Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sven at City

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Been confirmed.

Joke figure, but actually has one of the best club management records in the world.

How do you think he will do ?

Comments

• Options
    I can see them being like Villa were last season - getting off to a great start due to the new manager having his honeymoon period, then by mid-November they'll start slipping down the table
  • Options
    He can have Bent for £25m
  • Options
    I never saw him as a joke figure, misguided maybe, but that was it.

Aside from that I think he will do ok.

And I don't believe all this bullshit about wasting a 'golden generation' I think they did that all by themselves.
  • Options
    His England record is excellent in my opinion - we just expect too much.

yes his decisions sometimes beggered belief but he was our best manager for the past 20/30 years i believe.
  • Options
    Well said wesyde
  • Options
    for the players at his disposal his England record is poor in my opinion, he never got them playing good football consistently, without Beckham providing the quality service we would have floundered even more.
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]getting off to a great start due to the new manager having his honeymoon period

There has to be joke in there somewhere!
  • Options
    Out of his depth at international level, not particularly tactically astute and that found him out, plus he was too weak a character to get some of the egos in the England team to play and to stand up to the powers behind the England team who appeared to be having an influence on selection - ie would only release players for friendlies if they only played 45 minutes, and he generally showed a preference for taking players from the big clubs. However at club level you have the luxury of buying the side to fit your preferred pattern of play.
  • Options
    Considering how shit England were when he took over, I'll rate him as a good England manager, who lacked the killer instict at times.
  • Options
    Here is the england manager's records. I think Hoddle, Venables and Eriksson all were "sacked" for the wrong reasons and went out of tournaments rather unluckily:

untitledke8.png
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoddle should never have got the job, let alone been sacked
  • Options
    Eriksson was the right man for the job after the Keegan debacle, and got the qualification for the 2002 WC back on track but as time wore on he looked clueless as to how and what England needed to do to change. He was incapable of changing formation, for example in the 2002 WC in the quarter final we were leading Brazil and then found ourselves 2-1 down against ten men with 20 minutes or so to go and he was just unable to do anything to put them under any pressure. That match was typical of his management, good at putting teams out, but it changed once we needed to do something to win. Still there was the 5-1 thumping of Germany which gave me some bragging rights with my work colleagues.
  • Options
    Sven Urine Eriksson wasn't a total flop - he picked legend Chrissie Powell 5 times!
  • Options
    On the whole I think I'd rather have Stuart Pearce.

And I can't see the Mad Swede's complete and utter lack of passion going down a bundle with the mancs.
  • Options
    Do you think he'll sign Theo Walcott?
  • Options
    No, but he won't pick Darren Bent either.

Expect him to go for Scott Carson, if Robert Green can't come. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I never saw him as a joke figure, misguided maybe, but that was it.

he became a joke figure immediately after ulrikka's maid wrote about how she used to see his shoes parked outside ulrikka's boudoir which had STEPS in them!
  • Options
    Just got this from Wikipedia via my time machine in six years time:

Sven and the City is a popular English television program. The original broadcast run of the show was on Sky from 2007 until 2013, for a total of six seasons.

Set in Manchester, the show's focus is on four characters, Sven, Tord, David and Theo. It was considered a sitcom, but had serialized storylines, like a soap opera, as well as dramatic elements. The show tackled socially relevant issues, often specifically dealing with earning oodles of cash for doing very little.

Quotes:

"Players are like shoes for my (various) women, I have to have a new one every month but still go back to my old favourites."

"It is a danger to be in my shoes, but perhaps less than being in my bed."
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Just got this from Wikipedia via my time machine in six years time:

Sven and the City is a popular English television program. The original broadcast run of the show was on Sky from 2007 until 2013, for a total of six seasons.

Set in Manchester, the show's focus is on four characters, Sven, Tord, David and Theo. It was considered a sitcom, but had serialized storylines, like a soap opera, as well as dramatic elements. The show tackled socially relevant issues, often specifically dealing with earning oodles of cash for doing very little.

The scuttlebutt here in Sweden is that Tord is enjoying his retirement too much and that it will be Roland Andersson (currently assistant manager of Sweden). Or should all that have been in the past tense?
  • Options
    Roland Andersson (currently assistant manager of Sweden). Or should all that have been in the past tense?

Is it me or does Roland Andersson look a bit like Clive Dunn?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/06/26/ufnrup126.xml

http://home2.btconnect.com/howejam/dadsarmy/gallery/gal_greshpic11.htm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds

Is it me or does Roland Andersson look a bit like Clive Dunn?

I think it's you.

But don't panic ;-)