Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away Days 19/20

Comments

• Never been to Huddersfield, Hull, Preston and Stoke, so looking to tick these off. no doubt 2 will be on a Tuesday night and the other 2 1230 kickoffs on sky.
  • RedChaser said:
    Never been to Derby, Huddersfield, Leeds, Boro, Forest, Stoke, Swansea and West Brom. Been to Leeds and Nottingham for cricket, but not for football!

Looking forward to Bristol City, a very different ground to that on my last visit for the FA Cup game in 1994!

While it's great to be pack at bigger football grounds, I will also miss the homely aspects of L1 football, the terraces and friendly grounds like Fleetwood
    What??? And I thought you was proper Charlton  ;).
    Funnily I've been a lot more away games since we got relegated to L1. Never been to Leeds or West Brom, but been to Oldham, Burton, Fleetwood, Rochdale all the glamour grounds!
    Actually I've only been able to do a lot more of the Northern games since I migrated from the South a few years back.  ;)  
  • edited May 2019
    Nicholas said:
    Never been to Huddersfield, Hull, Preston and Stoke, so looking to tick these off. no doubt 2 will be on a Tuesday night and the other 2 1230 kickoffs on sky.
    I reckon of all the Northern outposts i must be well into double figures at Leeds since the 60's and Huddersfield at least half a dozen times.
  • Huddersfield
    Hull
    Wigan
    Swansea
    are new grounds for me, so would like to go to these, will do all the southern games and probably West Brom, Birmingham, and Boro as have friends/family round them areas.
  • Hull
    Barnsley
    Stoke
    Swansea

are my missing ticks.

i need stoke and swansea so they are nailed on to be midweek!
  • RedChaser said:
    Nicholas said:
    Never been to Huddersfield, Hull, Preston and Stoke, so looking to tick these off. no doubt 2 will be on a Tuesday night and the other 2 1230 kickoffs on sky.
    I reckon of all the Northern outposts i must be well into double figures at Leeds since the 60's and Huddersfield at least half a dozen times.
    Thinking back I would have been at Leeds in 2014, but that game was then rearranged due to the Sheffield Wednesday 5th round Cup game, and then that game was then called off due to a waterlogged pitch! I was outside Leeds station when I heard that news!
  • Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull, PNE, Swansea and Wigan all new stadiums for me. I won't be at the Valley again until circumstances change so I hope to do some of these 
  • Hull
    Barnsley
    Stoke
    Swansea

are my missing ticks.

i need stoke and swansea so they are nailed on to be midweek!
    I reckon you might just be able to do Stoke away on a Tuesday night, not sure about Swansea.

• Derby, Hull, Swansea and Wigan still to tick off, although none are that inspiring.

Love a drinking trip to West London, so three good days out there, and pleased we get one last trip to Griffin Park.

And we get to play Leeds twice - what an honour, the biggest club in the world that hasn't actually won anything for about 3 decades. 2 televised games guaranteed, although presumably they'll be kicking off in the middle of the night to cater for all the billions of plastic Yorkeshiremen scattered around the globe.

Millwall - we beat them in my teens, we didn't beat them in my twenties and, if we don't beat them before mid-January next year, we won't have beaten them during my thirties either. Please, please, please!
  • Sponsored links:

• Birmingham
    Derby (new)
    Huddersfield
    Hull
    Sheff Weds
    Stoke
    Swansea

All on my to do list. 

One of the very few positives of lower league football over the last 3 years was ticking off lots of grounds. 
  • Fulham, QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Luton and Reading are all musts. I've ticked all of them off but we should take a lot to all of those games and get a great atmosphere at all of them. Done Barnsley, Preston, Blackburn, Wigan and Hull too so they're low on priority list but aiming to do as many of the Saturday games as possible.
  • Quite a few I’ve got to tick off still. The difference in quality of side/stadium we’ve got to look forward to is incredible. Great to have some London derbies too!

• Why is there such a big difference between us and Millwall?

We're about 4-5 miles apart, so how can the overall total be 450 miles difference?

What am i missing?
    Thinking exactly the same, doesn’t seem correct. 

• I'd take that as a final league table
  • edited May 2019

Why is there such a big difference between us and Millwall?

We're about 4-5 miles apart, so how can the overall total be 450 miles difference?

What am i missing?
    Maybe because we’re closer to London they take us straight through the city (more the way the crow flies) to go up north and with you they take you around circular or M25? 
  • Never been to Stoke City, would be nice to do it in style. If only there was a way.....

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Never been to Stoke City, would be nice to do it in style. If only there was a way.....

Dying to find our if we can do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke  :)

• That's a crazy table; at first look you think ffs we're being stitched up again in for more long journeys than we thought - but then you take in the total of 6,759. Having just seen the comparable for the season we've just done on the other thread where we were also about fifth highest but had to do 11,000 miles!!! Life will be lot easier this year!

• That's a crazy table; at first look you think ffs we're being stitched up again in for more long journeys than we thought - but then you take in the total of 6,759. Having just seen the comparable for the season we've just done on the other thread where we were also about fifth highest but had to do 11,000 miles!!! Life will be lot easier this year!
    much easier places to get to too. In the main it's all major cities with a direct train from London
  • with international breaks a lot more midweek games next season ( 10 sets of full midweek fixtures in the championship this year )- i really like a home midweek game and you never know we might find out if lyle can do it on a cold rainy night in stoke!
  • Main pick for me has to be:

Bristol City - Decent ground now and never been to Bristol
    Cardiff - Good paramedic mate of mine is from Wales and is a Cardiff supporter
    Derby - Been to every other midlands type club, Derby is next on the list
    Leeds - My Dad's team, love to go to Elland Road
    Stoke - Why not?

No Plymouth and Sunderland!
  • Stoke and Swansea are my new, must-dos.

Will also prioritise Bristol City, Reading and Forest. It’s great going to actual cities and not having to phaff around changing trains en route.

• plus will have a couple of games on sky  - which is always nice preferably in the winter months

blackburn, boro and huddersfield are probably the worst journeys of the bunch the rest are direct trains.
  • RedPanda said:
    Stoke and Swansea are my new, must-dos.

Will also prioritise Bristol City, Reading and Forest. It’s great going to actual cities and not having to phaff around changing trains en route.

Swansea is a very good night out if you can stay over afterwards. 

I will be arranging hospitality for some lucky auction winning bidders. All proceeds to The Upbeats.