Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gavin and Stacey Xmas special

2»

Comments

• A very good point. A lot of people, me included will say, why didn't they make more Fawlty Towers? And the answer is just what you have said, John Cleese knew it was as good as it could ever be and would only go downhill from the point it stopped. It would still have been good, but not great.

I always thought Not Going Out was a good comedy, but its latest run is verging on embaressing. You watch it and you can see Lee Mack writing it. All the characters are Lee Mack! I like Lee Mack, but the show is so tired.
    Stop saying Lee Mack
    What Lee Mack?

• Been watching it the last week or so since they announced the Xmas special. Looking forward to it, still cracks me up!
  • Scoham said:
    Inbetweeners is worse imo

Rather than adapting a good British series they've just copied it, almost line for line. Never going to work.
  • edited June 2019
  • "Stace' will you do my back...

…the razor's over there" 
  • may be in the minority but some things are best left where they were
  • edited June 2019
    no Sheridan Smith apparently
    oh well..
    Talking Sheridan Smith, a guilty pleasure, well self pleasure, of mine.  She looked a bit "bottoxed up" in the papers this morning...  i was looking at her bangers anyway so hey ho!
  • Used to like it, but can't watch James Corden nowadays without wanting to stick my foot through the telly
    This may be the only time I have ever agreed with you on here!

• Gavin and Stacey started filming in Barry today. Can't wait for this #gavinandstacey https://t.co/IW7uESAh12

• Sponsored links:

• I wonder how Gavin and Stacey got on with their baby. Hope all went well. If they had a boy I wonder if hhe is called Trevor or "Little Trevor". Baciscally being named after Stacey's late father.

Also I wonder how they will mention Dorris, (Gwen's next door neighbough). The actress Margaret John (who played Dorris passed away quite a while ago. I wonder if they will kill the character off or maybe say she is somewhere else?
  • I wonder how Gavin and Stacey got on with their baby. Hope all went well. If they had a boy I wonder if hhe is called Trevor or "Little Trevor". Baciscally being named after Stacey's late father.

Also I wonder how they will mention Dorris, (Gwen's next door neighbough). The actress Margaret John (who played Dorris passed away quite a while ago. I wonder if they will kill the character off or maybe say she is somewhere else?
    maybe she will be on holiday with Sheridan Smith ….