Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Konsa to Villa

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Swisdom said: KO
    I saw Ezri a few seasons ago playing in a cup game.  It was at Brentford I think around 2015

I said Ezri was as good as Gomez but nobody believed me.  A true Rolls Royce of a defender and I’m glad he’s doing well.  Lovely lad too - though I understand he was a bit of a naughty boy when he was younger and needed the club to iron out a few flaws in his 
    I went that day. Was raving about him ever since. Looked composed whenever he touched the ball. 

Lookman played but don’t remember him standing out.
  • Options
    Deji would do well to watch some defensive highlights of Konsa this season. That second Blackpool goal Deji just stands there even though Pratley is following the man without the ball into the box. At that point Deji needed to fly out, make himself as big as possible and try and block the shot. Instead he just stood there and let the bloke have all the time he needed to pick his spot. Konsa has excellent judgment in the key moments when attackers are about to shoot or play the key pass, and Deji really needs to develop that if he's ever going to be more than a lower-half L1 defender. He's got the physical attributes to be more than he is but his mind isn't there
  • Options
    The problem for Konsa was that the last good defender to come through before him was Gomez. At 17 Gomez was already built like a brick shithouse and was touted as one of our best ever academy products long before his first team debut. People were always going to try and compare them which wasn't really fair on Konsa. 

Konsa has improved massively since leaving us but I'd love to see what Gomez would be like without all of the injury problems. Personal opinion is he'd be England's best all round defender by a distance.
    Gomez was/is brilliant on the ball and before his injuries was lightning quick, possibly a bit suspect in the air but his pace more than made up for that. I'd be interested to see how he adapts his game now.
  • Options
    Thought Konsa lacked concentration at times. 

At Villa he plays centre back, with us he was played right back, midfield, centre back.
  • Options
    Konsa Gomez CB pairing for England within the next couple of years?
  • Options
    Konsa Gomez CB pairing for England within the next couple of years?
    Maybe if Gomez wasnt injured at the moment, have a bad feeling about him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to him but that is some Charlton vs Aberdeen level defending from Brentford.
  • Options
    Shades of Maradona v England, but with a better finish.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Shades of Maradona v England, but with a better finish.
    A very very very light shade...
  • Options
    I remember him making a similar run at an evening game at The Valley from a deep defensive position. It came to nothing as I think he tried a pass which was deflected by a defender but I knew at that point we had a proper player and, sure enough, Brentford snapped him up shortly afterwards.
  • Options
    Over to you Joe Gomez....😄