Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Catering

Comments

• Crusty54 said:
    The catering last Saturday seemed better organised 
    They were pouring pints and lining them up like there was no tomorrow in the covered end kiosk I went to. As I posted in the match thread, by half time I only fancied a cup of tea but felt obliged to help them get rid of the pints they’d poured
    The owner thanks you.
  • The £4.30 hot dogs we had last sat were the worst thing I've ever eaten at a match from inside a ground
    I thought the burgers last season were not that bad

Was like eating a slug in a soggy roll covered in sauce. Bought 3 and chucked them. Bastards
  • The £4.30 hot dogs we had last sat were the worst thing I've ever eaten at a match from inside a ground
    I thought the burgers last season were not that bad

Was like eating a slug in a soggy roll covered in sauce. Bought 3 and chucked them. Bastards
    Maybe the FF could ask for Suggestion/Feedback forms to be available on all counters , with a box to post them in....
  • I read that Norwich has a catering company that makes a mint and it is part of the club. Called "Delia's", it adds a few million per year in club turnover, which is then used to pay better wages. I am surprised more clubs don't do that.
  • I read that Norwich has a catering company that makes a mint and it is part of the club. Called "Delia's", it adds a few million per year in club turnover, which is then used to pay better wages. I am surprised more clubs don't do that.
    I read that Norwich has a catering company that makes a mint and it is part of the club. Called "Delia's", it adds a few million per year in club turnover, which is then used to pay better wages. I am surprised more clubs don't do that.

and the blessed Delia has a reputation as a 'super cook' to protect
  • Crusty54 said:
    They were pouring pints and lining them up like there was no tomorrow in the covered end kiosk I went to. As I posted in the match thread, by half time I only fancied a cup of tea but felt obliged to help them get rid of the pints they’d poured
    Finally!!!!

This is what is done at Twickenham and it really speeds up the process.

Now all we need is decent beer and all the tills to have contactless (mathless) payments.
  • Crusty54 said:
    The owner thanks you.
    Ok, no problem thanks for passing that on for him but as you’re his spokesman tell him I can’t take all the credit, there were loads of us making the effort to show our appreciation for the initiative being shown
  • Pudds said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Finally!!!!

Now all we need is decent beer and all the tills to have contactless (mathless) payments.
    At cricket as well, they line up the pints

The Oval and Lord's have both completely gone over to cashless (contactless) payment now
  • The food under Delaware was decent if a little bit expensive. 
    People complained

Mitie is hopefully cheaper... it presumably not as good
    people will complain.

theres a theme here...you’ll never please everyone so if you’re a fussy person you should eat before the game. If you’re prepared  not to eat like Egon Ronay then eat at the game
  • Independent hospitality catering company CH&CO has acquired Mitie Catering, comprising Gather & Gather and Creativevents, the workplace catering and events businesses of Mitie.
    https://www.cateringtoday.co.uk/news/catering-companies/chco-acquires-mitie-catering/
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoever it is did not reply to my email sent to their 'contact us' address.

• Got to say the sausage roll I had at the Stoke game was one of the best I've had in a long time, and I'm a bit of a sausage roll connoisseur.

Almost worth the fiver I was charged for it.
  • clive said:
    Independent hospitality catering company CH&CO has acquired Mitie Catering, comprising Gather & Gather and Creativevents, the workplace catering and events businesses of Mitie.
    https://www.cateringtoday.co.uk/news/catering-companies/chco-acquires-mitie-catering/
    Shouldn't this be on the Takeover thread ? 

:-)
    No, that’s for takeovers that will never happen...
  • Swisdom said:
    The food under Delaware was decent if a little bit expensive. 
    People complained

people will complain.

theres a theme here...you’ll never please everyone so if you’re a fussy person you should eat before the game. If you’re prepared  not to eat like Egon Ronay then eat at the game
    The hot dogs are the same brand as last season. 
  • Crusty54 said:
    Swisdom said:
    The food under Delaware was decent if a little bit expensive. 
    People complained

people will complain.

The hot dogs are the same breed as last season. 

• Is it still the same moronic staff serving the food though? Or have the new catering company brought their own?
  • JaShea99 said:
    Is it still the same moronic staff serving the food though? Or have the new catering company brought their own?
    Crossbars was worse than normal. 
  • I had a pie at the Forest Green match, was pretty decent..
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to say the sausage roll I had at the Stoke game was one of the best I've had in a long time, and I'm a bit of a sausage roll connoisseur.

Ffs, even exquisite M&S ones are not that dear.

Got to say the sausage roll I had at the Stoke game was one of the best I've had in a long time, and I'm a bit of a sausage roll connoisseur.

mind you, it was 4 feet long .. (no real idea what that is in metric)
  • What is the count regarding chips?
  • Pudds said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Finally!!!!

none of which needs attention until the twunt is gone - NOT A PENNY MORE
  • What is the count regarding chips?
    Perfectly balanced I have one huge one on each shoulder, both chiselled out by loathsome cynical Belgian shitweaselling.
  • Christ, service is worse than ever. 
  • “We only sell burgers in the lower west, have you tried down there”

brilliant, well done!
  • Pudds said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Finally!!!!

You’ll have more luck sitting on a beach and trying to stop the tide coming in...
  • Pudds said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Finally!!!!

You’ll have more luck sitting on a beach and trying to stop the tide coming in...
    I can see that there is a slight misunderstanding here.

Cnut the Great tried to stop the tide, where as our owner is... ;)
  • edited August 2019
    Had to take my son to the Reading festival in the morning, traffic was a nightmare going but looked ok coming back on the M25. On the way back, traffic was worse but looked ok on the other side. Took M40 driving through London and only missed 10 minutes of the match. But I was so thirsty, I had to break my rule and buy a drink. I bought a Diet Pepsi (which was good as I prefer to Coke) and they left me the bottle top - was this a mistake or have they changed the rule? I noticed out of the corner of my eye some delicious looking sausage rolls. But I resisted. They did look good though! At least I think they were sausage rolls.