Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Where will we finish?

Comments

• Options
    You say we need to replace Aribo's goals / assists / runs but thats what Aneke has been brought in for
  • Options
    Great post Garrymanilow. The Championship is s HUGE step up from Div 1. Most clubs have several top quality players who will punish mistakes (and I'm not singling out the Nabster here). Make no mistake, it's going to be really tough and I can see us getting one or two whuppings.  However, my gut instinct is a low table final position say anywhere between 15th and 19th. Now come on Addicks, surprise me!
  • Options
    You say we need to replace Aribo's goals / assists / runs but thats what Aneke has been brought in for
    Yep, to an extent. Bowyer would sometimes play Aribo at 10 when Williams was injured to in that respect Aneke covers it. In our first choice set up though Aribo would play in one of the wider spots in midfield. He would then track his man, stick out a leg to make a tackle and drive from deep, play a one-two with the 10, the advancing full back or Taylor and push on into space for a shot, a cross or a killer pass. That's what we've lost, that driving attacking threat from deeper. We could still have it if Bowyer's planning on dropping Williams deeper into Aribo's role but he might not be robust enough for that spot
  • Options
    A lot of sub appearances for an Mk dons side. This is my point; other than Amos for Maxwell, what have we gained that’s better than what we had last year ? Hopefully all of them, but nobody can be certain at this stage 
  • Options
    aim pre transfer window was to survive - maybe get a big cup tie and the task for me remains the same IF we can back the boys i think we will get there - the championship has changed so much in recent years, forest last season spent over 50 million and finished 11th 

i am looking forward to the better followed clubs coming to the valley and the atmosphere they bring - i think i've faced it that roland wont be going any time soon, and im going to go as many games as i can because if we go down ill regret it. 

millwall, barnsley, luton, brum, qpr, wigan are the teams we need to be beating and taking points from. 

i expect fulham and cardiff to go back up 

and think leeds will be a force this year ( arent they always )
    I spot a problem here.

30 points out of 36 will do for me.
  • Options

I really think we will surprise a lot of people.

21st.

• Options
    17th, I don’t think we will ever be in a relegation battle. I think we will roughly always be 6 or 7 points ahead of the bottom 3. 
  • Options
    10th
  • Options
    13th......if we’re lucky......Oh hang on a minute! :confused:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just found out I had £18 in my Bet365 account so have just lumped it on us to be relegated. Call it an insurance policy.
  • Options
    Definitely top 24.
  • Options
    In Bowyer and Gallen we trust. Will need someone to back up Williams if he gets too many injuries. Expect them to bring in some good FREE players, good enough to keep us up. 11th to 18th.
  • Options

It'll be a long, tough season (especially with our small squad when injuries and suspensions kick in).

I'm going for 20th as I think Lee and the management team have enough nous to get through and keep us safe from relegation.

• Options
    Playoffs absolute minimum, any less total failure.
  • Options
    2nd. Anything less and it’s got to be Bowyer out. 
  • Options
    As it stands, bottom 6 for me. As someone said earlier in the thread, it all depends on who Bowyer can pull out of the hat in the loan market. 

I just worry that when we're not beating everyone like last season, fans will get on Bowyer's back without a second's thought about the quality of squad at his disposal.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I just found out I had £18 in my Bet365 account so have just lumped it on us to be relegated. Call it an insurance policy.
    5/2?
  • Options
    As it stands, bottom 6 for me. As someone said earlier in the thread, it all depends on who Bowyer can pull out of the hat in the loan market. 

I just worry that when we're not beating everyone like last season, fans will get on Bowyer's back without a second's thought about the quality of squad at his disposal.
    Bowyer will be given the full backing of the fans, he has performed miracles.
  • Options
    We need to see what the squad looks like when Bowyer has finished adding to it. Last season he made crucial very late additions so a lesson is there for us this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Bowyer at the helm and Gallen's ability to spot talent and get some good players in (both loan and permanent) I'm quietly confident that we'll finish mid table or above.  Just put £2.00 E/W on us to finish in the top four at 80-1!!  Unlikely I know but I had money on us last year to get promoted - never expected it to happen but you just never know...
  • Options
    Guaranteed top half ...

... of the Football League.
  • Options
    Comfortably mid table. Early flirting with the play offs, later flirting with the bottom 6, but pretty steady all in all
  • Options
    Probably bottom half but I am confident we can stay clear of trouble. Around 15th.
  • Options
    23rd , despite how good bows is , I just feel feel the quality just isn't there in our squad, the only crumb of comfort will be millwall 24th
  • Options
    As of now I'd say we're fucked, but we still have half a bloody squad quota to fill so impossible to predict at the moment.
  • Options
    Beat Milwall twice.  Avoid relegation.  Just.  21st.
  • Options
    16th to 6th anywhere in-between. Ask again at the end of August.
  • Options
    17th for me; I know it's specific, but why not!