Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injuries

Not talking about players we have injured but fan injuries after the winner today. 

I somehow ended up about 6 rows down and in next block with some big geezer landing on top of me.  

My wrist is swollen, my elbow cut and have some quite heavy bruising on my leg. 

Bloody worth it though!!!  What a memory!!

Any other 94th minute goal celebration injuries??

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    This is absolutely worthy of its own thread. The amount of limbs flying about for the winner was godly.

Literally cried my eyes out with joy whilst damaging near enough every bone in my body, and didn’t feel an ounce of pain. 
  • Options
    Ended up wedged between two seats about 5 rows in front - unreal scenes. Worth every ounce of pain 
  • Options
    Does @CharltonKerry count, given he was injured already?
  • Options
    Foot is now a multicoloured black and blue, but it was all worth it.

aliwibble said:
    Does @CharltonKerry count, given he was injured already?

• Options
    Somehow fell over (apologies to the person next to me) when we scored the winner... No injuries thankfully but christ knows how I went down!!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    We were 4 rows back, P block up in 533 in the cheap seats but had a fantastic view. There were 8 young fellas behind me and a body builder to my left. I thought it was manic when it went 1-1 but when we got the free kick deep into added time, I said to the aformentioned from my soapbox,
    "This will be a good time to score"
    The rest is history and I was then battered by all of the above as they believe I was Nostradamus. 

I was as sober as a judge as I'm on a cocktail of drugs at present, but I felt as high as all the young drinkers around me.
    So proud to be a Charlton fan, and the bruises will go, but the happy memories will stay for the rest of my life.

• Options
    Not an injury but calf muscles still aching after standing all game and then on Wembley way.

Out for two weeks at least.
  • Options
    Sore ribs from being crushed by friends and family hugging me so tightly! Also tight calves through standing on tiptoes as the guy infront was a man-mountain blocking my view!
  • Options
    My knees are knackerd. All I did yesterday was stand & walk. Walked to the station.....stood on the train.....stood on the tube......walked down Wembley Way.....stood all during the game......walked back down Wembley Way.....stood on the tube......walked around Trafalgar Square & down to Westminster tube station. Finally got a seat on the train home. 

But bloody worth it  !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somehow fell over (apologies to the person next to me) when we scored the winner... No injuries thankfully but christ knows how I went down!!
    Edit... No injuries but just found proper brusing down my side - Explains why my chest has been aching since the game
  • Options
    My knees are knackerd. All I did yesterday was stand & walk. Walked to the station.....stood on the train.....stood on the tube......walked down Wembley Way.....stood all during the game......walked back down Wembley Way.....stood on the tube......walked around Trafalgar Square & down to Westminster tube station. Finally got a seat on the train home. 

But bloody worth it  !!
    Did you take a buggy with you ?
  • Options
    I ended up with cramp all night long, but worth it for such a wonderful day.
  • Options
    Hurt my elbow celebrating!

Didn't really notice at the time but felt it stiffening on the journey home and I'm moving it like the tin man today.

• Options
    "I thought he went down far too easy then, it was the gentlest of touches that sent him over"