Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Oliver

His restaurant empire has gone tits

Never ate in one personally but surprised he owned the whole business, I thought he was just fronting it

Comments

• Options
    Oh I thought this just might be an RIP?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Pucker

Net worth of £240m according to some sources.
  • Options
    He’ll be alright, just bought a new £6m family home so hasn’t lost everything 
  • Options
    He’ll be alright, just bought a new £6m family home so hasn’t lost everything 
    Gone into administration. Ate in the one that was in Greenwich. It’s was sit service and the food mediocre.
  • Options
    That’s the food chain, he’s still cakey as fuck
  • Options
    I read the comment that this year he put in £3 million of his own money so he sounds like it’s not total disaster financially for him personally.
  • Options

I'm more concerned about British Steel, yet another industry about to go forever.

Employees of Jamie will find it easer to find similar work the same cannot be said for British Steel.

• Options
    His wife’s clothing business is absolutely booming
  • Options
    I read the comment that this year he put in £3 million of his own money so he sounds like it’s not total disaster financially for him personally.
    Still a bit embarrassing for him though.
  • Options
    JO - "We launched Jamie's Italian in 2008 with the intention of positively disrupting mid-market dining in the UK High Street, with great value and much higher quality ingredients, best-in-class animal welfare standards and an amazing team who shared my passion for great food and service. And we did exactly that."

*Emoji holding chinny thingy*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still a bit embarrassing for him though.
    Maybe - he's still got a few bankruptcies to go before he catches up with Gordon Ramsey though
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    He’s got so many irons in the fire you can’t see the fire
  • Options
    I wonder if the competitors who existed before he tried to "positively disrupt" them, are still plodding?

Would be funny if they are...
  • Options
    His wife’s clothing business is absolutely booming

I don't think the customer is as fussy if their new clothes have been dribbled over as much as they are their food. One should always stick new clothes in the wash anyway
  • Options
    JO - "We launched Jamie's Italian in 2008 with the intention of positively disrupting mid-market dining in the UK High Street, with great value and much higher quality ingredients, best-in-class animal welfare standards and an amazing team who shared my passion for great food and service. And we did exactly that."

*Emoji holding chinny thingy*
    To be fair it did launch in that way... It just didn't manage to maintain the 'Great Food and Service' bit. 

Probably always doomed to fail as higher quality ingredients and best in class animal welfare are not cheap... If you sell those things cheap you'll not be able to maintain your business model.
  • Options
    Just one part of his empire, he won't go hungry.
  • Options

I'm more concerned about British Steel, yet another industry about to go forever.

Employees of Jamie will find it easer to find similar work the same cannot be said for British Steel.

His pizzas are of a similar density
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    That is a shame, as someone who works around the country and eats on an expenses account. Working in a place that had a Jamie's Italian was a blessing, decent balanced food at sensible prices and as @Chunes said. It was freshly cooked, I've never had a spectacular meal there but I've never had a shit one either. 
    Spot on.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    That is a shame, as someone who works around the country and eats on an expenses account. Working in a place that had a Jamie's Italian was a blessing, decent balanced food at sensible prices and as @Chunes said. It was freshly cooked, I've never had a spectacular meal there but I've never had a shit one either. 
    Can't have been that good, or they wouldn't have gone into administrone
  • Options
    Maybe it failed because of what he has become. Pompous little do gooder prat preaching to people what they should eat & raising revenue for the government ie sugar tax (hypocrite as he apparently sold full fat fizzys himself) costing the public money just to benefit himself as in recognition for a possible knighthood!!!!
  • Options
    Maybe it failed because of what he has become. Pompous little do gooder prat preaching to people what they should eat & raising revenue for the government ie sugar tax (hypocrite as he apparently sold full fat fizzys himself) costing the public money just to benefit himself as in recognition for a possible knighthood!!!!
    Someone had a bad meal in Jamie’s Italian ....
  • Options
    great pity, the restaurants were excellent ...the one at Bluewater was very good.

However, the worst is so many people losing their jobs. 
  • Options
    The problem is that there are so many businesses competing for the same space. I may be wrong, but his involvement now seems to be mostly his name. 
  • Options
    Always liked the restaurant across from my office, and the one at home. Too many like it though, can just as easily go somewhere else. Chelmsford in particular is absolutely saturated with restaurants in the same bracket. They didn't distinguish themselves enough perhaps, though the food was good, and they were great with families (my kids loved the menus being in binoculars).
  • Options
    Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Harsh. A cook who made the most of his personality and brought a lot of positive change to the industry, killed the turkey twirler mentality and encouraged poorer families to start cooking food themselves rather than being reliant on expensive processed rubbish from the supermarkets.