Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Wimbledon Queue

2»

Comments

• Options
    I went to Roland Garros last year and having been to Wimbledon many times I can honestly say RG is a very poor man's Wimbeldon, there's hardly any atmosphere around the place and even in the stadia.  I watched France's best player (Gasquet) play Rafa and the French fans were barely even supporting him apart from a few cries of ("Rishard").  Wimbledon is a great day out and always a great buzz, Brit fans always create a great atmosphere for all players, RG by comparison was really mundane and doubt I will go again
    It always surprises me how empty the stands can look at RG when compared to Wimbledob too.
  • Options
    Sorry haven't read all the replies as watching  Holland v Canada, cooking duties and just had barny with neighbour who parks so far away from the kerb in our cul De sac that she has to get a lift to her front door ! 

I have been about 4 times in last 10 years and only go if The forecast is sunny with a 1% chance of rain. If you go on first two days you will see top players on out side courts but not  Rafa, Novak or Roger etc. 
    £22 last time I went may be £ 25 now but if you put up  with queuing in a park you will be given a card with a number on.
    We got there at 7am and still got in by 11.30 before play started on the out side courts.
    The tent people have their own queue and give them a wide berth as some haven't washed for a week.
    I'm a tennis nut and enjoy being close up to the action. 
    Highlight was doing up my shoe laces when Maria Sharapova Walked within touching distant ? I may be on the wrong thread for my next thoughts !

It works out to £2 an hour if you stay till 9pm. If not you  can eat drink and be merry and spend £100 watching the celebs. 

Anyone for tennis ?
    When you arrive is there one queue for everyone, or separate queues for those wanting the show courts and those happy with the outside courts?
  • Options
    Sorry haven't read all the replies as watching  Holland v Canada, cooking duties and just had barny with neighbour who parks so far away from the kerb in our cul De sac that she has to get a lift to her front door ! 

I have been about 4 times in last 10 years and only go if The forecast is sunny with a 1% chance of rain. If you go on first two days you will see top players on out side courts but not  Rafa, Novak or Roger etc. 
    £22 last time I went may be £ 25 now but if you put up  with queuing in a park you will be given a card with a number on.
    We got there at 7am and still got in by 11.30 before play started on the out side courts.
    The tent people have their own queue and give them a wide berth as some haven't washed for a week.
    I'm a tennis nut and enjoy being close up to the action. 
    Highlight was doing up my shoe laces when Maria Sharapova Walked within touching distant ? I may be on the wrong thread for my next thoughts !

It works out to £2 an hour if you stay till 9pm. If not you  can eat drink and be merry and spend £100 watching the celebs. 

Anyone for tennis ?
    When you arrive is there one queue for everyone, or separate queues for those wanting the show courts and those happy with the outside courts?
    Last time I went it was one queue.
  • Options
    I went to Roland Garros last year and having been to Wimbledon many times I can honestly say RG is a very poor man's Wimbeldon, there's hardly any atmosphere around the place and even in the stadia.  I watched France's best player (Gasquet) play Rafa and the French fans were barely even supporting him apart from a few cries of ("Rishard").  Wimbledon is a great day out and always a great buzz, Brit fans always create a great atmosphere for all players, RG by comparison was really mundane and doubt I will go again
    It always surprises me how empty the stands can look at RG when compared to Wimbledob too.
    Exactly.  Corporate seats almost always empty.