Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Foxes

124»

Comments

• Options
    There are very, very few lions roaming the streets in London. So this can only mean that when foxes evolve into lions (I guess this probably happens at night, otherwise there would be lots of sightings of it happening) they bugger off into the countryside.  

So, in reality, the faster they evolve into lions, the better.  It keeps them out of London.  
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    There are very, very few lions roaming the streets in London. So this can only mean that when foxes evolve into lions (I guess this probably happens at night, otherwise there would be lots of sightings of it happening) they bugger off into the countryside.  

So, in reality, the faster they evolve into lions, the better.  It keeps them out of London.  
    It's the highlight of their evolutionary cycle.
  • Options
    Don't see many in Bexley, especially on a Friday night in The Millers.
    They are cougars. Big difference.
  • Options
    I read somewhere recently that the fox population has remained largely the same for years. It is just people are becoming more pre-occupied with them.
    It may well have remained the same for years......and it’s been the same big problem for years......that’s why Muttley.
  • Options
    The fox and rabbit population in this part of Kent go up and down like a yo-yo.  Abundance of rabbits this year, so the Fox and his offspring should do well.  Witnessed a Buzzard taking a young rabbit yesterday.
  • Options
    Will we ever see the day when a fox can swim as fast as a shark?
    Or a shark run as fast as a fox......bet SE9 won’t be giving them his Sunday dinner left overs!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:

It's the highlight of their evolutionary cycle.
    Wait, what?  It's a cycle?  You mean at some point they de-evolve again?  Back from lions to foxes?  And then back further still, through rabbits, mice, shrews, newts, frogs, water lillies, algae, pond slime and Belgian businessmen? 
  • Options
    Pigeons seem to have no fear of humans

Even wood pigeons seem to ignore humans, whereas other birds are far warier.

They are evolving into tiny human-eating vulture-eagles.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This reminds me of Karl Pilkington:
    ”If we hadn’t invented planes, maybe we’d be able to fly now.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgIR7OLssbc
    Oh god I consider myself a Pilkington mega fan but I had never heard that one. That is brilliant.
  • Options
    Paulie - don't ever change mate 
  • Options
    We are swarming with them in Sidcup, it’s like a fox convention. 

a relative has had a fox bite through and burst their car tyres 7 times between Jan to May this year. Cost now run into four figures. Can’t park on their drive anymore as a fox clearly sees it as their territory. Wouldn’t have believed it unless I’d seen the effort it put into biting through on the CCTV. 

Not unusual to get woken up during the night, check CCTV next day to see two foxes going toe to toe like a pair of Go Pro wearing Russian hooligans. 

Vermin
  • Options
    Foxes have the uncanny ability to do what i term a 'stunt shit'. Examples of these are leaving one balanced on top of one of my kids footballs left in the garden,atop the kids slide (which was admirable as i stood and wondered if the fox then slid down but how would he do it without leaving a skidmark down the slide?) and one left slap bang on the middle of a trampoline(which had the safety net round it which was done up,what the actual fuck?) Im wondering if the foxes round my way were having such a good time playing did they just shit themselves with excitement? 🤔

• Options
    Will we ever see the day when a fox can swim as fast as a shark?
    Or a shark run as fast as a fox......bet SE9 won’t be giving them his Sunday dinner left overs!
    Sharks are less cute than my neighbours and will he treated accordingly.
  • Options
    I live 400 metres from a woods. For the last 25 years I have lived in the same house and we always put our food recycling on top of the wheelie bin because we have regulars foxy visitors who manage to force the handle back and leave the remnants on our lawn or neighbours lawns. 
    They are more brazen in recent years and no doubt would have grown to 4 times their present size in 4000 years but the good news is that won't happen ?  Mainly because this planet won't be around in 100 years !

Last Tuesday a strange thing occurred ?
    Sitting in my lounge with the back door of the conservatory obscured, I heard a patter of feet on the boards, "not that sabre tooth giant Rat again" I opined.

But no, it was a young fox out on manoeuvre for the first time without its mum. Our eyes met and as he took it first and last step on to the carpet, this Reynard them did a u-turn and scarpered from where he came.
  • Options
    I live across a small lane from very large woods. Haven’t seen a fox in seven years of living here.
  • Options
    foxes = giant rats .. do not feed or encourage them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    foxes = giant rats .. do not feed or encourage them
    Humans = Far larger rats
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    RATS = Rats.... errrrr

Start your own thread.
  • Options
    I live 400 metres from a woods. For the last 25 years I have lived in the same house and we always put our food recycling on top of the wheelie bin because we have regulars foxy visitors who manage to force the handle back and leave the remnants on our lawn or neighbours lawns. 
    They are more brazen in recent years and no doubt would have grown to 4 times their present size in 4000 years but the good news is that won't happen ?  Mainly because this planet won't be around in 100 years !

Last Tuesday a strange thing occurred ?
    Sitting in my lounge with the back door of the conservatory obscured, I heard a patter of feet on the boards, "not that sabre tooth giant Rat again" I opined.

And sure enough a wizened man with a Belgian accent was pattering across the living room floor.