Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lego

used to love this stuff as a kid, but not that much !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6240494.stm

Comments

• Oh dear.........
  • Some one should tell him that's the wrong shade of blue!
  • Lego was quality - I once built a replica of Airwolf!

Der Der, derderderder...

Stringfellow Hawke lol!

• you're good Sco, it looked just like him !!
  • Odds on he is single or works in IT
  • My daughter is more into sticklebricks!
  • [cite]Posted By: BBC[/cite]Mr Standford worked on his replica about five hours a week and had to mould his own plastic for the more technical parts.

Get out much?
  • I beat him to it anyway - here is my lego replica of The Valley that I made in my spare time.

Please bare in mind that I am blind and have no hands!
  • Strange bump Mog.

hyoushi2-b.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• My son (aged 3) joined Lego Club today - he loves lego!
  • [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]Not Quite Lego

That's fantastic. It's my 40th this year and I've just shown that picture to the missus. If I don't get one for my birthday I'm binning her - unless she builds me The Valley out of Lego instead.
  • That cake is pretty fantastic! Obviously a generic stadium style that they use, but extremely impressive nontheless! I might request one of those for my 33 & 1/3 birthday next year.(I didn't have a 30th):-D

The Maine Road model is pretty bloody incredible. I used to make Lego stands for my Subbuteo & Striker games.

It's a real shame that you cant seem to buy just a box of mixed Lego.
    Whilst the Lego interpretations/cash-ins of movies, etc are pretty cute, they don't seem to pique the imagination like creating your own castle or car or whatever. It's all done for the kids these days.

Still love Lego though. I had a blast with my nieces & nephews & their collection, recently, & ended up taking over the build. Haha! I felt like a parent building their kids science model, & not letting them anywhere near it, or something like that. :-D
  • Would you be the sort of Dad who buys his kid a trainset .....?

o)
  • Love Lego to bits. Luckily, my wife's side of the family keeps providing me with a steady stream of nephews to keep giving me an excuse to 'help' them build with it :o)

For out and out back-to-your-youth tomfoolery though, you can't beat Scalextric. I even got a Scalextric set for Christmas a few years ago :o) It was a 'joke' present from my sister in law - the joke backfired on her slightly when I spent almost all Christmas afternoon on the living room floor pummelling her old man at it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Would you be the sort of Dad who buys his kid a trainset .....?

o)

Still got my old 'un! Won't let 'em anywhere near it though! :-D
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Love Lego to bits. Luckily, my wife's side of the family keeps providing me with a steady stream of nephews to keep giving me an excuse to 'help' them build with it :o)

For out and out back-to-your-youth tomfoolery though, you can't beat Scalextric. I even got a Scalextric set for Christmas a few years ago :o) It was a 'joke' present from my sister in law - the joke backfired on her slightly when I spent almost all Christmas afternoon on the living room floor pummelling her old man at it.

Yep, Scalextric is 'the business'! Really want to get another set. I keep seeing Scalextric style mini sets, sold as 'boy toys' in various places, but nowt beats the real deal.

Another favourite of mine was/is Tomy Super Cup Football

Bought for me & my brother, we annoyed the crap out of everyone the Xmas we got it, as it sounded like a hoover with a crisp packet stuck in it. Plus it caused interference on the TV.

A highly addictive game though, kind of like an electrified & reversed version of those 'Fussball' tables.