Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alexa problems

Anyone else experiencing problems with Alexa? Over last 3 days all 3 of my devices are continuously pulsing a yellow light. Tried resetting on app and contacting Alexa via feedback option on the app. 

Comments

• A yellow light means you have a message or notification. Just say "alexa, what have I missed" 
  • edited June 2019
    Sorted....when I looked in settings again I noticed that each device had the ‘do not disturb’ switch set to on. When I set the switch to off the pulsing light stopped.
  • edited June 2019
    Let me get this straight. You ask Alexa to do something and she does it. Ask a question and she answers. No "do the opposite", no "why?", no "if, I do, I want".  What is this Alexa like in bed?
  • https://youtu.be/IRmGZSdH2qY

I won’t have one in my house!

You will be telling me you have a smart meter next.
  • @Red_in_SE8

You seem to have a recurring issue with “do not disturb” functionality on all your devices. Is it something you are doing yourself that’s the problem ? 
  • Let me get this straight. You ask Alexa to do something and she does it. Ask a question and she answers. No "do the opposite", no "why?", no "if, I do, I want".  What is this Alexa like in bed?
    Thats when the headache feature kicks in!!
  • muppetman said:
    https://youtu.be/IRmGZSdH2qY

I won’t have one in my house!

You will be telling me you have a smart meter next.
    Smart meters are brilliant. I got one fitted partly to stop the incessant phone calls from my provider and partly because the smart meter is much smaller than my old meter therefore I have more room in my under stairs cupboard for wine etc. But here’s the thing.  It tells me that if I am boiling the kettle whilst having a full load in the dryer and a washing on I’m using more electricity that when i don’t. Who’da thunk it!!  Genius. 
  • edited June 2019
    We have Alexa and are paying for Amazon Prime at 7.99 per month and Amazon Music at 3.99 per month.  Does anyone know if we get the same music with Amazon Prime only?
  • cafcpolo said:
    A yellow light means you have a message or notification. Just say "alexa, what have I missed" 
    We found this the other day. I asked what messages I had and it read the note (Amazon order was delivered). 
    Then cleared the yellow light
  • Sponsored links:

• Ask Alexa to say “Roland 100” in welsh
  • Swisdom said:
    cafcpolo said:
    A yellow light means you have a message or notification. Just say "alexa, what have I missed" 
    We found this the other day. I asked what messages I had and it read the note (Amazon order was delivered). 
    Then cleared the yellow light

Yeah - I think this must be a new upgrade. I order tons of stuff from Amazon and the first time I had the yellow ring (sounds nasty) was the other day. I had to look up how to get rid of it. 
  • Listening to Spotify the other night I told Alexa to turn the sound up.  She told me that I could control the volume from my device.  I told her to f off and turn the sound up ... she did - eventually.
    So your missus' name is Alexa too?
  • I saw that advert with the old guy and the Valerie song so thought I'd try it saying what he said but Alexa couldn't find it. Had no problem with the winkers song though!
  • Users of Amazon's Alexa complained that the voice assistant was not working on Friday morning.

According to the website Down Detector, the problem appeared to affect the UK and parts of Europe and lasted about an hour.

Some users posted on social media that they had been unable to get Alexa to respond or help with their morning routine.

Amazon said the problem had been resolved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60083088

• I saw this earlier and the people creating a fuss about it. Makes me wonder how some people cope with life if not having Alexa working sends you into a tailspin.

My first thought about not being able to turn the alarm off is unplug the bloody thing.
  • Press the microphone icon on Alexa and that will solve it if not already solved.   Coulnd't get LBC on this morning straight away so it was nearly 9am before I was angry with the world.
  • Because Alexa was ill I had to switch on my phone and ask Siri to access Radio 4 via BBC sounds. Oh what a start to the day…it seemed like a typical Monday!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    I have pondered on these things bit concluded that at my age I aught to keep doing things for myself. 
    Ought 
    I wish you’d get Alexa to write some of your posts…
  • I have pondered on these things bit concluded that at my age I aught to keep doing things for myself. 
    Like learning to use the edit button?