Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 7-6 Huddersfield game

Just dropped on this report but from a Huddersfield perspective. Not sure if its been posted before but I found it an interesting read..
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/charlton-7-6-huddersfield-town-12355401

Comments

• I was there, aged 10
  • Interesting read, but not as good as being there. YES, I really was one of the large crowd who was there  :)
  • I like to register the fact that I wasn’t there or at the 1947 FA cup final. Drat and double drat. 
  • I was there, that is the first I have heard of orange peel being thrown, by a Charlton fan.

It was just an amazing game.

• Thanks for sharing. 
  • I was there along with 50000 others. Lol
  • Like many other Charlton fans, this game took place many years before I was born.  But I was definitely there. 
  • I was -3 years old, watching from the East terrace (or the big side as all pwoper Charlton called it).

On a slightly serious note, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a photo from the game, are there any out there?
  • My dad was there. You can’t take that away from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprisingly how Shankly changed as he got older  :)
  • Proud to have been there.
  • PeterGage said:
    I was there, aged 10
    In those days, you could walk all the way around the ground. I elected to stand at the end Charlton were attacking in both halves 
  • hawksmoor said:
    My dad was there. You can’t take that away from me.
    My dad was also there - and I think my mum too.
  • I wasn’t there, but I do have my dad’s programme who was among the quarter of a million on the east that day.  Interestingly I also have the away cup game programme from a couple of weeks later that he decided to go to in case there was a repeat 
  • I know of 2 supporters who saw it.  Les Turner and Kevin Nolan 
  • I know everyone was there but we have a spare copy of the programme , £10 plus £1 postage

• I know everyone was there but we have a spare copy of the programme , £10 plus £1 postage

I'll take that
  • Ok it's yours jacob-CAFC
  • Sponsored links:

• I was there, and the first time I went on the pitch at The Valley as we all surged across the muddy surface to gather by the grandstand chanting "We want Summers"...and Johnny Summers duly appeared.
  • I was 5 months old.

I wasn't there...
  • My dad took me to my first Charlton game in 1957 and. ....  bollocks it was not the Huddersfield game

We have a Christmas Day fixture with Doncaster ko 11.15, that was tough on the away fans.

• @ElfsborgAddick was a ball boy that day and it was also his 30th Birthday.
  • iaitch said:
    I know everyone was there but we have a spare copy of the programme , £10 plus £1 postage

We have a Christmas Day fixture with Doncaster ko 11.15, that was tough on the away fans.

I think they only bought 10,000
  • Did the pitch flood and get called off at halftime?
  • @ElfsborgAddick was a ball boy that day and it was also his 30th Birthday.
    The ball boy gag I'm always an easy target for.
  • I still remember a lot of that 7-6 game, stood on the open end, (now Jimmy Seed end for you youngsters), with my father. Do not know crowd, but it seemed crowded to me, but I was a young teenager, at least I think at one time I was a teenager 😁