Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Royal Ascot 2019

Started today.

Fancy Phoenix of Spain in the St James.

Comments

• No dice with Barney Roy in the first.

Guildsman in the 3:05 and Sergei Prokofiev in the 3:40 for me. And I like Addeybb in the last at 5:35.
  • 3.05 - Maxi Boy e/w
    3.40 - Mabbs Cross e/w
    4.20 - Phoenix of Spain (NAP)
    5.00 - Batts Rock e/w
    5.35 - Willie John e/w
  • 3.05 - Maxi Boy e/w
    3.40 - Mabbs Cross e/w
    4.20 - Phoenix of Spain (NAP)
    5.00 - Batts Rock e/w
    5.35 - Willie John e/w
    No hope today VG, im on these 3 in lucky 15. I am useless on the horses :)
  • edited June 2019
    No good in first , but had £10 @3/1 Arizona in second.

3.40 Blue Point
    4.20 Fox Champion ew and Shamman ew
    5.00 Gunnery
    5.35 Magic Wand

have to say I hate the tacky/puerile ITV presentation. The fashion guy and the pathetic social stable being the worst bits. They just make it feel like it's a boys club, that they are all in, and we are not ! 
  • I have:

Mab Cross

Pheonix of Spain

Buildmeupbuttercup

Star of Bengal

lucky 15  e/w £7.50 total stake

• Had an Arizona double... With Battaash, damn it. Hopefully Too Darn Hot comes in then my nose is wiped
  • Absolute shocker of a day so far
  • The interview with Lester Piggott was painfully sad.
  • Away in kefalonia this week so staying well clear, hope those going enjoy it stopped being fun a few years ago for me. 
  • Bloody bollocks of a day for me. Shit happens. Will leave it tomorrow as am going on Thurs! First time and it's a freebie as a mate is laying it on for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have been told Dolphin Vista worth a quid e/w in the last race.
  • edited June 2019
    Have been told Dolphin Vista worth a quid e/w in the last race.
    Ouch... but big price, you can't have them all. :-(

At least Addeybb can cheer me up.
  • edited June 2019
    Have been told Dolphin Vista worth a quid e/w in the last race.
    Watched the race on my phone while at the recording studio today and the band, upon hearing the name, all went "Dolphin Fister?!" with various levels of incredulity.

To be fair, articulating that name in a race with several runners isn't too easy hah
  • Quite right too and I don't think many would disagree, even though whipping as an action doesn't hurt the horse. Trying to elicit a further response like SDS did though was pretty extreme. Counted way too many strokes for my liking
  • 1905 said:
    The interview with Lester Piggott was painfully sad.
    Very taxing.
  • Anyone go today? How did the train strike work out?
  • Ffs why is another good horse racing thread on a sports forum being ruined by the purple hair gang?
  • Anyone go today? How did the train strike work out?
    Wouldn't have known there was one on to be honest. Train out from Waterloo at 11ish was fairly empty and arrived on time. Held for a short while at Ascot on the way back for crowd control but had that before without strike action. Tuesday is one of the quieter days anyway but wonder if all the talk of the strike beforehand scared people off
  • edited June 2019
    Anyway, really looking forward to seeing Sea of Class in tomorrow’s Prince of Wales. Probably my favourite horse on the flat and was so unlucky after coming from a mile off against Enable. Currently 5/2.
  • edited June 2019
    Not ruined it for me. 
    At least I know why he won't be there tomorrow.
    Love the horses so no harm in having this brought to my attention.
    Fair enough post in my opinion.

ValleyGary said:
    Ffs why is another good horse racing thread on a sports forum being ruined by the purple hair gang?

• Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell, can't believe I have just said something nice.

• Not ruined it for me. 
    At least I know why he won't be there tomorrow.
    Love the horses so no harm in having this brought to my attention.
    Fair enough post in my opinion.

ValleyGary said:
    Ffs why is another good horse racing thread on a sports forum being ruined by the purple hair gang?

Fair enough. 
  • Daily Mail, 11th Oct 2018
    In an embarrassment for the sport, Silvestre de Sousa will be banned for infringements of the whip rules on British Champions Day at Ascot a week on Saturday...De Sousa picked up the suspension under the totting-up procedure, having been found guilty of using his whip above the permitted level on too many occasions within a six-month period. 
    Why do you feel the need to post something from last October? You should be celebrating the fact that action is being taken when the situation arises, except, of course, you would rather that all forms of horse racing was abolished. Deluded!! 
  • edited June 2019
    Daily Mail, 11th Oct 2018
    In an embarrassment for the sport, Silvestre de Sousa will be banned for infringements of the whip rules on British Champions Day at Ascot a week on Saturday...De Sousa picked up the suspension under the totting-up procedure, having been found guilty of using his whip above the permitted level on too many occasions within a six-month period. 
    So fucking boring 

if we bring politics on to threads we get told off

this is a thread of royal ascot and you post something completely non related 
  • One of my friends got a tip of a friend who gets them sent. Yesterday he did stake £50 but returned £195, so back at your own risk, still not sure if I am. Todays:

2:30 Divine Spirit 0.75 points  E/W (4 places)

3:05 Themaxwecan 0.75 points EW

3:40 Waldgeist 2points win *NAP

4:20 I can fly 1.5points win

5:00 Kinds field 0.75 points eachway  4 places

5:35 Platinum Star 0.75 points each way 4 places

Yankee 4 points total

Waldgeist

I can fly

Divine Spirit

Kings Field

• 2.30 - Liberty Beach e/w (20/1 @ 6 Places with Bet 365)
    3.05 - Nate The Great e/w
    3.40 - Sea of Class (drifting like a barge :-( )
    4.20 - Agrotera e/w
    5.00 - Kynren e/w
    5.35 - Summer Sands e/w
  • 2.30 - Kimari win @ 7/1; maybe Lambeth Walk e/w @ 11/1. Wesley Ward loves this race and Kimari's 15L win on debut looked awesome.

3.05 - Jalmoud win @ 13/2; probably Eminent Authority e/w at 10/1 with Sky paying 1/5 1-4. Bit of a minefield race though so keeping powder relatively dry.

3.40 - Crystal Ocean win @ 4/1. Sea of Class will be the best of these horses but I'm concerned about the lack of run.

4.20 - Pretty Baby e/w @ 10/1; Anna Nerium e/w @ 14/1. Really rate the both of them, AN can come off the pace well.

5.00 - two of Seniority, Afaak and Kynren each way. Haven't decided yet - but with Sky paying SEVEN places I may go all three. Huge potential for value here.

5.35 - Rayong e/w @ 16/1; Foolish Humor e/w @ 12/1, Sky 1/5 1-5.

------------------------------

Near-impossible day to call. Two winners - even at the shortest prices - near enough breaks me even, but I've staked in quarter-points for today so I won't be too fussed if I do today's lot.
  • Anyone been this week yet? Is getting the train a complete mare?