Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new housing around Victoria Way/ Cherry Orchard

In case you wondered what's going to replace the knackered council flats around Victoria Way, I found out this afternoon...

http://www.sense7.co.uk/

You couldn't make this up - four developments called "savour", "scent", "vision" and "touch".

It doesn't look like a yuppie ghetto like other developments around here, but spare the silly names...

(feels a bit odd putting this in "not Charlton related"!)

Comments

• Options
    Those houses are also going up damn fast, the first lot opposite me have the timber frames up already, shame they leave tons of bricks and stones laying around, which the local tossers are putting to great use.
  • Options
    Crikey - does that mean the old pre-fab-type buildings have gone?

I've got building works around me until 2009, which is nice. I've no complaints about the development, it'll do the area good, but it'd have been nice to have a note through the door explaining what's going on.
  • Options
    This is in my back yard! I think it's the usual thing these days of some private housing 'paying' for the (re)development of 'social housing' - so it will be interesting to see where each bit goes and if it is mixed or in two halves like the developments that went on the site of the old cable factory off Victoria Way by Fossdene school. Can't wait to see who the new neigbours will be!
  • Options
    It's mixed - more details here - which is a good thing in my book.

Really shouldn't have to be searching on the internet to find out what's happening 40 feet from my front door, though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]It's mixed -more details here- which is a good thing in my book.

Really shouldn't have to be searching on the internet to find out what's happening 40 feet from my front door, though.

Agreed, all I've had is a note saying 'You're road will be closed for 4 weeks, if you wish to park, or have access to your own home, tough f****** luck'

It's all pretty annoying.
  • Options
    Right oppo my mum and dads. Hope this isn't going to effect my match day parking.