Odeon and walk from there I guess.

And die on the way. Thats ones hell of a walk.
  • Options
    how is that one hell of a walk! god stu you're only young!
  • Options
    I really, really hate walking, it's a complete waste of time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]how is that one hell of a walk! god stu you're only young!

Can only be half a mile or 3/4 at most.

And while we are talking the odeon why do the restaurants keep changing and will it survive with the Vue down the road?
  • Options
    No - its about 15mins, I did it on Sunday, you can also get the 108 and 129 from there.
    In doing so walked through the North Greenwich car park and saw I could've parked there for £3 - it's not that big a car park though so may be full.

Signs around say that the other car parks are £20.
  • Options
    I'm also going - do you know who's supporting Snow Patrol?
  • Options
    Henry, is the on-line thing for one of the main car parks ? How do you go about this, and was it easy to get away ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh yeah, the limitations finish at 6pm, so you can park down by the Ecology Park for example, on John Harrison Way or along West Parkside.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I'm also going - do you know who's supporting Snow Patrol?

you going the main concert thursday, or the 'workers' one tomorrow ? i'm going tomorrow
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]how is that one hell of a walk! god stu you're only young!

Can only be half a mile or 3/4 at most.

And while we are talking the odeon why do the restaurants keep changing and will it survive with the Vue down the road?
    I was talking to my dad about this last night.

The O2 has similar cinema standards, where as it has:

Better transport links
    Better parking
    Better food option
    Better drinking options

I personally don't see how the Odean will survive, when was the last time you popped down to B&Q and though to yourself, oooh, ill go see a film, I personally don't recall ever having that thought.
  • Options
    Henry, I ate at the new pizza place there on Saturday (by the Odeon), was pleasantly surprised, even if I did have to send the first pizza back as it had been burnt underneath...I reckon this one could stay a while - was packed and the competition isn't up to much...
  • Options
    leave the car at home AFKA, have a beer instead.
  • Options
    if you're driving then the Odeon is easier of the two, but I'd rather go to The Picturehouse than either of them any day
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Henry, I ate at the new pizza place there on Saturday (by the Odeon), was pleasantly surprised, even if I did have to send the first pizza back as it had been burnt underneath...I reckon this one could stay a while - was packed and the competition isn't up to much...
    Zizzis? Good pizzas and I love 'em burnt underneath!
  • Options
    Was in the O2 on Sunday, and the food option there are miles ahead.

Depends on price at the end of the days, if the Odeon is £7 and the Vue is £9, it'll take something to convince me to go 3/4 miles further for a better Pizza in Zizzi
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Henry, is the on-line thing for one of the main car parks ? How do you go about this, and was it easy to get away ?

It was on the O2 site which linked to ticketmaster. See Rothko's thread on the O2 for the link.

No trouble getting away but we left after Lucky Soul so not many other cars about then.

They are going to be running rive boats so maybe you could park at Erith.
  • Options
    Since I drive to G'wich from Bromley either is an option but don't have to pay to park at the Odeon.

Is tha Shanghi at the Odeon any good. Do they do a buffet like the old place?

I've never been to a Nandos as it looks like a slightly up-market KFC. I'm I right to avoid?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nandos smells.
    Chinese under the Holiday Inn is good.

Don't you have a cinema in Bromley?
  • Options
    Rodizo Rico will be the main reason to go to the O2 in the months to come
  • Options
    BTW, is AFKA seeing Keane again?
  • Options
    Henry - pizza place is Prezzo and was good...

The chinese is to be avoided at all costs...no buffet - just cheap and nasty chinese food served haphazardly whilst MTV (or similar) blasts from loads of tv screens hanging overhead...truly awful.

Never been to Nandos - always queueing round the block when I walk past...
  • Options
    Nandos at the O2 looks a bit small, Pizza Express looked alright, Zizzi have the biggest pitch in there.

But Rodizo Rico is the place to go when it opens, oh yes!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]BTW, is AFKA seeing Keane again?

Snow Patrol. I'm so with it !!

Do i have to wear wellies ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]BTW, is AFKA seeing Keane again?

Snow Patrol. I'm so with it !!

Do i have to wear wellies ?

Nah, should be fine, watch the fountains in the main square though.

My housemate is going tomorrow night as well, so loads of hip kids there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Nandos smells.
    Chinese under the Holiday Inn is good.

Don't you have a cinema in Bromley?

Not a very good one. An old Odeon that is now an Empire.

Rothko, are you on commision for Radishico or whatever it's called?
  • Options
    Wish I was, just one of the best food joints in London