Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Article: Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    CafcSCP said:
    This guy doesn’t have a great rep but he’s tweeted that bowyer has agreed to a 3 year contract :
    https://twitter.com/rogerfairtree/status/1136352425131085826?s=21
    He's a fake. 
    Colin is more reliable.
    He said - "New deal for the Bowyer! Get in Lee, signed on the dotted line today with talk of it being done yesterday."

So he signed today, with talk of him having signed yesterday - yeah righto.

• Options
    Sounds like famous last words. I am even more sure Lampard is leaving now. Does not mean that Bowyer is gonna replace him, but I heard this same denial-stuff when Poch was at Sunderland. "Oh, I don't wanna leave Sunderland!" Five days later... off to Spurs!
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Sounds like famous last words. I am even more sure Lampard is leaving now. Does not mean that Bowyer is gonna replace him, but I heard this same denial-stuff when Poch was at Sunderland. "Oh, I don't wanna leave Sunderland!" Five days later... off to Spurs!
    I know you mean Southampton but that does not mean you shouldn't be mocked 😉😂 
    I am sure ears are burning in Southampton that I called them Sunderland. Apologies! :D
  • Options
    Hard for Bow to sign a contract when he is abroad. I have done these online signatures but these were utility companies with infrastructure. Lee has signed nothing but his bill in Marbella.
  • Options
    IF the perceived nightmeire should come to pass ( apologies for the biblical language but have been helping no 1 grand daughter revise for her RE exam tomorrow !) and Bow leaves through either a derisory contract offer from RD or no offer at all, how do you think the faithful would react ? 

It's a question I have debated whether to pose, or whether to rebuke myself for even considering that scenario.

But, with each passing day and consequent lack of positive news, there is increasing disquiet at Fanackapan Towers.

The overwhelming euphoria of May 26th inevitably pushed such negativity to the furthest reaches of our minds but we can't bury our heads in the sand with the new season fast approaching. 

So, will our very own Rat ( definition : a person regarded as despicable, especially a man...) commit the ultimate act of treachery which surely the most anti protest fans could not defend ? 

And, if our worst fears should be confirmed, how would YOU show the depth of your feelings at this most heinous of acts? 

PLEASE try to answer this question honestly & sensibly if possible.Thanks.
  • Options
    That is something I was wondering earlier FF. Would the departure of Bowyer be the straw that breaks the camels back?
  • Options
    That is something I was wondering earlier FF. Would the departure of Bowyer be the straw that breaks the camels back?
    No.
  • Options
    The rat knows how much the fans love Bowyer and how much he means to the club. It’s very easy to just give the three of them a contract. I honestly think this is his twisted way of getting us back. He is sat in Belgium smiling thinking he has won. I hope to god I’m wrong. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The rat knows how much the fans love Bowyer and how much he means to the club. It’s very easy to just give the three of them a contract. I honestly think this is his twisted way of getting us back. He is sat in Belgium smiling thinking he has won. I hope to god I’m wrong. 
    Personally I think you are wrong.
    My guess is that Duchatelet just wants Bowyer on the cheap, like everything else as he "seeks" to sell whilst maintaining the club on a shoestring.
    I reckon the contract offer will indeed be comparatively derisory and whether Bowyer accepts is in the balance. Just my opinion
  • Options
    If Bowyer does not get signed up I really hope that those that believe that RD is only motivated and interested in money see it as the spiteful vindictive act it would really be

me right now I think the longer he doesn’t sign is more an indication that maybe things are moving behind the scenes and contracts may have been offered but not signed 

wouldn’t it be the perfect cherry on a cake for a new owner to waltz in and give him a 3 yr deal and announce their intention of greatness to the fans 

(more in hope than knowledge that statement) 
  • Options

When did “checking on” become a phrase? Have I missed that completely? 
  • Options
    Hard for Bow to sign a contract when he is abroad. I have done these online signatures but these were utility companies with infrastructure. Lee has signed nothing but his bill in Marbella.
    It really isn’t that hard in 2019...
  • Options
    We have reached D-Day.
    The Decision must be made, whether to offer Lee Bowyer and staff an improved contract or else Duchatelet has got his revenge on the fans for forcing his muse Katrien out, persuading Chris Wilder to reconsider and the Graffiti on his property.
    Plus Duchatelet said he didn't feel safe in attending Wembley.
    Will Retribution override leaving a good management team in situ, so any new owners don't have to worry about that and make the club more attractive to sell ?
    Football acumen has never seemed like an attribute that RD possesses.

As a glass half fall guy I fear Roland may 
    feel quid pro quo is apt for his poor relationship with Charlton Supporters over the last 5 years.

• Options
    If it was looking like Bowyer wasn’t staying I’m confident it would be leaking like a sieve. At the present time, it isn’t.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Just for info: Aussies not out, but there is a holdup at Roland’s end. 
    Price. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Just for info: Aussies not out, but there is a holdup at Roland’s end
    Now there is a big surprise
  • Options
    It wouldn't be price surely?? 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    So no change then. When will this nightmare end
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Perhaps he’s waiting to collect and pocket any money from player sales ?
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    This guy doesn’t have a great rep but he’s tweeted that bowyer has agreed to a 3 year contract :
    https://twitter.com/rogerfairtree/status/1136352425131085826?s=21
    Would like to believe it, but it's not what I've heard. Plus, how would he know?
  • Options

I fear you are right on the nail.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Perhaps he’s waiting to collect and pocket any money from player sales ?

I'd like to shove something up Roland's end!
  • Options
    It might be his idea of vindictive and spiteful revenge against Charlton supporters.

But if he wants to sell at anywhere near 'his' price, surely he shoots himself in the foot financially ...... ?
  • Options
    Just for clarity RD offered Bowyer a contract more than a month ago. 

The problem was it was no doubt a low basic, with many incentives/bonuses that only a maverick like RD would offer.