Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So what was the final average away following

for Charlton ? The Donny play off and Wembley should have had a little impact on the numbers...did anybody sit down and work it out ?

Comments

• Pretty sure you can't add Wembley into an away average following.

Otherwise Man City would have the best away following in the world.
  • Bradford's is very impressive given how poor they were all season.
  • Southend's is not shabby either.
  • Is there a comparable list for the amount of miles each team had to travel. Not making excuses for us, just would like to see if someone like Bradford's is really that impressive
  • We were hampered a bit this year, Wimbledon being our closest game only getting about 800 for. 

For us, we had some very decent away followings this season and a 1k average at L1 level is good. 
    Any excuse to get out of Bradford for the day I suppose
  • As an away only addicks, attendances seemed up all year. Especially the second half. Atmosphere has improved loads as well, with a real vocal core. Long may it continue.
    Any excuse to get out of Bradford for the day I suppose
    How dare you, I live there!!

Your right BTW :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t think that’s right @Stig

• I don’t think that’s right @Stig

Why's that?
  • Stig said:
    I don’t think that’s right @Stig

Why's that?
    Unless I'm missinterpeting the stats Blackpool and Fleetwood should be roughly the same mileage mate, no?
  • RedChaser said:
    Stig said:

Why's that?
    Unless I'm missinterpeting the stats Blackpool and Fleetwood should be roughly the same mileage mate, no?
    they are. Their average away journeys are 130 miles and 133 miles.
  • Plymouth are miles out in front. Their average away journey is at least 100 miles more than half of the division. Only Sunderland are within 65 miles of their average journey distance.
  • edited May 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Stig said:

Why's that?
    they are. Their average away journeys are 130 miles and 133 miles.
    So what doess the 'many miles' column (Blackpool 62530, Fleetwood 24738) tell us then?  :o
  • Fans x Average Miles.  In itself it's pretty meaningless except that it should provide a ranking that will give some indication of how well each team is doing in relation to each other.  ie. bigger numbers are better than smaller numbers, but actual numbers don't tell us much.
  • The relative lack of large away grounds in London and the Home Counties would have affected our figure a bit, but it's still disappointing really, only 111 more than Oxford who are hardly known for their massive support, and well below Luton. 

833 for Plymouth is a stunning number though considering the distance they had to travel AND that is was a relegation season!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Took me a while to work out what was going on, but I think the 'many miles' column is as good a way as any of judging away followings. 
  • Surprised Portsmouth is as low as it is given our average is 120. Would have thought they'd be a good 45 miles average more than us.
  • cafcpolo said:
    Surprised Portsmouth is as low as it is given our average is 120. Would have thought they'd be a good 45 miles average more than us.
    It's as the crow flies. That would bring all of the distances down.