Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lille Viggo

New item for the museum

Any Danish speakers able to translate the captions

Comments

• I recall getting Ostergaard's autograph in the car park and he was smoking a massive cigar at the time.
  • Bloody hell.

Johnny Oostergaard must be enormous.
  • Addickted said:
    Bloody hell.

Wasn’t he an ice hockey player before joining Charlton? 
  • Addickted said:
    Bloody hell.

• I recall getting Ostergaard's autograph in the car park and he was smoking a massive cigar at the time.

I got both their autographs at the back of the West Stand. Still got them at home somewhere.
  • I had a Danisg GF aaround 25 years ago, so I picked up a smattering of Dansk.
    But of course, I've forgotten most of it. :smile:

Lille Viggo = Little Viggo.

Amager Strand is the big beach near Copenhagen airport. (Strand = beach in Danish).
    Amager is the island just across from Copenhagen itself

I can translate lots of words into English, but there's many that I don't remember.
    Best left to a fluent Danish speaker, of course.

• were the photos taken by Rurik's dad?
  • My norsk is rusty (and it's near enough to Danish written) but here goes:
    Top: Little Viggo in the Sole Sands of Amager Breach and he strides upwind. In the background can be seen one of the many toilet blocks (!)
    Next: The winter swimmer Viggo aged 62 on the way to the ice cold harbour.
    Headfirst into the sea, cold shiver is in full swing. (* this is idiomatic and beyond me)
    Next: Little Viggo's cold dip by the "Snails" of Amager Beach is over. So he goes for a commendable walk homewards.
  • The football ones: Clippings from the tip sheet. Johnny Ostergaard and Viggo Jacobsen are presented in the month of November 79 at The Valley home of Charlton.
    Winter training on the gravel path at John Tranums Allé - and a little worse than this one here - which sent the team to a training camp in Ipswich. From the left, Karl Erik Sommer Peterson, Kim Lagstroem and Rene Kany Nielsen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mange tak, Sasquatch!

• sasquatch said:
    Picture 1
    Little Viggo in the heavy sand at Amager Strandpark (Amager beachpark) and in fierce headwind. In the background you see one of the many toiletbunkers.

Picture 2
    The 62 year old winter swimmer Viggo, heading into the ice cold ocean.

Picture 3
    Head first into the ocean water, and the cold thrill is in full effect.

Picture 4
    Little Viggos refreshing dip at the "Sneglen" (The Snail) at Amager Strandpark is over. Now it's time for a jog home.

Picture 5
    Newspaper clippings from Tipsbladet (long-time Danish football newspaper). Johnny Østergaard and Viggo Jacobsen are presented at the Valley, the home of Charlton, in November '79.

Picture 6
    Winter training on the gravel pitch on John Tranums Alle (street name) - and under somewhat rougher conditions than depicted here, which lead the team on training camp to Ipswich. From the left Karl Erik Sommer Petersen, Kim Lagstrøm and Rene Kany Nielsen.

Dane here, thread title caught my attention :smile:
    Hope it can be of use! 
    Thanks for that. 

Johnny Østergaard scored the Welsh goal of the season in 1980 during our 3-2 defeat at The Racecourse Ground.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Mange tak, Sasquatch!

Det var så lidt!
  • sasquatch said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Mange tak, Sasquatch!

Det var så lidt!

få et værelse
  • Tak guys

Charlton Life never lets you down.

If I send over some more Charlton stuff could you translate that too @sasquatch ?
  • Tak guys

If I send over some more Charlton stuff could you translate that too @sasquatch ?
    Definitely, I'd love to help if I can
  • Addickted said:
    sasquatch said:
    Picture 1
    Little Viggo in the heavy sand at Amager Strandpark (Amager beachpark) and in fierce headwind. In the background you see one of the many toiletbunkers.

Picture 2
    The 62 year old winter swimmer Viggo, heading into the ice cold ocean.

Picture 3
    Head first into the ocean water, and the cold thrill is in full effect.

Picture 4
    Little Viggos refreshing dip at the "Sneglen" (The Snail) at Amager Strandpark is over. Now it's time for a jog home.

Picture 5
    Newspaper clippings from Tipsbladet (long-time Danish football newspaper). Johnny Østergaard and Viggo Jacobsen are presented at the Valley, the home of Charlton, in November '79.

Picture 6
    Winter training on the gravel pitch on John Tranums Alle (street name) - and under somewhat rougher conditions than depicted here, which lead the team on training camp to Ipswich. From the left Karl Erik Sommer Petersen, Kim Lagstrøm and Rene Kany Nielsen.

Dane here, thread title caught my attention :smile:
    Hope it can be of use! 
    Thanks for that. 

Johnny Østergaard scored the Welsh goal of the season in 1980 during our 3-2 defeat at The Racecourse Ground.
    A shot from distance IIRC.
  • sasquatch said:
    Tak guys

Definitely, I'd love to help if I can
    I'll get photographing, cheers
  • Is the photographer for the first two pictures related to Rurik Gislason, who was at Charlton 2005-07?
  • Have an abiding memory of bumping into Viggo Jacobson drinking with Paul Walsh in the William Camden back in the day.
    When they had finished their drinks Walshie turned to him and said  "Viggo, Viggo, ve go home"
    Sorry, pointless story but sticks in my mind.