Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket office to close 1pm on match days?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

The opening hours for Charlton Athletic’s Ticket Office have been adjusted for the 2019/20 campaign to match demand.

Following the introduction of the club’s new online ticketing system at the start of the 2018/19 season, there has been a large increase in the percentage of tickets purchased online.

89% of tickets bought for the club’s play-off final at Wembley were purchased online and that number was 83% for Charlton’s home leg semi-final against Doncaster Rovers.

With an increase in supporters purchasing online, fans buying in-person and over the phone have reduced dramatically, especially on weekdays.

The ticket office have examined in-person purchasing trends and as a result have adjusted ticket office opening hours to the below, beginning Monday, July 14th:

Monday: 1pm-5pm

Tuesday: 9:30am-5pm

Wednesday: 9:30am-5pm

Thursday: Closed

Friday: 9:30am-5pm

Non-Match Saturday: Closed

Matchday Saturday: Phonelines 10am-1pm (in person 10am-4pm + 15 minutes after full-time)

Sunday: Closed

On the back of feedback from the Fans’ Forum, tickets going on sale for high demand games, will be made available at the same time whether a supporter be purchasing in-person, on the phone or online.

15 minutes after full time seems a bit short, if there was a queue of people would they really close the shutters before they were all served?
    The trick will be getting round from the East Stand within those 15mins sometimes!!

Can often take me about 15mins just to get out of the Ground
  • Options
    It may have been amended but....... " beginning Monday July 14th "............umm 
  • Options
    The matchday Saturday time was just for phonelines. It's now clarified on the OS
    Thank God for Charlton Life, marking the Clubs homework since 2008!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Nicholas said:

The opening hours for Charlton Athletic’s Ticket Office have been adjusted for the 2019/20 campaign to match demand.

Following the introduction of the club’s new online ticketing system at the start of the 2018/19 season, there has been a large increase in the percentage of tickets purchased online.

89% of tickets bought for the club’s play-off final at Wembley were purchased online and that number was 83% for Charlton’s home leg semi-final against Doncaster Rovers.

With an increase in supporters purchasing online, fans buying in-person and over the phone have reduced dramatically, especially on weekdays.

The ticket office have examined in-person purchasing trends and as a result have adjusted ticket office opening hours to the below, beginning Monday, July 14th:

Matchday Saturday: Phonelines 10am-1pm (in person 10am-4pm + 15 minutes after full-time)

On the back of feedback from the Fans’ Forum, tickets going on sale for high demand games, will be made available at the same time whether a supporter be purchasing in-person, on the phone or online.

15 minutes after full time seems a bit short, if there was a queue of people would they really close the shutters before they were all served?
    I think we all know the answer as to whether Roland would pay to have the ticket office left open a bit longer...
    Can assure you Roland won’t be paying the staff for that 15 minutes either way.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Nicholas said:

I think we all know the answer as to whether Roland would pay to have the ticket office left open a bit longer...
    Can assure you Roland won’t be paying the staff for that 15 minutes either way.
     But the new owners will!  Take over confirmed!  Break out the Gifs
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Perhaps there could be clearer information against all this chaos.
    The club could give information along the lines that encourage attendance rather than discourage it.
    I would like to see it listed along the lines of:

'What to do if you want to come to a game'.
    If you want to buy from the ground then ********* blah blah.
    If you have the facilities and want to print at home then********blah blah.
    If you want to order by phone then *******blah blah.
    If you want to use your telephone or electronic device then ******blah blah.
    If you want a season ticket then *******blah blah.

At the moment the club is rather unclear with regard to the information about tickets it gives out. It is like there are systems, but you have to figure it all out and navigate it, and suss out ambiguities (especially with website stuff, numbers, passwords, memberships and all that).
    Personally and because I can, my much preferred choice is to go to the Valley before a game, queue up if necessary, and buy from the window, because when you leave that transaction, it is all sorted.

Put simply i would like the club to make it as easy as possible to go to games and to avoid putting hurdles in the way.
  • Options
    I'm on my way back from Ascot so just had another look. I'm pleased the error has been corrected and appreciate the staff are probably under staffed, but as said, there surely should be a system in place to ensure that the fans/customers aren't continually subjected to this amateurish nonsense?
    If I can spot it in 30 seconds, isn't anyone else capable?