Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Morris .. Scunthorpe

2»

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Yes
    And should we be excited?
  • Options
    I think he is brilliant. Love to see him in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Looking at what their own fans say, they knew he was gonna leave if relegated. They feel if Scunthorpe had stayed up they would have been able to sell him for mid-6 figures. Transfermarkt, which often under-values player worth, has him currently at £575k market value. If his injury problems are not chronic, I am starting to agree that this might be a really solid move. Getting the best players from relegated teams where players have proven they can handle the division is usually a very wise strategy.
    They got relegated from League One? 
    Yes
    Right - so “Getting the best players from relegated teams where players have proven they can handle the division is usually a very wise strategy.” doesn’t make much sense, unless we’re preparing for L1 in 2020/21 already! 
    I should have put that another way.... essentially, he is better than the majority of players on our team and always has been. If our players can handle The Championship, and many can, then he can. And he is a free in his prime at age 27. Getting the best players from relegated teams in the division you already know well is a wise strategy.
    As for preparing for L1... maybe we should. Have we signed Bowyer yet? JJ? Bauer? Aribo? Cullen? Anyone? What if we sell Taylor?
  • Options
    Looking at what their own fans say, they knew he was gonna leave if relegated. They feel if Scunthorpe had stayed up they would have been able to sell him for mid-6 figures. Transfermarkt, which often under-values player worth, has him currently at £575k market value. If his injury problems are not chronic, I am starting to agree that this might be a really solid move. Getting the best players from relegated teams where players have proven they can handle the division is usually a very wise strategy.
    Only problem is that his experience of 'handling' is in the division below where we are!
    for example .. Duane Holmes eventually held down a regular starting spot with Scunthorpe .. he moved to Derby where Frank Lampard obviously saw some positives and he (Holmes) became pretty much a regular starter at Derby towards the middle of last season .. that is a  move from small L1 club to a big(ish) Champ club
  • Options
    the discerning Scunny fans loved him and appreciated his worth to the team .. His leaving is another blow to a decent little club which nosedived into relegation rather as the town itself will nosedive economically with the closing of the steel mills.
    I am not the least bit surprised that Morris is reportedly attracting attention from Champ clubs.