Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer - 100% Support banner needed

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure who is on a whoosh here Sound As or SHG :wink:
  • Options
    I assume that a banner is a term that can be used on a computer....had no idea as I would have called it a header.
    At 71 I am completely out of touch with computer terminology, so to me a banner is a fucking banner.....like the one I suggested and was made that read EFL NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. :|
    Proper banner that is mate and I was proud to be present at it's unveiling at Accrington start of last season :+1:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I assume that a banner is a term that can be used on a computer....had no idea as I would have called it a header.
    At 71 I am completely out of touch with computer terminology, so to me a banner is a fucking banner.....like the one I suggested and was made that read EFL NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. :|
    Proper banner that is mate and I was proud to be present at it's unveiling at Accrington start of last season :+1:
    I fank yew!!!!  o:)
  • Options
    Look up young man
    Visions of Soundas inspecting his ceiling :-) 
    Har d har!
  • Options
    100% agree with this, SHG.

If I had the necessary dosh, I'd pay for "Wanted" posters to be put up around SE7 ( and beyond) with Bow's face, stating that we want  this man to stay at CAFC.

Until I win the lottery, are there any other ways we might show our 100% support for OUR manager over the next couple of weeks ? 
    If someone gets them designed I'll happily pay for them. I can get 500 a3 size posters for about 60 quid
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer 100% Support banner needed. 

We had it for Chris Powell when he was under pressure at a time when I think it’s fair to say there was less (not much) than 100% support for Chris. That was because we thought it important to show solidarity and respect his achievements.

A banner for Lee means at this present time much much more. The very heart and soul of the club is at stake. I think very few people would disagree if I said that it’s Lee that has not only turned around our fortunes on the pitch against all the odds but he has also managed to get every single Charlton fan back hopeful that we are indeed at the start of a journey. Not only is Lee fundamental to our on field progress but he’s also the glue that right now is holding the very fabric of the club together. We haven’t collectively as fans been this united since SCP got us back into The Championship with that record breaking points total.

We have a madman as an owner who cares not a jot about Charlton Athletic other than squeezing every last pound out of his abject failure. The very idea that Bowyer should be in a position where he might not be give a contract and walk away would surely break what’s left of an already broken football club. 

Lee Bowyer 100% Support

https://www.hatchprint.co.uk/p/260/PVC-banner-printing cheapest place around
  • Options
    Look up young man

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    We still believe in you Lee!  COYR!!
    Do 'We'?

He's just about still got my support but if we continue to make these negative defensive changes costing us points, he can go. (Though I doubt he isn't going at the end of this season anyway)
  • Options
    100% respect for Lee Bowyer, unlike folk on twitter and the usual suspect on CL. But many football folk felt he is falling into the same trap with his tactics of 5 changes which is nearly half a team in a few minutes. Surely that should only happen in friendlies or if you are behind or have players carrying injuries.  

Two matches to go and the inquest can start on success or failure to stay in the Championship. Mitagating reasons if it ends in failure for Lee. He sounds confident on getting another job in the Championship.

I hope the 16 players used in each of the remaining two matches have some energy left in their legs.
  • Options
    I reckon he's as good as gone. Our hope now is that he doesn't take JJ with him - if we've still got a club next year.
  • Options
    Who is saying he should go? 

I'd like to think he's going to see out his contract, but I am certain he won't.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We still believe in you Lee!  COYR!!
    Do 'We'?

He's just about still got my support but if we continue to make these negative defensive changes costing us points, he can go. (Though I doubt he isn't going at the end of this season anyway)
    I am sure he will go if ESI are still about, they have already put a price on his head which just created uncertainty before our biggest game.  Still with their deep deep pockets and stellar budget I cannot wait to see what wonder star they line up to replace him with.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Really can't get my head around those people thinking he should go.  When did football get so utterly short term.  The bloke got us promoted last year and has us 2 points above the trap door with the lowest budget in the league and constant undermining from the SMT.  We won't get better.  Even if relegated, I hope we keep Bowyer.

Some people are just too fickle and have crazy short term memories and unrealistic expectations.

Can't speak for Golfie who was rude or children on other social outlets but I'm assuming he will have had enough of the nonsense at Charlton and will want a new challenge as our team will be weaker next season regardless of whether we are in the Championship or League 1.

He should have a statue built after last season ( or maybe not Sam in the present climate) with what he has done but just like Chris Powell the stress and the constant pressure of penny pinching takes its toll.
    ( With CP it was being told who to pick)

New decent owners then Lee Bowyer is still the boss but time has run out with that and Bowyer goes with all mine and I hope everyone's blessing. It would be cruel to expect him to stay 

Ps. Now how do we get Sam Field to play 100 minutes on Saturday and again on Wednesday. Same with Doughty and Williams ? Anyone know the Phone number of the Russian Olympic doctor from 2012 ?
  • Options
    Not sure about the championship next season, but pretty sure there are going to be stacks of clubs in League One with miniscule budgets, such is the financial climate. IF we get a change of ownership, there may be hope to stabilise over a season and go again. Personally I loved the promotion run. It frigging beats this season in the second tier. If we go down, Lee goes, we all know that. He isn't Charlton, we are, and when he's gone and half the squad has changed, we'll still be here every week, moaning or praising the result. Let's face it, we love those that kiss the badge, but like Taylor, their status can quickly fade. If we stay up and Lee decides to stay, I will be delighted. If he goes, spin the wheel and we have another new idol.