Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Liverpool finishing has been shocking tonight
    Should have won this in normal time, the "front 3" have been poor tonight
  • Let's be honest, Liverpool have murdered Atletico Madrid tonight.
  • Said it at work... If Liverpool concede six goals against West Ham - Watford - Bournemouth then they'd struggle to win tonight
    They've been below par since the winter break, as if the break broke their rhythm
  • Said it at work... If Liverpool concede six goals against West Ham - Watford - Bournemouth then they'd struggle to win tonight
    They've been below par since the winter break, as if the break broke their rhythm
    Winter breaks seem to have that effect elsewhere in Europe

Seems to happen nearly every year in Germany where someone new will be top come their break only for Bayern to be top of the pile again come the summer
  • Ooo good the run @ Anfield is over now too
  • Atleti get slated for lack of goals.
    Just 31 goals in 27 league games

but they’ve score 4 in a little over 2 games against the Premier League run away leaders.
  • Adrian has has a shocking extra time  :o
  • Even Liverpool getting knocked out aint cheered me up
  • Atletico were battered for 97 minutes and have then won 3-2. Incredible game.
  • Over two legs.

Liverpool: 40 shots, 2 goals
    Atletico: 16 shots, 4 goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Rejoice people. Rejoice. 
  • scousers undone by their arrogance, got in front and thought 'job done' .. also, superb goalkeeping v rubbish goalkeeping and taking the chances v missing chances .. 
    I still fancy Citeeeee for the title
  • scousers undone by their arrogance, got in front and thought 'job done' .. also, superb goalkeeping v rubbish goalkeeping and taking the chances v missing chances .. 
    Na no chance unfortunately Liverpool need 2 more wins and will wrap it up against Palace.

All we can hope is Man City win at the weekend(if City Lose to Burnley and Liverpool beat Everton they win the title), then the league is cancelled.
  • edited March 2020
    Real Madrid players in a 15 day quarantine after a Real Madrid Basketball player was diagnosed with Coronavirus and they share the same training ground

Surely the 2nd leg of Champions League will be called off now
  • edited March 2020
    scousers undone by their arrogance, got in front and thought 'job done' .. also, superb goalkeeping v rubbish goalkeeping and taking the chances v missing chances .. 
    Na no chance unfortunately Liverpool need 2 more wins and will wrap it up against Palace.

All we can hope is Man City win at the weekend(if City Lose to Burnley and Liverpool beat Everton they win the title), then the league is cancelled.
    I meant the Euro title Paulie
  • Real Madrid players in a 15 day quarantine after a Real Madrid Basketball player was diagnosed with Coronavirus and they share the same training ground

Surely the 2nd leg of Champions League will be called off now
    It has now been postponed

Realistically, it's hard to see the rest of this year's competition happening now
  • Potential for Euro 2020 to be pushed back a year to allow the leagues and cups time to go into June to complete.
  • UEFA have announced that all Champions League and Europa League games next week are now off
  • Sponsored links:

• With the FCO now issuing a travel warning against travel to Madrid, it looks even more crazy that the Liverpool Atletico match went ahead as normal, with away fans in the ground
  • Potential for Euro 2020 to be pushed back a year to allow the leagues and cups time to go into June to complete.
    I think this will happen along with the Olympics and every other international sports fixture .. I can see the EFL/Prem etc games being finished this summer, with the BIG IFFF the virus has either abated or has been got under some kind of control
  • Some great prices in the bookies for this.

I've gone for Juve @ 16-1.

Bit of a one off tournament so anything could happen for me.

Was tempted by Real.Madrid @ 30's!!
  • Some great prices in the bookies for this.

I've gone for Juve @ 16-1.

Bit of a one off tournament so anything could happen for me.

Was tempted by Real.Madrid @ 30's!!
    City will be badly affected if Aguero isn't fit

PSG and Lyon will be massively affected by the French decision to cancel their domestic leagues...
  • edited July 2020
    Draw has been made for the quarters.

1. Real Madrid or Manchester City v Lyon or Juventus

2. RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid

3. Napoli or Barcelona v Chelsea or Bayern Munich

4. Atalanta v Paris St-Germain

Quarters will all be straight knockout ties with all games played in Lisbon from 12-15 August.

• Semi-final draw - ties to take place 18-19 August.

Winner of quarter-final one v winner of quarter-final three

Winner of quarter-final two v winner of quarter-final four

• Means that City will likely have to get past Real Madrid, Juventus and Barca/Bayern to reach the final. That's a tough ask.

Atletico who will face a Leipzig side without Werner have to be strong favourites to win their quarter final.

I'd take Bayern to beat Barca, but the fact Bayern won't have played for a month by the time their game is played could play a part.

Last tie is tricky. PSG no doubt the better side, but won't have played for 5 months and Atalanta have won 11 straight games in all competitions. In a one off tie, i'd fancy Atalanta.
  • I mentioned on the Serie A thread a couple of weeks back a single game knockout format in neutral stadiums is made for Atalanta.

They’re so good going forward they are capable of out scoring any team imo, my doubts would have been against an experienced Champions League outfit over two legs. They were 22/1 a few weeks back, after a great post lockdown run and a favourable draw they are into 12s.

I’m not getting carried away and saying they are favourites are anything silly like that but the change in format favours them and their style, whilst hindering others.

I'd love to see them do it, absolutely love it.
  • Also re Atalanta, what a story it would be.

First ever Champions League appearance, lose the first 3 group games....
  • I mentioned on the Serie A thread a couple of weeks back a single game knockout format in neutral stadiums is made for Atalanta.

They’re so good going forward they are capable of out scoring any team imo, my doubts would have been against an experienced Champions League outfit over two legs. They were 22/1 a few weeks back, after a great post lockdown run and a favourable draw they are into 12s.

I’m not getting carried away and saying they are favourites are anything silly like that but the change in format favours them and their style, whilst hindering others.

I'd love to see them do it, absolutely love it.
    I Would Love It GIFs  Tenor