Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    JW sweepstake.

Baggsie, injured by end of September.
  • Options
    With no prospect of matchday income, clubs will cutting playing budgets and that means players like Williams are a real risk. He might have had offers from elsewhere but I'd be surprised if they were that great. 

Personally, I'd play him on the left of a 4 man midfield in a 4-4-2. Two strikers for him to play off and a left back pushed up in support. 
  • Options
    I know this is going to sound weird...
    But I follow joniesta on Instagram and have noticed he has a new partner who he seems to be getting along well with. Maybe this had a big part to play? If so... Thank you to that Girl. 

Very happy with this Jonny is a very very very good league 1 player. 
    She's from Kent, according to her Instagram bio. Maybe she didn't fancy living north of the river  :D
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Getting excited about an injury prone inconsistent player signing a contract sums up where this club is at.

He's quality of course people are excited.

Started 15 games for us last season and we got 24 points out of those games.
    In the 31 games he didn't start we also got 24 points.
    Pity he doesn't play more and score more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Getting excited about an injury prone inconsistent player signing a contract sums up where this club is at.

He's scored four goals in his entire career that amounts to almost 200 games

Goalscoring isn't part of what he does
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

He's scored four goals in his entire career that amounts to almost 200 games

Goalscoring isn't part of what he does
    He runs about a lot and falls over a lot.
  • Options
    In the current climate nobody is going to rush to sign JFC or JW given their injury record. I'm not surprised they wanted to stay.
    This with knobs on.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    This is absolutely fantastic news. Jonny is going to be a huge player for us next season, so glad to have him for another year at least.

Not claiming to be in the know about this at all. However, I knew that something was going on today as I was again at The Valley, and today there were a lot more flashy cars around. As I was leaving, Bow got out of his car. I had no idea it would be for this, in fact I was a bit worried. But this is brilliant news and a great way to end the day. 
    Were they white Range Rovers?
  • Options
    —Pratley—
    Morgan JFC
    —Williams—

Not a bad midfield for League 1 level.
    Plus Oztumer (not all at the same time)
  • Options
    Good he’s staying but let’s hope it’s followed by news that ESI have gone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality at league one level ! 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I think this is for a mixture of reasons, however I think that there is something genuine in what Jonny says.

Is unexpected good news and as I’m off to Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 for my hols on Friday I will personally thank the Welsh and the good people of Pembury (on the way back).
  • Options
    —Pratley—
    Morgan JFC
    —Williams—

Not a bad midfield for League 1 level.
    Plus Oztumer (not all at the same time)
    Might have too if we haven't got enough strikers! 
  • Options
    Great news...love Jonny,just gives us the extra little something for the opposition to think about...lovely bloke & great character too...,yes we do love u mate,thank you,but do please chuck in a few goals next term for us...there’s a good boy...!!!

Cmon U Addicks...!!
  • Options
    I know this is going to sound weird...
    But I follow joniesta on Instagram and have noticed he has a new partner who he seems to be getting along well with. Maybe this had a big part to play? If so... Thank you to that Girl. 

Very happy with this Jonny is a very very very good league 1 player. 
    She's from Kent, according to her Instagram bio. 
    Does she pass the CL height test?

I'm afraid Jonny doesn't. Unless he's walking tall right now?  :smile:

• Options
    Might not score goals or be the best most consistant player in the world but we need to remember that next year at this rate is going to be another battle and struggle so to have someone as genuine and gd a lad in the team/squad to boost morale and keep the team happy is a win win in my books as just to get some stability and drop no further down the leagues will be an achievement at the minute
  • Options
    Really pleased for the squad. To have someone with his quality can only be a good thing. For me this says that Lee is staying too. He's building a team to go for promotion. It'll be a shit budget again, but if the League One clubs all sign up to the £2.5m cap, there will be a more level playing field. 

We all love you Johnny. Just score a few please!
  • Options
    Surprised to wake up to this news this morning. I had wondered if he'd had a bit of a fallout with Bowyer after comments post-lockdown. It seems all is fine and dandy after all!
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

That's a great stat but how many of those 15 games that he started, also had Gallagher starting v the 31 that he didn't?
  • Options
    An experienced pro and can influence the younger players and a tidy player for League 1, add some goals and what a signing and crowd pleaser