Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Duchatelet channels Donald Trump

My fellow Charlton Athletic followers

It is now 42 days since Leigh Bower led us victorious at the home of English football. I was unable to be with you that day due to the reprehensible actions of enemy forces but I was able to watch on from my home and celebrated long and loudly with you and Marieke when we scored all three goals.  

I am proud that I stand now before you (via this statement which will appear in the programme for the game against Aston Martin later this month) as the owner of this great club formed as we all know in 1805.

Over that long period there have been many occasions when our very existence has been threatened but we have always prevailed with our indomitable spirit shining through. Together, we crushed the quarterbacks of Chelsea in the famous battle of Stamford Bridge (which is enshrined in our long and glorious history) whilst my stewardship has now seen us rise from the depths to the elite division of the English Football League.

So, I will not be there in person to celebrate my achievement but when the band plays Red Robins when the team emerges, I invite you to salute those who, together with me, have made Charlton Athletic great again – Katrien Meire and Thomas Driesen – heroes all.

Roland

Comments

• My fellow Charlton Athletic followers

It is now 42 days since Leigh Bower led us victorious at the home of English football. I was unable to be with you that day due to the reprehensible actions of enemy forces but I was able to watch on from my home and celebrated long and loudly with you and Marieke when we scored all three goals.  

I am proud that I stand now before you (via this statement which will appear in the programme for the game against Aston Martin later this month) as the owner of this great club formed as we all know in 1805.

Over that long period there have been many occasions when our very existence has been threatened but we have always prevailed with our indomitable spirit shining through. Together, we crushed the quarterbacks of Chelsea in the famous battle of Stamford Bridge (which is enshrined in our long and glorious history) whilst my stewardship has now seen us rise from the depths to the elite division of the English Football League.

So, I will not be there in person to celebrate my achievement but when the band plays Red Robins when the team emerges, I invite you to salute those who, together with me, have made Charlton Athletic great again – Katrien Meire and Thomas Driesen – heroes all.

Roland

Thank the Lord.
  • edited July 2019
    Not enough huh in that statement
  • edited July 2019
    Huhs have been removed to protect the innocent.

{ }
  • Not enough huh in that statement
    Get Trevor Horn to remix it with Frankie Goes to Hollywood...
  • Bloody brilliant! Made my day.